Another tariff failure

Bill already destroyed the clothing and shoe industry, would you like to try again?

I just left Walmart, where I bought a HP 952 XL set of 4 color ink cartridges for $100.67, made in China. Thank you, Donny Trump.

So your bragging you bought sweat shop labor at Walmart?

If you want ink for your printer, dear, it is going to be made in either one of the following countries: China, Singapore, Ireland or the Czech Republic.You are given no other choice in the matter, nor are you even allowed to open the package to determine which of those countries produced those ink cartridges that your need for your particular printer. Try your guilt trip on someone who cares.

What guilt trip? Just pointing out you support sweat shop labor and don't want to pay for higher labor cost.

Kind of scummy dont you think?

Right. Me, and all 250 million Walmart shoppers, as well as 1 in every 7 Americans who are on food stamps are all scum.

Yea we know you want a $90 dollar minimum wage so you can go out and buy sweat shop labor goods made in China.

I just left Walmart, where I bought a HP 952 XL set of 4 color ink cartridges for $100.67, made in China. Thank you, Donny Trump.

If you want ink for your printer, dear, it is going to be made in either one of the following countries: China, Singapore, Ireland or the Czech Republic.You are given no other choice in the matter, nor are you even allowed to open the package to determine which of those countries produced those ink cartridges that your need for your particular printer. Try your guilt trip on someone who cares.

What guilt trip? Just pointing out you support sweat shop labor and don't want to pay for higher labor cost.

Right. Me, and all 250 million Walmart shoppers, as well as 1 in every 7 Americans who are on food stamps are all scum.

Yea we know you want a $90 dollar minimum wage so you can go out and buy sweat shop labor goods made in China.

Not worthy of the dignity of a serious response.

I'm starting to think this board is filled with Chinese spybots.....
The Chinese fill the pockets of the Left and in return, they take China's side on every issue.

Sorry that China has mistreated you so badly. They have had absolutely no negative impact on my life, whatsoever, so I must beg off of marching off to Trump's war with them.
We aren't a war with them, that's mindless hyperbole. They can either quit stealing from us or they can pay a fee to the US treasury in order to access our consumer markets. They have chosen to pay the fee, but, Trump's still helping them find their price point.

Trump has not yet decided which American industry to destroy after agriculture. He has his eye on putting American dealers of European cars out of business, but he wants to slap tariffs on wine, motorcycles, and many other thriving industries. GM says that they have already raised their cost by a billion dollars per year. Maybe he should go after shoes and clothing next. So many industries to disrupt and destroy; so little time.

Bill already destroyed the clothing and shoe industry, would you like to try again?

Ummmm, the country of manufacture is printed on the box. Quite easy to see where they were made.

Of course not, you could care less if 50 Chinese men die every day , just as long as you can get cheap bottled water to give to your Mexican friends.

And get votes in return

The Chinese fill the pockets of the Left and in return, they take China's side on every issue.

Sorry that China has mistreated you so badly. They have had absolutely no negative impact on my life, whatsoever, so I must beg off of marching off to Trump's war with them.
We aren't a war with them, that's mindless hyperbole. They can either quit stealing from us or they can pay a fee to the US treasury in order to access our consumer markets. They have chosen to pay the fee, but, Trump's still helping them find their price point.

China is not paying anything. American citizens are paying Trump's "fee".

Of course not, you could care less if 50 Chinese men die every day , just as long as you can get cheap bottled water to give to your Mexican friends.

And get votes in return

:CryingCow:

Trump has not yet decided which American industry to destroy after agriculture. He has his eye on putting American dealers of European cars out of business, but he wants to slap tariffs on wine, motorcycles, and many other thriving industries. GM says that they have already raised their cost by a billion dollars per year. Maybe he should go after shoes and clothing next. So many industries to disrupt and destroy; so little time.

Ummmm, the country of manufacture is printed on the box. Quite easy to see where they were made.
Does that require label reading?

China is not paying anything. American citizens are paying Trump's "fee".
Gee, then how come China wants the tariffs lifted?

Rural Pa. supported trump heavily in 2016 and now the hardwood sales to China are down 43%. There is no free money for them like the corn and soybean farmers are getting and they can`t switch to another crop.
What Trump has done for the Maine lobster industry he`s done for the Pa. timber industry.

Pennsylvania Republicans: Tariffs bringing 'incredible challenges' for hardwood lumber companies

If tariffs don’t work, then why is China using them?
Tariffs aren`t working for Pa.`s timber industry or the Maine lobster industry or the soybean farmers or the corn growers. Did you read the link?

Hardwood lumber is rare and expensive. That word can easily be sold to almost any solid wood manufacturing company.
Why are they selling 43% less hardwoods than they were before the tariffs? I`m sure they know more about selling hardwood than you or me.

Good gawd , Trump started this war because Americans where not making a living wage and now you are pissed

Rural Pa. supported trump heavily in 2016 and now the hardwood sales to China are down 43%. There is no free money for them like the corn and soybean farmers are getting and they can`t switch to another crop.
What Trump has done for the Maine lobster industry he`s done for the Pa. timber industry.

Pennsylvania Republicans: Tariffs bringing 'incredible challenges' for hardwood lumber companies

Tariffs aren`t working for Pa.`s timber industry or the Maine lobster industry or the soybean farmers or the corn growers. Did you read the link?
Tell your Chinese handlers. After all it’s the Chinese paying the tariff, right?

As I stated before, no American should be depending on communists to make a living.

They are checking on your every click.......
Well...what should I think when people here are defending China's unfair trade practices....and intellectual property theft....

Who here has defended any of China's unfair trade policies?

Pointing out that the Trade War is hurting Americans is not defending China.

How is it hurting Americans? Buy local

How is it hurting Americans?
American farmers are losing billions of dollars in sales to China.
Along with other American companies that export- Boeing, John Deere, the American auto companies.

Here is a real story- first hand. There is a certain part made in China and in the United States. The American part is 40% more expensive than the Chinese part, and is not quite as good.

Why would any company choose to buy the more expensive part rather than the less expensive part? So what happens is the American manufacturer pays 25% in taxes on the Chinese part- which is just additional tax revenue for the U.S.- doesn't help American industry at all.
So Trump has you against more taxes now. Didn't you hate his tax cuts? You really don't know who you are, do you?

Tell your Chinese handlers. After all it’s the Chinese paying the tariff, right?

As I stated before, no American should be depending on communists to make a living.
The Chinese are not paying the tariff because they are not buying the timber dumbass. Do you enjoy seeing people put out of work?

The Chinese are not paying the tariff because they are not buying the timber dumbass. Do you enjoy seeing people put out of work?
All a sudden liberals are for farmers and the timber industry. Wow, Trump is a miracle maker. Next California will let the timber industry back.

All a sudden liberals are for farmers and the timber industry. Wow, Trump is a miracle maker. Next California will let the timber industry back.
My wife was raised on a farm knucklehead and the timber industry never left California. Liberals have no problem with responsible timber harvesting. Cutting down 800 year old trees to send to Japan for making chopsticks isn`t responsible timber harvesting.

You answered neither question:

• If tariffs don’t work, then why is China adding them to their imports?
  • If tariffs don't work, why is China seeking to remove them from their exports?
When our consumers are not competing against Chinese buyers what happens to the consumer prices WE pay?

So tariffs do work. Thanks for finally admitting it.

Forum List

Back