Anti-government Beck protected by the government

Glenn Beck has never stated that he hates Government or is "Anti-Government." Being Anti-Big Government is not the same as being Anti-Government. Furthermore,i don't believe Glenn Beck ever demanded or requested that security. So it looks like you just made up a big ole pile of steaming excrement and tried to pass it off as being fact. Hey nice try though. :)

I have to agree with you on this LibocalypseNow. Sounds more like an opinion from a left wing nut. Glenn has never stated he is for anti-government. At least if Elmer wnated to be taken seriously, he could have posted a source to back up his drivel. Or, maybe Old Rocks could have backed him up with some sources other than :lol::lol::lol:
This thread is really a nonstarter.

I too also agree with Libo and Meister...Beck clearly has made some enemies on the left because he exposes their hipocrisy. A local government providing for his security is nothing more than a local government covering their bases. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Last edited:
Glenn Beck has never stated that he hates Government or is "Anti-Government." Being Anti-Big Government is not the same as being Anti-Government. Furthermore,i don't believe Glenn Beck ever demanded or requested that security. So it looks like you just made up a big ole pile of steaming excrement and tried to pass it off as being fact. Hey nice try though. :)

I have to agree with you on this LibocalypseNow. Sounds more like an opinion from a left wing nut. Glenn has never stated he is for anti-government. At least if Elmer wnated to be taken seriously, he could have posted a source to back up his drivel. Or, maybe Old Rocks could have backed him up with some sources other than :lol::lol::lol:

I too also agree with Libo...Beck clearly has made some enemies on the left because he exposes their hipocrisy. A local government providing for his security is nothing more than a local government covering their bases. Nothing wrong with it at all.

Beck gets quite a few death threats these days. Way I figure it, no one wants to shut up a clown, right?

He's pissing the Administration off and that - no matter which side is in power - is no bad thing.

Glenn Blech is nuts.

Oddly enough, he has no balls.

Geeze, I think that's what I heard Glenn say about you, ABS. :lol:

I guess that makes me more famous than you eh?

At least someone recognizable knows MY name!

Yeah, I guess you are more famous than me. I kind of live my life incognito, ABS.
I don't want the government know that I exist as much as possible....But...yes Glenn knows you, I'm sure.

Yeah, Blech knows of me..........he apparently is so freaking paranoid that he's got a bead on ANYONE who doesn't agree with his bullshit.

Nice to not be a sheep or a ditto head.

that was liberals do, put half truths, and complete lies together and pass it off as truth

Yeah, Blech knows of me..........he apparently is so freaking paranoid that he's got a bead on ANYONE who doesn't agree with his bullshit.

Nice to not be a sheep or a ditto head.

"THEY don't surround us!"

"We surround THEM!"

My favorite Beck quote.

Who's them?

Them's the voices in Beck's head.

The asholes currently running things in Washington DC dipstick but then you probably wouldn't be bright enough to figure that out.

Glenn Beck was honored by his home town of Mount Vernon WA. It was the idea of the mayor but many did not agree.

The city government spent $17,000 in overtime because of concern of the anti Beck demonstrators.

There were more anti-Beck demonstrators than those attending the function to honor him.

I think Glen Beck would agree it is not the governments job to protect him.

If some nut case hates Glen Beck as much as Glen Beck hates the government and decides to beat the crap out of him, that is Glen Beck's problem.

Come on Glen, if you are going to talk the talk you need to walk the walk. Glen should have made sure no government money was spent on his visit.

They sold tickets to the function honoring him. Only about half of the tickets sold. They did not make enough money to cover the costs of the function.

Don't invite Glen Beck over, it could be expensive.

The purpose of government is to provide a secure barrier through its authority between each citizen of this country and not much more.

With over 300 million citizens the government is suppose to provide a secure barrier between each one?

Glenn Beck was honored by his home town of Mount Vernon WA. It was the idea of the mayor but many did not agree.

The city government spent $17,000 in overtime because of concern of the anti Beck demonstrators.

There were more anti-Beck demonstrators than those attending the function to honor him.

I think Glen Beck would agree it is not the governments job to protect him.

If some nut case hates Glen Beck as much as Glen Beck hates the government and decides to beat the crap out of him, that is Glen Beck's problem.

Come on Glen, if you are going to talk the talk you need to walk the walk. Glen should have made sure no government money was spent on his visit.

They sold tickets to the function honoring him. Only about half of the tickets sold. They did not make enough money to cover the costs of the function.

Don't invite Glen Beck over, it could be expensive.

Link?

Cuz the coverage I saw showed thousands show up to listen to Beck and about 40 'protesters'. Admittedly, that was on Fox.

Do feel free to provide evidence of your crap. If nothing else, it will be entertaining.

I don't know how to link on this site
Google Glenn Beck Mount Vernon, Wa visit. A UPI article will pop up verifying what I said.

You will find the crap is coming from you. I find that entertaining and insightful as to who you are.

I too also agree with Libo and Meister...Beck clearly has made some enemies on the left because he exposes their hipocrisy. A local government providing for his security is nothing more than a local government covering their bases. Nothing wrong with it at all.

What do you think of Michael Moore? He is a partisan that overstaes the liberal position.

Glenn Beck is the same on the right.

The difference is Michael Moore believes what he says. Glenn Beck is motivated by money. He will say what will make him money.

What do you think of Michael Moore? He is a partisan that overstaes the liberal position.

The difference is Michael Moore believes what he says. Glenn Beck is motivated by money. He will say what will make him money.

That explosion I just heard - I assume that was your credibility getting blown apart.

Still waiting for that link, btw.

That explosion I just heard - I assume that was your credibility getting blown apart.

I admitted to you that I do not know how to link onto this site.

You apparently do not know how to use Google.

Either you tell me how to link or I will tell you how to use Google. Your choice.

I admitted to you that I do not know how to link onto this site.

You apparently do not know how to use Google.

Either you tell me how to link or I will tell you how to use Google. Your choice.

Sorry, Elmer, you made the claim, you back it up. You can google it, find a legitimate source (that is one without bias) and back up your crap or be dismissed by everyone here that has an IQ over 40. That means you get to keep the liberals on side.

Put up or shut up. Your choice.

What are you now C-gurl, 60?

If so that makes your age 20 points more than your IQ.

By the way, Elmer, I've got your back.........

Glenn Beck Gets Key to Hometown City
Fox Broadcaster Takes Playful Jab at His Critics
AP
posted: 28 DAYS 2 HOURS AGO

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. (Sept. 27) -- The mayor of Glenn Beck's hometown in Washington state presented the Fox News personality with a ceremonial key to the city Saturday evening, an event preceded by weeks of protests and petitions calling for the cancellation of the visit.
Beck received a boisterous, minute-long standing ovation after receiving the plaque-mounted key from Mount Vernon Mayor Bud Norris, who weeks earlier proclaimed Saturday "Glenn Beck Day" as a way to mark the conservative commentator's success as a nationally known broadcaster.

Beck spoke for about an hour, remembering his childhood in Mount Vernon, an agricultural city of 31,000 people 60 miles north of Seattle that he described as magical and connected to the values of small-town America. He cried as he reminisced about going to the local theater with his mother.
"Now, I would give my right arm to live in a town like Mount Vernon. And I discovered today that there are a ton of people ready to cut it off," he said, jokingly referring to protesters gathered nearby. "It doesn't bother me, because I have the key to their house now."
Demonstrators outside the city's McIntyre Hall numbered close to 800 — the largest protest anybody could remember in Mt. Vernon's history, Fire Department spokeswoman Erica Work said. The demonstrators appeared evenly split between those who supported Beck and those who opposed his visit.
Police arrested one man who they said ignored repeated warnings to get off the street. The man was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and booked into the Skagit County Jail, authorities said.
Beck, a vocal critic of President Barack Obama, has garnered a strong national following, taking aim at such standard conservative targets as illegal immigration and big government spending.
The event had been criticized by some who claim Beck is too polarizing a figure. In July, for example, he said Obama was a racist who has a "deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."
The City Council passed a resolution saying "Mount Vernon City Council is in no way sponsoring the mayor's event on Sept. 26, 2009, and is not connected to the Glenn Beck event in any manner."
Norris, a Republican, introduced Beck and emphasized that the honor was for his professional accomplishments, not his political views. He thanked police for providing the extra security.
"It's a pity we had to spend the kind of money we had to," he said. "But it's the price we pay for free speech."
Beck, 45, mostly stayed away from discussing politics. But he said he didn't remember politics being so divisive when he was growing up. The country could count on a bright future if people would stop tearing each other apart, he said.
Beck's roots in Washington are deep. His father ran a bakery in downtown Mount Vernon, and his mother drowned while boating in the Puget Sound when he was a teenager.
In high school, he moved to nearby Bellingham and attended Sehome High School. Throughout his days here, he seemed keen on making a living on radio and television, landing radio and television gigs early on and a DJ job out of high school.
Beck's fame has soared exponentially in recent years. He got a television show on CNN three years ago and later moved to Fox News, and his syndicated radio program now appears on more than 350 radio stations.
Beck warmed up for his return to Mount Vernon with an afternoon appearance at Seattle's Safeco Field, where he also drew crowds of loyal fans, as well as a few dozen protesters.
Beck received cheers for declaring that winning the war on terror was more important than health care reform. Then boos erupted as photos of Obama and Democratic Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire appeared on a large screen.

Glenn Beck Gets Key to Mount Vernon, Washington

And.......C-gurl, it's from a legit news site.

Forum List

Back