Another tariff failure

Good gawd , Trump started this war because Americans where not making a living wage and now you are pissed
I`m not pissed but I`m not an out of work lumberman or lobster fisherman applying for unemployment benefits. Who told you I was pissed? I`m retired and life is good.

Good gawd , Trump started this war because Americans where not making a living wage and now you are pissed
I`m not pissed but I`m not an out of work lumberman or lobster fisherman applying for unemployment benefits. Who told you I was pissed? I`m retired and life is good.
And when millions lost their careers during GW you didn’t give a shit.

Huh? Show me something I posted indicating such.

Huh? Show me something I posted indicating such.
It’s called “inference”.

Bill already destroyed the clothing and shoe industry, would you like to try again?

I just left Walmart, where I bought a HP 952 XL set of 4 color ink cartridges for $100.67, made in China. Thank you, Donny Trump.

So your bragging you bought sweat shop labor at Walmart?

If you want ink for your printer, dear, it is going to be made in either one of the following countries: China, Singapore, Ireland or the Czech Republic.You are given no other choice in the matter, nor are you even allowed to open the package to determine which of those countries produced those ink cartridges that your need for your particular printer. Try your guilt trip on someone who cares.

Ummmm, the country of manufacture is printed on the box. Quite easy to see where they were made.
Does that require label reading?
I'm starting to think this board is filled with Chinese spybots.....
The Chinese fill the pockets of the Left and in return, they take China's side on every issue.

Sorry that China has mistreated you so badly. They have had absolutely no negative impact on my life, whatsoever, so I must beg off of marching off to Trump's war with them.
We aren't a war with them, that's mindless hyperbole. They can either quit stealing from us or they can pay a fee to the US treasury in order to access our consumer markets. They have chosen to pay the fee, but, Trump's still helping them find their price point.

China is not paying anything. American citizens are paying Trump's "fee".
Gee, then how come China wants the tariffs lifted?

...and you may have noticed that China is totally unimpressed with Trump's tariffs for the last 2 years, and are establishing long term trading relationships with countries like Brazil, for things they used to buy from us.

I just left Walmart, where I bought a HP 952 XL set of 4 color ink cartridges for $100.67, made in China. Thank you, Donny Trump.

If you want ink for your printer, dear, it is going to be made in either one of the following countries: China, Singapore, Ireland or the Czech Republic.You are given no other choice in the matter, nor are you even allowed to open the package to determine which of those countries produced those ink cartridges that your need for your particular printer. Try your guilt trip on someone who cares.

Ummmm, the country of manufacture is printed on the box. Quite easy to see where they were made.
The Chinese fill the pockets of the Left and in return, they take China's side on every issue.

Sorry that China has mistreated you so badly. They have had absolutely no negative impact on my life, whatsoever, so I must beg off of marching off to Trump's war with them.
We aren't a war with them, that's mindless hyperbole. They can either quit stealing from us or they can pay a fee to the US treasury in order to access our consumer markets. They have chosen to pay the fee, but, Trump's still helping them find their price point.

...and you may have noticed that China is totally unimpressed with Trump's tariffs for the last 2 years, and are establishing long term trading relationships with countries like Brazil, for things they used to buy from us.
Impressed or not, those that export to us, are paying the tariffs. That nice spike to the right is all Trump's work.

fredgraph.png

Impressed or not, those that export to us, are paying the tariffs. That nice spike to the right is all Trump's work.

fredgraph.png

Anyone who does not understand that American consumers pay Trump's tariffs has already drunk the Kool-Aid, and is, frankly, already a lost cause.

fredgraph.png

Anyone who does not understand that American consumers pay Trump's tariffs has already drunk the Kool-Aid, and is, frankly, already a lost cause.

And you, who keep making this claim, can't point to ANY prices that have been increased.

fredgraph.png

I know that was the expectation of some, but the data is in and this claim has been proven false. Inflation increases not only didn't spike after Trump's imposition of tariffs in the middle of last year, but instead they dampened:

fredgraph.png

Nothing wrong with having views and making predictions, but once the data is in, you have to go with the data.

fredgraph.png

I know that was the expectation of some, but the data is in and this claim has been proven false. Inflation increases not only didn't spike after Trump's imposition of tariffs in the middle of last year, but instead they dampened:

fredgraph.png

Nothing wrong with having views and making predictions, but once the data is in, you have to go with the data.

The fact that I bought one set of 4 ink cartridges that was manufactured in China by HP for my printer cost me $101 yesterday, while the same set of 4 cost me $69 last year does not shake your faith in fake statistics at all does it? You know if you think that Chinese manufacturers are paying 15% tariffs, and not passing it on to the public, that means that they had to have had a 20% profit margin. Let me give you a clue. Nobody in the manufacturing industry has a 20% profit margin.

Last edited:

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

The fact that I bought one set of 4 ink cartridges that was manufactured in China by HP for my printer cost me $101 yesterday, while the same set of 4 cost me $69 last year does not shake your faith in fake statistics at all does it?

Depends on if we can believe you or not. What type of printer do you have. Exact make and model please.

fredgraph.png

It's not a tax , you have a choice not to pay.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

The fact that I bought one set of 4 ink cartridges that was manufactured in China by HP for my printer cost me $101 yesterday, while the same set of 4 cost me $69 last year does not shake your faith in fake statistics at all does it? You know if you think that Chinese manufacturers are paying 15% tariffs, and not passing it on to the public, that means that they had to have had a 20% profit margin. Let me give you a clue. Nobody in the manufacturing industry has a 20% profit margin.

Give us receipts

fredgraph.png

Let me know where I can buy an American made TV.

fredgraph.png

Walmart, made south Carolina, and why do you need a television set?

Be specific please, why do you need television?

fredgraph.png

Right. so how many TV's does Walmart in South Carolina produce per year, and why have I never seen that brand of TV? BTW, if you buy a Ford, chances are that the transmission was built in Mexico.

fredgraph.png

Right. so how many TV's does Walmart in South Carolina produce per year, and why have I never seen that brand of TV? BTW, if you buy a Ford, chances are that the transmission was built in Mexico.

Dont dance, why do you need a television?

For what?

fredgraph.png

Still waiting for you to tell me make and model of your printer.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

China has a choice between paying the higher tariffs or a verifiable agreement to quit stealing from us, one of their best customers. So far, they are choosing to pay the tariffs.

Forum List

Back