Another School District Encouraging Their Teachers Not to Reveal Gender Identity to Parents

Schools should not be involved in gender identity of any kind other than teaching manners that can vary between the genders and protecting the girls from voyeur boys by designating separate restrooms for each gender. If the parents present their transgender child and insist the school recognize it as whatever gender, maybe a small unisex restroom can be designated for those.

If a student's gender identity is creating a problem for the student or the school, certainly the teacher should be able to advise the parents of that. Otherwise ignore the whole thing and teach basic necessary subjects the kids need to be educated and leave all government entities out of social engineering of any kind.

I'm getting really sick and tired of all of society being required to accommodate and change their behavior, language, policy to adapt to accommodate a tiny fraction. Certainly require all to be kind and considerate to everybody, but why shouldn't a tiny fraction be required to adapt to fit in with the whole?

The "self-esteem" movement of the 80s led to us over-coddling our children in the 90s. Which led to those children becoming anxious, yet narcissistic adults. Those adults are now in the classroom and believe the classroom, like everything, should be all about them. So if "their" thing is gender identity, then everyone's must be. Even their students.

It's sad but we must own our part in it.

The "self-esteem" movement of the 80s led to us over-coddling our children in the 90s. Which led to those children becoming anxious, yet narcissistic adults. Those adults are now in the classroom and believe the classroom, like everything, should be all about them. So if "their" thing is gender identity, then everyone's must be. Even their students.

It's sad but we must own our part in it.
I don't own it. I was substitute teaching and serving on a school board in the 1980's. Our focus was on preparing kids for college and/or being confident, responsible adults prepared to earn a living with good educations and knowing what ethics and integrity is all about. In my opinion, that produces a sense of accomplishment, self worth and positive self esteem.

I can't remember EVER that gender identity was ever an issue for anybody and there was no question that genders were separated in the restrooms and locker rooms.

Why should schools get involved in this? They don't narc on who students are dating, what they're wearing etc.
Leave schools out of it. If Timmy wants to wear dress and go by Tee thats up to Timmy. They don't report when Maria wears pants. If the parents don't know then thats on them.

Alternatively, they shouldn't be actively hiding it either. If they are afraid there's a threat to the student they should be reporting the parents for abuse following normal procedures.

I just don't see why schools are being dragged into it either way.
Any WOKE shit is a threat to Children.

I don't own it. I was substitute teaching and serving on a school board in the 1980's. Our focus was on preparing kids for college and/or being confident, responsible adults prepared to earn a living with good educations and knowing what ethics and integrity is all about. In my opinion, that produces a sense of accomplishment, self worth and positive self esteem.

I can't remember EVER that gender identity was ever an issue for anybody and there was no question that genders were separated in the restrooms and locker rooms.

That "we" is the royal we, as in society.

Forum List

Back