Another Study Finds Same-Sex Parents Aren't The Best For Kids

So is the Manson family.
A First Mother’s Day for Soon-to-Be Foster Moms in Alabama | Human Rights Campaign

View attachment 126605

Post submitted by Eva Kendrick

After six years together, my wife, Kathryn, and I, are preparing to take on the role of our lifetimes: parents.

We now have a nursery instead of a guest room and have baby-proofed every corner of our house. We’ve collected children’s clothes, books, and toys, and have read parenting blog after parenting blog.

However, unlike many of our other friends becoming parents in the next few months, we’ve also completed a criminal background check, multiple home studies, a 10-week class on trauma-informed parenting, and mountains of paperwork.

That’s because we’re becoming foster parents to infants and toddlers in Jefferson County, Alabama, where more than 1,200 children are in a foster care system with only 250 licensed foster homes.
So is the Manson family.
According to the Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR) and the State Policy Advocacy & Reform Center (SPARC):

• More than 5,500 children in Alabama’s foster and adoption system because of violence, neglect, and abuse.
  • More than 1,000 children actively awaiting placement with foster or adoptive families.
  • The average child’s wait for a permanent home is 3.6 years.
  • Almost 400 children aged out of Alabama’s foster care system with no families in 2012.

So is the Manson family.
A First Mother’s Day for Soon-to-Be Foster Moms in Alabama | Human Rights Campaign

View attachment 126605

Post submitted by Eva Kendrick

After six years together, my wife, Kathryn, and I, are preparing to take on the role of our lifetimes: parents.

We now have a nursery instead of a guest room and have baby-proofed every corner of our house. We’ve collected children’s clothes, books, and toys, and have read parenting blog after parenting blog.

However, unlike many of our other friends becoming parents in the next few months, we’ve also completed a criminal background check, multiple home studies, a 10-week class on trauma-informed parenting, and mountains of paperwork.

That’s because we’re becoming foster parents to infants and toddlers in Jefferson County, Alabama, where more than 1,200 children are in a foster care system with only 250 licensed foster homes.
So is the Manson family.
According to the Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR) and the State Policy Advocacy & Reform Center (SPARC):

• More than 5,500 children in Alabama’s foster and adoption system because of violence, neglect, and abuse.
  • More than 1,000 children actively awaiting placement with foster or adoptive families.
  • The average child’s wait for a permanent home is 3.6 years.
  • Almost 400 children aged out of Alabama’s foster care system with no families in 2012.

Homosexuality must not be tolerated, especially when it comes to same sex parenting. You see, I'm a southern Baptist Christian conservative and I cherish God and the Bible. I'm a man of moral values. I believe in traditional marriage between a man and a woman, just like the founders believed. Children MUST be raised in that type of environment. They MUST NOT be raised by homosexuals. As a man of the faith, if you see any same sex parents with a child, do what I would do, call Social Services on them and report them for child abuse . As long as you saw them hitting, verbally, or especially sexually abusing the child, they'll have to make a report. Once you get them in the system, then hopefully you can call and report them again because the abuse never stops. You see, once they have enough calls against them, child welfare and a judge will then step in and hopefully with God's will, take the child away from them. I've done this in coordination with a few of my fellow church members several times and been successful. And look, always remember, you're doing it for the love of the child and God. You're doing it for the protection of the child. And lastly, you're doing it to battle Satan's homosexual disciples and their way of life.

Another Study Finds Same-Sex Parents Aren't Best For Kids
Cat got your tongue McGarrett? Seems like you once again got run off of your own thread since my last post. Anyway, I just thought of one more reason why your OP is as stupid as stupid gets. Aside from the fact that the premise is demonstrably bull shit, think of this. Lets say for a moment that it were true that the outcomes for children of same sex couple were quantifiably inferior to that of opposite sex couples. The outcomes for poor or under educated straight couples may well be be inferior in some ways also. The outcomes for many other groups might be inferior to whatever the perfect situation is - the gold standard for parents. For your reason to bar same sex couples from adopting, or discouraging them from having children to even give the appearance of honesty, you would also have to also advocate those same policies for others who are not in the "ideal " situation. Are you prepared to do that ? Be honest if your able.

Forum List

Back