Anti-Obama Billboard Stirs Controversy

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI

KDVR Denver
6:20 PM MST, November 20, 2009

4128465158_fb6b5d38ba_o.jpg

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Call it Freedom of Speech. A billboard recently erected in Wheat Ridge compares President Barack Obama to a terrorist and questions his U.S. citizenship.

The billboard, located at 4855 Miller Road, shows two cartoonish images of Obama wearing a Muslim turban and reads "PRESIDENT or JIHAD?"

It also says "BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PROVE IT!" alluding to the conspiracy theory which claims Barack Obama was born in Kenya rather than Hawaii, which would disqualify him for the office of President.

The words "WAKE UP AMERICA! REMEMBER FT. HOOD!" appear on the bottom of the billboard.

The sign belongs to a car dealership.

"Since Fort Hood, I've had it," owner Phil West told FOX 31 News Friday. "You can't suggest things. You can't profile. You gotta call a spade a spade."

"Everything I have read about Mr. Obama points right to the fact that he is a Muslim. And that is the agenda of what Muslim is all about. It's about anti-American, it's about anti-Christianity," West said.

Anti-Obama billboard in suburban Denver, Colorado stirs controversy; asks for birth certificate - KDVR

KDVR Denver

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Call it Freedom of Speech. A billboard recently erected in Wheat Ridge compares President Barack Obama to a terrorist and questions his U.S. citizenship.

The billboard, located at 4855 Miller Road, shows two cartoonish images of Obama wearing a Muslim turban and reads "PRESIDENT or JIHAD?"

It also says "BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PROVE IT!" alluding to the conspiracy theory which claims Barack Obama was born in Kenya rather than Hawaii, which would disqualify him for the office of President.

The words "WAKE UP AMERICA! REMEMBER FT. HOOD!" appear on the bottom of the billboard.

"Since Fort Hood, I've had it," owner Phil West told FOX 31 News Friday. "You can't suggest things. You can't profile. You gotta call a spade a spade."

"Everything I have read about Mr. Obama points right to the fact that he is a Muslim. And that is the agenda of what Muslim is all about. It's about anti-American, it's about anti-Christianity," West said.

Anti-Obama billboard in suburban Denver, Colorado stirs controversy; asks for birth certificate - KDVR

:udaman:

I was trying to think up something so outraeous and you beat me to it with this post. :tongue:

KDVR Denver

Thank you.

I have money that says this billboard will be taken down under pressure from Democrats somewhere at some level in quick fashion. The person(s) who are responsible for putting it up may get a beheading for this as well.

KDVR Denver

I was trying to think up something so outraeous and you beat me to it with this post. :tongue:

Great political commentary... :eusa_hand:

KDVR Denver

Gotta love it....Freedom of Speech at work! :clap2: :clap2:

(Mr. West....be prepared for a visit from the FBI, CIA, Secret Service and the IRS. Obammy gonna sick 'em on you). ;)

It's about the stupidest waste of money any knuckle-dragging hick could make,..

As opposed to card carrying members of the obama butt kissing club of slack jawed, mouth breathing, liberal, shit for brains that couldn't care less about the law or our constitution?

Thing is the majority of Americans live in middle America, and they DO agree with the sentiments of the sign. You little obama worshipping libtards will just have to deal with it.

As opposed to card carrying members of the obama butt kissing club of slack jawed, mouth breathing, liberal, shit for brains that couldn't care less about the law or our constitution?

Thing is the majority of Americans live in middle America, and they DO agree with the sentiments of the sign. You little obama worshipping libtards will just have to deal with it.
prove it

The rest of you post nothing more than the whelping of a wet pup who lost at the polls last year and has yet to develop the mental capacity to realize it.

prove it

The rest of you post nothing more than the whelping of a wet pup who lost at the polls last year and has yet to develop the mental capacity to realize it.

Latest poll has conservatives out numbering liberals. Conservatives have a deep disdain for obama. They also aren't afraid to speak out the truth, unlike you dip shit.

Now you prove that wrong, or STFU. You're gas isn't any more pertinent to anything this thread is about than a turd in a punch bowl.

prove it

Latest poll has conservatives out numbering liberals. Conservatives have a deep disdain for obama. They also aren't afraid to speak out the truth, unlike you dip shit.

Now you prove that wrong, or STFU. You're gas isn't any more pertinent to anything this thread is about than a turd in a punch bowl.
You have yet to prove that Thing is the majority of Americans live in middle America, and they DO agree with the sentiments of the sign.

It's free speech, all right. It's about the stupidest waste of money any knuckle-dragging hick could make, but it's free speech.
Unless of course the billboard and associated publicity garner an increase in sales.
Then it is money well spent.
I believe business majors call it "effective advertising"

prove it

You have yet to prove that Thing is the majority of Americans live in middle America, and they DO agree with the sentiments of the sign.

I've already provided more "proof" than YOU have. Now step up, YOU prove me WRONG, do something other than just run your mouth.

Forum List

Back