Another set of lies by Obama

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Obama wants honest health care debate - Yahoo! News

I just love when the president lies through his teeth cause he thinks we are to stupid to know it.

Remind us again Mr. President how you agreed with the Democrats in Congress on a "tax"/ Fine for anyone that does not get Health Insurance. Remind us again how you would force parents to have health insurance at YOUR levels and covering what YOU think is needed. Remind us again how the Government can run medicare so well it is going broke, but will somehow run health care for everyone better, cheaper and within a none growning budget that sucks the life out of this country.

Lies indeed.

I just love when the president lies through his teeth cause he thinks we are to stupid to know it.

Remind us again Mr. President how you agreed with the Democrats in Congress on a "tax"/ Fine for anyone that does not get Health Insurance. Remind us again how you would force parents to have health insurance at YOUR levels and covering what YOU think is needed. Remind us again how the Government can run medicare so well it is going broke, but will somehow run health care for everyone better, cheaper and within a none growning budget that sucks the life out of this country.

Lies indeed.

So stop giving him reasons to think you are stupid.

Couple of things that caught my attention:

Obama said the overhaul would not cover illegal immigrants nor use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and he does not intend a government takeover of health care — as critics have claimed at contentious town hall-style meetings with members of Congress.

He doesn't "intend" for it to happen, but he doesn't say that it won't happen like he did for covering illegal aliens or paying for abortions.

"We all know that when the government is setting the rules and is backed by tax dollars, it will destroy, not compete with, the private sector," said [Rep. Tom] Price [R-GA], a doctor. "The reality is, whether or not you get to keep your plan, or your doctor, is very much in question under the president's proposal."

Liberals don't believe that... the more government control the happier they are.

Immie

Lies indeed.

So stop giving him reasons to think you are stupid.

Normally I abhor the spelling police being a typo queen myself, but in this case it's a bit ironic, no?

Normally I abhor the spelling police being a typo queen myself, but in this case it's a bit ironic, no?

I completely understand your point....but in this instance, I just couldn't help myself because of the poster's own words.

Remind us again Mr. President how you agreed with the Democrats in Congress on a "tax"/ Fine for anyone that does not get Health Insurance. Remind us again how you would force parents to have health insurance at YOUR levels and covering what YOU think is needed.

I know he said he coverage for children should be mandatory and automatic, but he spoke against fines for the uninsured during the debates (Clinton was the one who supported the possibility of penalties at that time). When did he say the opposite?

Lies indeed.

Obama said the overhaul would not cover illegal immigrants nor use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and he does not intend a government takeover of health care — as critics have claimed at contentious town hall-style meetings with members of Congress.
He doesn't "intend" for it to happen, but he doesn't say that it won't happen like he did for covering illegal aliens or paying for abortions.

"We all know that when the government is setting the rules and is backed by tax dollars, it will destroy, not compete with, the private sector," said [Rep. Tom] Price [R-GA], a doctor. "The reality is, whether or not you get to keep your plan, or your doctor, is very much in question under the president's proposal."
Liberals don't believe that... the more government control the happier they are.

Immie

I always love when CON$ argue both sides of an issue.

First they argue the public option will be more expensive because the gov does everything more expensive than the private sector.

But then they argue the public option will be so inexpensive the private sector insurance will disappear because it will not be able to compete because the gov does not have to make a profit.

So we have the CON$ arguing that gov run health care will be both cheaper and more expensive at the same time. :cuckoo:

Lies indeed.

Immie

First they argue the public option will be more expensive because the gov does everything more expensive than the private sector.

But then they argue the public option will be so inexpensive the private sector insurance will disappear because it will not be able to compete because the gov does not have to make a profit.

So we have the CON$ arguing that gov run health care will be both cheaper and more expensive at the same time. :cuckoo:

Ed, my friend, I think you blew that one.

First RGS was stating that liberals tell us that the government can run everything so well, but then he pointed out that they run Medicare so well that they have driven it to bankruptcy. He never said they ran it cheaper than private industry. In fact, he was stating quite the opposite. He stated that you guys are making the claim it would be run cheaper.

And Rep Price didn't say anything at all about it being run cheaper or more expensive. He was talking about government control putting the private sector out of business.

Could you read that again and maybe tell me if you see something different?

Immie

You misunderstand the argument. They won't make their version cheaper they will through regulation make the private sector even more expensive while subsidizing the hell out of their version with tax payer dollars. Hell they've already done it. Though tort lawyers and state insurance commissions your health insurance covers things that only 1 person in 1,000 wil ever need.

Lies indeed.

Immie

Ed, my friend, I think you blew that one.

First RGS was stating that liberals tell us that the government can run everything so well, but then he pointed out that they run Medicare so well that they have driven it to bankruptcy. He never said they ran it cheaper than private industry. In fact, he was stating quite the opposite. He stated that you guys are making the claim it would be run cheaper.

And Rep Price didn't say anything at all about it being run cheaper or more expensive. He was talking about government control putting the private sector out of business.

Could you read that again and maybe tell me if you see something different?

Immie

Well that was exactly the point I was making, RGS was saying it would be more expensive if the gov ran it.

And while Price didn't say it outright in that quote, the logic always given by the GOP for the public option forcing private insurance to go out of business was that the gov does NOT have to make a profit so they can always undercut the private sector which does, for the same provisions.

So RGS was my example of the gov option being MORE expensive, and Price was my example of the gov option being LESS expensive.

Tomorrow is another day and another opportunity for Obama to tell us some new lies. Wonder when he's going to get labeled the 'BIG LIAR' like they labeled Bush? Don't they believe that liberal asshole Presidents lie too?

You misunderstand the argument. They won't make their version cheaper they will through regulation make the private sector even more expensive while subsidizing the hell out of their version with tax payer dollars. Hell they've already done it. Though tort lawyers and state insurance commissions your health insurance covers things that only 1 person in 1,000 wil ever need.

So you are still arguing that the gov insurance will be less expensive, just for different reasons, which contradicts the CON$ervative argument that the gov does EVERYTHING more expensive than the private sector.

So you are still arguing that the gov insurance will be less expensive, just for different reasons, which contradicts the CON$ervative argument that the gov does EVERYTHING more expensive than the private sector.

Heard on the news that the deficit is going to be two trillion dollars more than our intelligent Democratic leadership thought. If you think the American people are going to stand for Obama tacking on another trillion and a half dollars on top of this you need your head examined. The Public Option for Health Care is dying in ICU right this very moment. They will pull the plug very soon on it. Listen up for all the Sunday morning talking heads on the tv news shows to mention this. I think it's funny. Half of the Democraps won't vote for health care reform unless the public option is in it and the other half won't vote for it because it is in it. Neither half of the Democraps have mentioned yet that it is something that the country can't afford yet. Wait until after tomorrow and see all the silly spin they put on this stupid idea of an issue. I'm glad the country is nearly broke. Maybe the Democraps will stop trying to spend money like it's going out of style now.:lol::lol::lol:

Heard on the news that the deficit is going to be two trillion dollars more than our intelligent Democratic leadership thought. If you think the American people are going to stand for Obama tacking on another trillion and a half dollars on top of this you need your head examined. The Public Option for Health Care is dying in ICU right this very moment. They will pull the plug very soon on it. Listen up for all the Sunday morning talking heads on the tv news shows to mention this. I think it's funny. Half of the Democraps won't vote for health care reform unless the public option is in it and the other half won't vote for it because it is in it. Neither half of the Democraps have mentioned yet that it is something that the country can't afford yet. Wait until after tomorrow and see all the silly spin they put on this stupid idea of an issue. I'm glad the country is nearly broke. Maybe the Democraps will stop trying to spend money like it's going out of style now.:lol::lol::lol:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yeah I think it's up to $9 Trillion now?

:lol:

But this is better of course. :lol:

Yeah I think it's up to $9 Trillion now?

:lol:

But this is better of course. :lol:
5652.strip.gif

You are so idiotic it boggles the mind. The Government will not be cheaper and no one has said that you dumb fuck. The Government will drive private insurance out by two methods, one is to start forcing the Private insurance groups to raise prices because of government requirements that cost more for the insurance Companies to pay. The second way will be to cover things that the private insurers can not cover with out also raising prices. The Government will initially offer these at a set price but as they force the private groups out of business the price will go up and taxes will go up.

Medicare is the PERFECT example. it is GOVERNMENT run Health care and it is BROKE. The taxes they collect can not cover the costs of the program. And EVERY YEAR the costs go UP. They do not stay level and they do not go down EVER. In fact people on medicare are ADVISED to BUY supplemental insurance to cover the extra costs that Medicare can't or won't cover. And we ALL pay into medicare. It is part of your yearly tax burden.

Go ahead dip stick, explain how, if the Government can not run health care for one segment of the population how they are suddenly going to be able to do it better for ALL.

Forum List

Back