Report: Rgiii Told By Nfl Not To Wear ‘know Jesus, Know Peace’ Shirt For His Press Conference

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
I think I am done with the NFL.

Report RGIII Told By NFL Not To Wear 8216 Know Jesus Know Peace 8217 Shirt For His Press Conference CBS DC

WASHINGTON (CBSDC)
— Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was reportedly told by an NFL uniform inspector not to wear his “Know Jesus, Know Peace” t-shirt before Sunday’s postgame press conference.
Michael Phillips, the Redskins reporter for the Richmond Times-Dispatch, posted on Twitter that Griffin was told he couldn’t wear the t-shirt because it wasn’t a Nike product.

Yea, well, that's part of their umpteen million dollar contracts, to honor the sponsoring companies who put a lot of that money in their pockets, with the clause that says, "you don't wear anything on camera that doesn't have our logo on it". Even NFLers aren't too stupid to grock that.

Don't take the money if you don't want to play by the rules. The report is written as if the religious aspect was the issue. I do agree that the NFL is focusing more and more on political correctness though. I'm still waiting to see how they handle the first gay domestic abuse situation, it might cause the boardroom to implode.

I think I am done with the NFL.

Report RGIII Told By NFL Not To Wear 8216 Know Jesus Know Peace 8217 Shirt For His Press Conference CBS DC

WASHINGTON (CBSDC)
— Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was reportedly told by an NFL uniform inspector not to wear his “Know Jesus, Know Peace” t-shirt before Sunday’s postgame press conference.
Michael Phillips, the Redskins reporter for the Richmond Times-Dispatch, posted on Twitter that Griffin was told he couldn’t wear the t-shirt because it wasn’t a Nike product.

So its really a sponsorship issue. I'm sure he can get a Nike shirt and then press on the message himself.

If it's really a sponsorship issue, then problem solved. If the NFL is using Nike as an excuse to stifle RGIII's expression of his Religion, then they will find something else wrong with it.

If reports are true about it being a violation of the NFLs agreement with Nike, something's not adding up. Reports are he just turned the shirt inside out prior to appearing before the press, but that still left him not sporting a Nike logo.

Yea, well, that's part of their umpteen million dollar contracts, to honor the sponsoring companies who put a lot of that money in their pockets, with the clause that says, "you don't wear anything on camera that doesn't have our logo on it". Even NFLers aren't too stupid to grock that.

And inside out tee shirt turns into a Nike shirt?

No Religion. No Redskins logo. No Guns. Plenty of Pink though.

F*ck the NFL.
>>>>>>>>>
you are allowed to say, FUCK THE NFL !!

NFL..., :fu: ................................. :asshole:

AND FUCK your silly/stupid ass rules !

i would like to see the NFL revert to the rules, standards and uniforms of the 1950's, todays NFL is nothing but pussies and criminals.

whipping an errant child is NOT abuse, it is a form of discipline with love !!

And inside out tee shirt turns into a Nike shirt?
No, but it prevents the misunderstanding that Nike is somehow promoting a religious or political message at football press conferences.

It isn't about "whipping" or spanking a child. It's about beating a 4 year old child with a stick so much and so hard that lacerations and scars on the upper legs, crotch and even the penis can be clearly seen in photo's four days after the assault.

LOl, a NFL uniform inspector

well the GROWN MEN (players) want the money I guess they can be slaves and bow down to the NFL

Don't take the money if you don't want to play by the rules. The report is written as if the religious aspect was the issue. I do agree that the NFL is focusing more and more on political correctness though. I'm still waiting to see how they handle the first gay domestic abuse situation, it might cause the boardroom to implode.

From the article: CSN Washington reports that Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan wore a t-shirt from Five Four Clothing to the podium for the postgame press conference and was not asked to change his shirt.

It isn't about "whipping" or spanking a child. It's about beating a 4 year old child with a stick so much and so hard that lacerations and scars on the upper legs, crotch and even the penis can be clearly seen in photo's four days after the assault.
>>>>>>>>
post the photos if you can, i never seen them.., my "whipping" word should have been "SPANKING", i got a few as an errant child, probably for sassing or some other offense against the "house rules" :up: AND i have no scars from those spankings. :up:

Now they can tell them what to wear off the field too?

How is their street clothes part of a uniform?

No Religion. No Redskins logo. No Guns. Plenty of Pink though.

F*ck the NFL.
>>>>>>>>>
you are allowed to say, FUCK THE NFL !!

NFL..., :fu: ................................. :asshole:

AND FUCK your silly/stupid ass rules !

i would like to see the NFL revert to the rules, standards and uniforms of the 1950's, todays NFL is nothing but pussies and criminals.

Yes, they should be allowed to say "Fuck the NFL". But when you are paid to play, and part of your contract says you will wear a sponsor's logo when ever you appear on camera in your capacity as a player, then you pretty much have to do it.

If you don't want that restriction, then don't sign the contract agreeing to do so.

Now they can tell them what to wear off the field too?

How is their street clothes part of a uniform?

When you are on camera being interviewed concerning your job in the NFL, they certainly CAN require it. The logo requirement was part of the contract he signed. If he wants to have the freedom to wear whatever he wants, he shouldn't have signed the contract saying he would wear a Nike logo during press conferences.

LOl, a NFL uniform inspector

well the GROWN MEN (players) want the money I guess they can be slaves and bow down to the NFL

When grown men sign contracts they have to abide by what is in the contract.

no problem. I'm sure they don't mind being treated like children/slaves if they're raking in millions of dollars. lol

It is not slavery. They are free to quit any time. Of course, they have to find a new source of money, and cannot play professional football. But this is a contract issue, not one of religious freedom.

Forum List

Back