Anti-government Beck protected by the government

That explosion I just heard - I assume that was your credibility getting blown apart.

Still waiting for that link, btw.

I admitted to you that I do not know how to link onto this site.

You apparently do not know how to use Google.

Either you tell me how to link or I will tell you how to use Google. Your choice.

Sorry, Elmer, you made the claim, you back it up. You can google it, find a legitimate source (that is one without bias) and back up your crap or be dismissed by everyone here that has an IQ over 40. That means you get to keep the liberals on side.

Put up or shut up. Your choice.

Local News | Bill for Glenn Beck Day stuns Mount Vernon | Seattle Times Newspaper

You are not s stupid you could not google the article above. If I am wrong please let me know you are that stupid.

But like so many closed minded idiots on both sides of the political spectrum you do not want to hear facts that may not agree with your thinking. I use the word thinking very loosely when it comes to you.

I admitted to you that I do not know how to link onto this site.

You apparently do not know how to use Google.

Either you tell me how to link or I will tell you how to use Google. Your choice.

Sorry, Elmer, you made the claim, you back it up. You can google it, find a legitimate source (that is one without bias) and back up your crap or be dismissed by everyone here that has an IQ over 40. That means you get to keep the liberals on side.

Local News | Bill for Glenn Beck Day stuns Mount Vernon | Seattle Times Newspaper

You are not s stupid you could not google the article above. If I am wrong please let me know you are that stupid.

But like so many closed minded idiots on both sides of the political spectrum you do not want to hear facts that may not agree with your thinking. I use the word thinking very loosely when it comes to you.

Congraulations on learning how to link. And for linking to a legitmate source on one of the events. Problem, there were two events - one that is referred to in the article and another one at a local staduim which was shown on Fox. There were thousands of people at that event.

I would suggest you research properly before you make claims based on newspaper articles. Just a thought.

Congraulations on learning how to link. And for linking to a legitmate source on one of the events. Problem, there were two events - one that is referred to in the article and another one at a local staduim which was shown on Fox. There were thousands of people at that event.

I would suggest you research properly before you make claims based on newspaper articles. Just a thought.
Link please.

What are you talking about. Everything I stated was facts backed up by Mount Vernon city officials.

It had nothing to do with any other appearances he made where he had more people attend.
There were other protests and controversy before he arrived.

None of that had anything to do with my point that Mount Vernon had to spend money to protect Beck. That is contrary to Beck wanting to eliminate wasteful government spending.
Beck did not refuse the protection.

What are you now C-gurl, 60?

If so that makes your age 20 points more than your IQ.

By the way, Elmer, I've got your back.........

Glenn Beck Gets Key to Hometown City
Fox Broadcaster Takes Playful Jab at His Critics
AP
posted: 28 DAYS 2 HOURS AGO

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. (Sept. 27) -- The mayor of Glenn Beck's hometown in Washington state presented the Fox News personality with a ceremonial key to the city Saturday evening, an event preceded by weeks of protests and petitions calling for the cancellation of the visit.
Beck received a boisterous, minute-long standing ovation after receiving the plaque-mounted key from Mount Vernon Mayor Bud Norris, who weeks earlier proclaimed Saturday "Glenn Beck Day" as a way to mark the conservative commentator's success as a nationally known broadcaster.

Beck spoke for about an hour, remembering his childhood in Mount Vernon, an agricultural city of 31,000 people 60 miles north of Seattle that he described as magical and connected to the values of small-town America. He cried as he reminisced about going to the local theater with his mother.
"Now, I would give my right arm to live in a town like Mount Vernon. And I discovered today that there are a ton of people ready to cut it off," he said, jokingly referring to protesters gathered nearby. "It doesn't bother me, because I have the key to their house now."
Demonstrators outside the city's McIntyre Hall numbered close to 800 — the largest protest anybody could remember in Mt. Vernon's history, Fire Department spokeswoman Erica Work said. The demonstrators appeared evenly split between those who supported Beck and those who opposed his visit.
Police arrested one man who they said ignored repeated warnings to get off the street. The man was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and booked into the Skagit County Jail, authorities said.
Beck, a vocal critic of President Barack Obama, has garnered a strong national following, taking aim at such standard conservative targets as illegal immigration and big government spending.
The event had been criticized by some who claim Beck is too polarizing a figure. In July, for example, he said Obama was a racist who has a "deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."
The City Council passed a resolution saying "Mount Vernon City Council is in no way sponsoring the mayor's event on Sept. 26, 2009, and is not connected to the Glenn Beck event in any manner."
Norris, a Republican, introduced Beck and emphasized that the honor was for his professional accomplishments, not his political views. He thanked police for providing the extra security.
"It's a pity we had to spend the kind of money we had to," he said. "But it's the price we pay for free speech."
Beck, 45, mostly stayed away from discussing politics. But he said he didn't remember politics being so divisive when he was growing up. The country could count on a bright future if people would stop tearing each other apart, he said.
Beck's roots in Washington are deep. His father ran a bakery in downtown Mount Vernon, and his mother drowned while boating in the Puget Sound when he was a teenager.
In high school, he moved to nearby Bellingham and attended Sehome High School. Throughout his days here, he seemed keen on making a living on radio and television, landing radio and television gigs early on and a DJ job out of high school.
Beck's fame has soared exponentially in recent years. He got a television show on CNN three years ago and later moved to Fox News, and his syndicated radio program now appears on more than 350 radio stations.
Beck warmed up for his return to Mount Vernon with an afternoon appearance at Seattle's Safeco Field, where he also drew crowds of loyal fans, as well as a few dozen protesters.
Beck received cheers for declaring that winning the war on terror was more important than health care reform. Then boos erupted as photos of Obama and Democratic Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire appeared on a large screen.

Glenn Beck Gets Key to Mount Vernon, Washington

And.......C-gurl, it's from a legit news site.

Thank you.

local news | bill for glenn beck day stuns mount vernon | seattle times newspaper

you are not s stupid you could not google the article above. If i am wrong please let me know you are that stupid.

congraulations on learning how to link. And for linking to a legitmate source on one of the events. problem, there were two events - one that is referred to in the article and another one at a local staduim which was shown on fox. There were thousands of people at that event.

i would suggest you research properly before you make claims based on newspaper articles. Just a thought.
link please.

lol

Beck is big in Becks world, not to the rest of us. 99% of americans DO NOT WATCH BECK. He sucks and the rest of america knows this.

He has what, 3 million fans? If I am wrong, let me know

we have 300 million people in America.

do the math. He is not relevant to a lot of americans. Thank god.

Link please.

Don't be an ass, paper.... I know it's hard but do try. I have stated, ad infinitum, that I will not link to any biased media as a back up to anything I say. That is because they are not valid as evidence of anything.

The only one to show it was Glenn Beck - on his show. You are welcome to dismiss it. Your opinion doesn't matter to me.

Link please.

Don't be an ass, paper.... I know it's hard but do try. I have stated, ad infinitum, that I will not link to any biased media as a back up to anything I say. That is because they are not valid as evidence of anything.

The only one to show it was Glenn Beck - on his show. You are welcome to dismiss it. Your opinion doesn't matter to me.

Cal Girl you are totally illogical and a complete idiot. You make Sarah Palin look like she is a member of Mensa.

You are a very good example of people who follow Glenn Beck. You cannot have a logical discussion with someone who is illogical.

Thank goodness those with your mentality are a very small per centage of the total population as mentioned by Zona.

Beck is big in Becks world, not to the rest of us. 99% of americans DO NOT WATCH BECK. He sucks and the rest of america knows this.

Tell that to Media Bistro dumb ass....they have Beck destroying anyone put up against him in his timeslot!!!

You're not to bright .... are you?

And yet more people watch Becks show than Olberman's. In fact Beck has a bigger audience than anyone on CNN, or MSNBC. Then again the 3 AM infomercial probably have a bigger audience Share than Olberddumb.

Link please.

i found a pic of 2 million beck supporters!

c3bd0a62-6f29-9340-8044-dba23b5042da-ontv_fb_BHM_MillionManMarch.jpg

Tell that to Media Bistro dumb ass....they have Beck destroying anyone put up against him in his timeslot!!!

ok, dumb it down for me...

Becks numbers......whatever they are divided by 300 million. What is the percentage? Less than 1% of america?

Seriously, do the math. In the big picture with all his "ratings" ...what does it mean to the rest of america? Like I said, beck is big in becks world.

Can you dispute anything I said?

And yet more people watch Becks show than Olberman's. In fact Beck has a bigger audience than anyone on CNN, or MSNBC. Then again the 3 AM infomercial probably have a bigger audience Share than Olberddumb.

99% of america does not watch beck. Do the math please. Dispute this!

Who is the dumb ass here. You think ratings make Glenn Beck correct?

Howard Stern had the highest ratings in his time slot, as did Jerry Springer, as did American Idol, as did the Simpsons. Ratings do not make anyones politics correct.

I apologize to Homer Simpson to mention him in the same sentence as Glenn Beck. Homer Simpson is more of a man and an intellect than Glenn Beck

Link please.

Cal Girl you are totally illogical and a complete idiot. You make Sarah Palin look like she is a member of Mensa.

You are a very good example of people who follow Glenn Beck. You cannot have a logical discussion with someone who is illogical.

Thank goodness those with your mentality are a very small per centage of the total population as mentioned by Zona.

It I am a typical Beck viewer, then I'd say you should be worried.... because I'm actually quite intelligent. Unlike Palin, I am a member of MENSA. Ooops! LOL.

I'm not surprised that you scrabble around for ways to dismiss me. The reason you don't like debating with me is that I kick your ass.

I'm consistent in what I say. I do not view links to media as evidence of jackshit. Obviously, none of the media covered Becks visit to Mount Vernon - it was news locally and for Glenn Beck. The local media focused on the cost of policing etc so they aren't gonna talk about attendance figures and Beck clearly has an agenda of his own so neither is a legitimate, factual link to provide information.

That doesn't mean I'm wrong, it means I don't have a LEGITMATE source for information. Therefore, you are welcome to dismiss it, I don't care. BUT.... the clip exists and clearly shows about 50 protestors and thousands showing up to hear Beck.

What I find most interesting is why the left are so concerned about one guy. Must you seek to silence all dissent?

Update: I found a youtube from another news station. Now, take a look at the protestors - and the crowds listening to Beck and tell me that it was 800 protestors, and that there were more protesters than attendees.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WUbrG9kKPU&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
Glenn Blech is nuts.

Oddly enough, he has no balls.

Geeze, I think that's what I heard Glenn say about you, ABS. :lol:

I guess that makes me more famous than you eh?

At least someone recognizable knows MY name!

How could he not know you?

AConstructionworkerCop and ACowboyIndian miss you at the YMCA, Macho Man. :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw&feature=PlayList&p=EE5D089F47162132&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=9[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back