Another Responsible 'good Guy' With A Gun Apologizes For Being Irresponsible

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Another Responsible 'Good Guy' With a Gun Apologizes For Being Irresponsible

Good Guy With Gun Tries To Kill Neighbor’s Barking Dog...
Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

According to the dog’s owner, Loyce Andrews, their neighbor, 55-year-old David William Latham, didn’t say a single word before walking up to the house with his rifle. The dog went up to Latham because it didn’t recognize the man, and the man shot it once in the chest. Then he turned around and walked back to his house.

The Bellingham Herald reports that Andrew’s husband, Cary Chunyk, confronted Latham shouting, “You just shot my dog!” Latham then turned and allegedly pointed the rifle at Chunyk before going inside his home.

<snip>

I feel safe knowing that guy is armed.

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

According to the dog’s owner, Loyce Andrews, their neighbor, 55-year-old David William Latham, didn’t say a single word before walking up to the house with his rifle. The dog went up to Latham because it didn’t recognize the man, and the man shot it once in the chest. Then he turned around and walked back to his house.

The Bellingham Herald reports that Andrew’s husband, Cary Chunyk, confronted Latham shouting, “You just shot my dog!” Latham then turned and allegedly pointed the rifle at Chunyk before going inside his home.

<snip>

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>

Not anymore. They took the piece of shit's guns. The poetic thing about this is he didn't even shoot the right dog.

Poor family.

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>

Not anymore. They took the piece of shit's guns. The poetic thing about this is he didn't even shoot the right dog.

Poor family.
He shot the dog on the left?

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>

Poor family.
He shot the dog on the left?

Yep. The article doesn't mention whether the poor guy suffers from dyslexia :dunno:

Meanwhile, the dog named Molly fought for her life for over 30 minutes before finally succumbing to the injury.

“I held her the whole time she was dying; she was on the grass. She was screaming and panting,” Andrews told KIRO. “It’s a horrible, horrible way to do die. You don’t do that. I don’t care whose dog it is, you don’t do that,” Andrews said. “It’s senseless, it’s ridiculous, it’s incomprehensible.”

Now imagine that was your child or other loved one.

WHY do we think that every yahoo should have a gun?

Latham was charged with animal cruelty, reckless endangerment and brandishing a firearm. According to KIRO, the judge seemed to come to Latham’s defense by pointing out that Latham “doesn’t have a violent criminal history” — as if shooting a dog to death in front of its family were excusable because it hasn’t happened before.
Making this case a bit more tragic (but only just slightly) is the fact that Latham apparently shot the wrong dog. According to Latham’s own confession, he admitted that the dog he shot was probably not the one that had been annoying him for hours with its barking. After he had killed Molly, the offending dog could still be heard barking somewhere in the neighborhood.

According to The Bellingham Herald:

Other neighbors heard a large dog barking and whining wildly, at a home next door to where Molly had been shot, for two more hours after the shooting.

“He said to the cops, ‘Oh my God, I shot the wrong dog,’” Andrews said. “As if there’s a right dog.”

Latham was released until his next court date in late October and was ordered to surrender his guns. All seven of them, including the .22-caliber rifle he used to kill his neighbor’s family pet.

At least this one has been disarmed. For now, anyway. Bet he'll have another gun soon because these idiots actually believe they have that right.

16617_10151205510904296_1916430268_n_zpsbf2635f1.jpg

It doesn't apply to your neighbor's dog either.

:ahole-1:

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>
Fuck you. This is no good guy, this is an evil bastard and I totally resent you trying to connect this piece of shit to other gun owners.
Asshole.

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>
Fuck you. This is no good guy, this is an evil bastard and I totally resent you trying to connect this piece of shit to other gun owners.
Asshole.

So now you're suddenly in favor of limiting gun ownership?

And just how would you accomplish that?

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>
Asshole.

Why not ?? he is no different than I guy getting a DWI he looses his privilege to drive same a the shooiter. Its not cherry picking as I am sure you would mention that,so spare yourself. The cops came got his guns done deal,if he can get them back legally then so be it.

Meanwhile, the dog named Molly fought for her life for over 30 minutes before finally succumbing to the injury.

“I held her the whole time she was dying; she was on the grass. She was screaming and panting,” Andrews told KIRO. “It’s a horrible, horrible way to do die. You don’t do that. I don’t care whose dog it is, you don’t do that,” Andrews said. “It’s senseless, it’s ridiculous, it’s incomprehensible.”

Latham was charged with animal cruelty, reckless endangerment and brandishing a firearm. According to KIRO, the judge seemed to come to Latham’s defense by pointing out that Latham “doesn’t have a violent criminal history” — as if shooting a dog to death in front of its family were excusable because it hasn’t happened before.
Making this case a bit more tragic (but only just slightly) is the fact that Latham apparently shot the wrong dog. According to Latham’s own confession, he admitted that the dog he shot was probably not the one that had been annoying him for hours with its barking. After he had killed Molly, the offending dog could still be heard barking somewhere in the neighborhood.

Other neighbors heard a large dog barking and whining wildly, at a home next door to where Molly had been shot, for two more hours after the shooting.

“He said to the cops, ‘Oh my God, I shot the wrong dog,’” Andrews said. “As if there’s a right dog.”

Latham was released until his next court date in late October and was ordered to surrender his guns. All seven of them, including the .22-caliber rifle he used to kill his neighbor’s family pet.

At least this one has been disarmed. For now, anyway. Bet he'll have another gun soon because these idiots actually believe they have that right.

Are you usually this confused? ,the 2nd most certainly apply to those in your pic,its just you personally don't like how they look,typical of people like you,you don't respect others that disagree with you,its just that simple.

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>
Asshole.

Archie, that you?
It's not me that connected the "evil bastard" to gun ownership, the "evil bastard" owned a gun and-----and therein lay the problem - right?

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>
Asshole.

Why not ?? he is no different than I guy getting a DWI he looses his privilege to drive same a the shooiter. Its not cherry picking as I am sure you would mention that,so spare yourself. The cops came got his guns done deal,if he can get them back legally then so be it.

AFTER he proved he had no business owning a gun.

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>

Silly guy, he should know only police officers can get away with shooting other people's dogs.

Are you usually this confused? ,the 2nd most certainly apply to those in your pic,its just you personally don't like how they look,typical of people like you,you don't respect others that disagree with you,its just that simple.

Well then, how about you teach the dog shooter how to tell what the enemy actually looks like.

Hint: its not a black kid with a loud radio or a white guy throwing popcorn.

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>
Asshole.

Archie, that you?
It's not me that connected the "evil bastard" to gun ownership, the "evil bastard" owned a gun and-----and therein lay the problem - right?

He had a right to own a gun, just as all Americans do. He also had the responsibility as do all Americans to own use the gun responsibly. He obviously failed, and in such was never a "good guy" nor was he "responsible".

No, he's that dishonest.
He knows the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home - he just refuses to admit it.

Haven't read the article, but based upon the basic statement in this case, the police rightfully took away his firearm. They should search his home for any other firearms and confiscate them. He should pay financial restitution to the family for the death of their dog and there should be a federal list of individuals that are forbidden to purchase or own firearms, with his identity on it and if he obtains one illegally and is caught with one, a good prison term would dampen his desire to own a firearm.
I'm an ardent supporter of the right to bear arms. I also believe that you should be allowed to wear a handgun openly in a holster, although personally, I prefer concealed carry so as to not alarm the public. Just do NOT pull that gun out of its holster for any reason, EXCEPT to save a life. Never pull it out to just threaten someone. Never shoot a dog unless it is large and gnawing on you. Attacking drop-kick dogs (small ones) can be just kicked, stomped on, or struck with an object and sent flying. Guns aren't needed in that case.
Lately, we've had events in the news that have clearly shown that some idiots shouldn't have guns. The guy who got 17 years for shooting a woman who was on his porch, pounding on his door, shoud have just called the cops. He could have still held his gun and just waited for the cops to arrive.

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>

Poor family.

How is that poetic? :dunno:

Jameson Parker
September 16, 2014

<snip>

<snip>

Poor family.

How is that poetic? :dunno:

Because he was in idiot. Admittedly though, it makes for a sad poem.

Forum List

Back