Anti Johnson crowd is full of cowards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dissent, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Dissent

Dissent BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
  2. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,570
    So now your into Nietzsche Uber Puffs!?

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    You realize there isn't an anit-Johnson crowd at all? The man isn't on anyone's radar. Nor is he doing anything that would gin up people to be against him.

4. GeoLaureate8

GeoLaureate8 Nobody

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Everyone who votes for Obamney is anti-Johnson.

5. Amazed

Amazed BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Nobody knows who this Johnson is....Dissent you are an idiot.

6. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,001
    Alrighty then GruppenFuehrer.

7. GeoLaureate8

GeoLaureate8 Nobody

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +92
    You are a disgrace to Thomas Jefferson. Get him out of your signature. You hate Liberty.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Shelzin

Shelzin Equal Opportunity Asshole

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    You have to quote some of the article. Otherwise they straight out won't read anything. Many won't read all of what I'm about to post from it. But they'll read SOMETHING at least.

Not a day goes by when I get a message from a conservative telling me that I must vote for Mitt Romney, not just because a vote for Gary Johnson (or anyone other than Romney or Obama) would be a wasted vote, but that we must vote for the one guy who has a shot of defeating Obama to save our country. That we absolutely cannot vote for anyone other than Romney, because if Obama gets another four years this country will no longer exist. There’s a reason for this.

They’re cowards.

Some examples of the comments I’ve received:

We are on the preverbial roof of a house while the flood waters are rising. The rescue boat is here to help us off the roof and to drier ground. Are you going to say, no I would rather stay on the roof until a helicopter comes because I like helicopters better?

And:

Let me be clear, Romney was not my first, second, third, fourth,or even fifth choice! But I would vote for the town drunk before I voted for Obama. As far as the status quo you say, well I think we have to STOP THE BLEEDING, you may not agree with that approach but the last four years of the wrecking ball smashing away at the economy everyday I believe we need to try a different approach. Such as getting more people back to work so there is more people paying taxes.

The thing is that there is virtually no evidence that Romney is either A) piloting the rescue boat coming to get us, or B) going to do anything to stop the bleeding. The man is very acutely interesting in expanding our military budget, while doing little to reform our bloated entitlements or actually cutting spending beyond the Corporation for Public Broadcasting—which is a good move, but not enough to save us from the black hole we’re spiraling into.

Because of the utter lack of differences between Romney and Obama, I must ask why people are being so forceful in demanding we vote for Romney. The only conclusion I can come to is that they are cowards. They are not being brave or courageous, as they may think they are. Rather, they are being motivated entirely by fear.

Actually, “motivated” is the wrong word. The proper word is “controlled.” They are being controlled by their fear, consumed by it. Instead of being in control of their own destinies, they are so wracked by fear that they are just reacting to it, being virtual slaves to it.​

And it goes on.

9. Amazed

Amazed BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Did Tom know Johnson?

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    Actually, no. A majority of people who vote for Obama or Romney either don't know or don't care about Johnson. Like I said, he isn't a factor. No one is anti-Johnson. Voting for someone doesn't mean they are anti someone else. They could be anti someone else. But all it means is they are for someone.