Anti-Obama Billboard Stirs Controversy

KDVR Denver
6:20 PM MST, November 20, 2009

4128465158_fb6b5d38ba_o.jpg

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Call it Freedom of Speech. A billboard recently erected in Wheat Ridge compares President Barack Obama to a terrorist and questions his U.S. citizenship.

The billboard, located at 4855 Miller Road, shows two cartoonish images of Obama wearing a Muslim turban and reads "PRESIDENT or JIHAD?"

It also says "BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PROVE IT!" alluding to the conspiracy theory which claims Barack Obama was born in Kenya rather than Hawaii, which would disqualify him for the office of President.

The words "WAKE UP AMERICA! REMEMBER FT. HOOD!" appear on the bottom of the billboard.

The sign belongs to a car dealership.

"Since Fort Hood, I've had it," owner Phil West told FOX 31 News Friday. "You can't suggest things. You can't profile. You gotta call a spade a spade."

"Everything I have read about Mr. Obama points right to the fact that he is a Muslim. And that is the agenda of what Muslim is all about. It's about anti-American, it's about anti-Christianity," West said.

Anti-Obama billboard in suburban Denver, Colorado stirs controversy; asks for birth certificate - KDVR

Gotta love it....Freedom of Speech at work! :clap2: :clap2:

(Mr. West....be prepared for a visit from the FBI, CIA, Secret Service and the IRS. Obammy gonna sick 'em on you). ;)

you realize they didn't go after orly? She did get fined for her false claims but that was it. And this man makes you all look like morons.

Why did this thread get moved to the "Conspiracy Theories" section. It is not a conspiracy theory. It is a story about a billboard with political intent.

it really should have moved to the lame zone!

Obviously no discussion of this issue can be allowed. QUASH IT ALL NOW!!!!!!

Did I say that?
You can discuss it all you want, I personally think it is pointless because the guy who put of the sign is an idiot and maybe should worry about more important things.

it's a big conspiracy, dude. WE ARE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!@!!!1111

:rofl:

Did I say that?
You can discuss it all you want, I personally think it is pointless because the guy who put of the sign is an idiot and maybe should worry about more important things.

How do you know that he is an idiot? Is he an idiot just because his politics differ from yours? That would be an incredibly intollerant attitude of yours if it were the case. What "other things" do you demand that he worry about? What is your list of demands?

Did I say that?

How do you know that he is an idiot? Is he an idiot just because his politics differ from yours? That would be an incredibly intollerant attitude of yours if it were the case. What "other things" do you demand that he worry about? What is your list of demands?

he has the right to put up his sign just as I have the right call him an idiot.
And you are telling me I have intollerant attitude while defending a man who is calling our President a terrorist, kind of makes your point void!

Last edited:
I guess in this economy car dealers have to re-invent themselves to drive sales. While the billboard is stupid I wholly respect his right to freedom of speech. I especially appreciate his comments to Fox 31. It's not everyday an ignorant redneck screams:

I DON'T HAVE THE FIRST FUCKING CLUE!

I take that back......we see it on here everyday.

(Mr. West....be prepared for a visit from the FBI, CIA, Secret Service and the IRS. Obammy gonna sick 'em on you). ;)

REALLY... hmmm... now WHY would he do that?

Becuase Obammy absolutely, positively DESPISES Americans who are against him and will do whatever he feels appropriate to shut them up.

Dissent is NOT allowed in Obammy's Amerika.

Really? When is the last time anyone from the federal government tried to stifle your dissent against the Obama administration?

KDVR Denver
6:20 PM MST, November 20, 2009

4128465158_fb6b5d38ba_o.jpg

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Call it Freedom of Speech. A billboard recently erected in Wheat Ridge compares President Barack Obama to a terrorist and questions his U.S. citizenship.

The billboard, located at 4855 Miller Road, shows two cartoonish images of Obama wearing a Muslim turban and reads "PRESIDENT or JIHAD?"

It also says "BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PROVE IT!" alluding to the conspiracy theory which claims Barack Obama was born in Kenya rather than Hawaii, which would disqualify him for the office of President.

The words "WAKE UP AMERICA! REMEMBER FT. HOOD!" appear on the bottom of the billboard.

The sign belongs to a car dealership.

"Since Fort Hood, I've had it," owner Phil West told FOX 31 News Friday. "You can't suggest things. You can't profile. You gotta call a spade a spade."

"Everything I have read about Mr. Obama points right to the fact that he is a Muslim. And that is the agenda of what Muslim is all about. It's about anti-American, it's about anti-Christianity," West said.

Anti-Obama billboard in suburban Denver, Colorado stirs controversy; asks for birth certificate - KDVR

Gotta love it....Freedom of Speech at work! :clap2: :clap2:

you realize they didn't go after orly? She did get fined for her false claims but that was it. And this man makes you all look like morons.

Actually, there is indication that the California Bar is very interested in Dr. Taitz's questionable ethical conduct. Especially if she tried to suborn perjury.

Of course, if she gets her license lifted, the nutters will scream conspiracy theory, despite the long and concrete list of misconduct on her part.

To include accusing federal judges of committing crimes and refusing to honor a federal judge's order.

I personally think Orly has always been in on it for the cash. She is just racking up paypal donations. Now that she has played out all of her cards, she won't mind losing her license, because it will enable her to set up another pay pal account for her "defense fund".

Either way, she was the birthers greatest enemy. She absolutely tubed any chance they ever had for legitimacy (which wasn't much to begin with).

Did I say that?

No, he's an idiot for playing into the birther stupidity and for pimping a national tragedy, (the shootings at Ft. Hood) to grind his own political axe.

Oh yeah, the the cartoon characters are pretty retarded too.

He could have made a political point without looking like an idiot.

As it stands, this is a free country and he has a right to act like an idiot.

And we have a right to point out he's an idiot.

Why did this thread get moved to the "Conspiracy Theories" section. It is not a conspiracy theory. It is a story about a billboard with political intent.
..about a conspiracy theory.

Wingnuttery at its finest.

How do you feel about the Obama supporters threatening to kill dealership employees? Is that some good stuff or what?
How do you feel about Obama haters threatening to kill the president?

Most reasoning people would say: both questions are stupid.

It's about the stupidest waste of money any knuckle-dragging hick could make,..

As opposed to card carrying members of the obama butt kissing club of slack jawed, mouth breathing, liberal, shit for brains that couldn't care less about the law or our constitution?

Thing is the majority of Americans live in middle America, and they DO agree with the sentiments of the sign. You little obama worshipping libtards will just have to deal with it.

You are some kinda stupid. And I mean that in a totally condisending way...

And you are some kinda wrong on just about everything you post on this MB.

And you want to run for a public office? :cuckoo:

What astounds me is that people like you have the dumb luck to make it to adulthood and beyond without getting run over and killed.

Kudos to the folks that make gaurd rails.:lol::lol::lol:

Here's something for a bit of balance...........

A newspaper ad from the anti-war group MoveOn.org that attacks Gen. David Petraeus has prompted a Republican outcry in Washington, D.C., as supporters of the surge strategy in Iraq change the subject from the progress in Iraq to the rhetoric used by war opponents.
Patraeus
(ABC)

"General Petraeus or General Betray Us?" reads the full-page ad (CLICK HERE), which cost the liberal group MoveOn.org approximately $65,000 and ran in section A of today's New York Times.

The ad accuses the general of "Cooking the Books for the White House" and asserts "General Petraeus is a military man constantly at war with the facts," citing optimistic statements the general has made about Iraq in the past.

White House spokesman Tony Snow called it "a boorish, childish, unworthy attack" and called on members of Congress to condemn the ad. By the end of the day, 30 Republican senators and Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., had written to the Democratic Senate Leader, asking him to "join us in making it clear that you do not share the views of Moveon.org, and that you will not join Moveon.org in attacking the character of this fine officer" and House Republicans had introduced a resolution condemning the ad.

A Democratic leadership aide on Capitol Hill told ABC News that the ad was "not helpful" because it allowed Republicans to refocus attention from "what's happening on the ground in Iraq and the fact that everyone, even Gen. Petraeus, agrees that political progress is lacking."

In addition to liberal activist groups such as MoveOn.org, Democrats in both the House and Senate have impugned Petraeus' testimony today, and those tuning in to the House hearing today to hear from Petraeus had to wait longer than scheduled because the general's microphone was not functioning, prompting a brief recess.

The microphones of his GOP defenders were fully amplified, however. The ranking Republican on the House Armed Services committee, Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, took much of the limited time he had to make remarks at Petraeus' briefing this afternoon to decry the MoveOn.org ad and other attacks on the general's credibility, noting that Petraeus had been unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate earlier this year.

"Let us start off this hearing with this stipulation," Hunter said, Petraeus will offer "a candid independent assessment delivered with integrity."

The chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., said the ad "is outrageous and it is deplorable" and called upon her "colleagues on both sides of the aisle" to condemn the ad and, somewhat inexplicably, to apologize to the general for the impugning of his integrity.

MoveOn.org Ad Takes Aim at Petraeus - ABC News

Now, when this happened under the Bush Jr. admin, people were jumping up and down about the un American sentiment being expressed here, and there was lots of outrage.

Shit......some people here were wanting the people responsible for the ad put in jail.

Petraeus (who incidentally WAS a sell-out.......he was looking at president in 2012 which is why he did his bullshit), was only a general.

Obama is the PRESIDENT.

So, if you were outraged over that, why the fuck are all you kool aid drinking idiots touting this as "free speech" when what was said about Petraeus was considered "treason"?

..about a conspiracy theory.

Wingnuttery at its finest.

How do you feel about the Obama supporters threatening to kill dealership employees? Is that some good stuff or what?

Dodge..... Deflect?
Care to answer my question as to how you feel about the Obama supporters who are threatening to kill dealership employees? I think they should go to prison.

Dodge..... Deflect?
Care to answer my question as to how you feel about the Obama supporters who are threatening to kill dealership employees? I think they should go to prison.

and lets talk about tolerance. So in your sig line you say you want any obama supporter laid off, there is some real tolerance.:lol:

Dodge..... Deflect?

Tell ya what cock smoker, we'll put the people who threatened to kill the dealership employees in jail, right after we put the people who showed up with signs about watering the tree of liberty and carrying assault weapons to health care rallies where the president was at.

Sound good to you ya fucking 'tard?

Tell ya what cock smoker, we'll put the people who threatened to kill the dealership employees in jail, right after we put the people who showed up with signs about watering the tree of liberty and carrying assault weapons to health care rallies where the president was at.

Sound good to you ya fucking 'tard?

Not very much lib tolerance in this posting. Carrying firearms is kinda a protected Second Amendment thingy you know. "Watering The Tree Of Liberty" is a very historical statement by Thomas Jefferson. None the less you feel that Obama protesters need to go to prison for re-stating it?

1065. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826). Respectfully Quoted: A Dictionary of Quotations. 1989

Now THAT is lib hate people!!!!! :eek:

Forum List

Back