Another good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun

As much as I support self defense, shooting the guy through the window wasn't the right thing to do......but good for him for stopping the robbery.

As much as I support self defense, shooting the guy through the window wasn't the right thing to do......but good for him for stopping the robbery.
True he could have hit someone else but who knows what might have happened if he had waited and tried to get inside. He might have saved many lives.

And the shooter is now wanted by the Santa Ana police department on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon (and rightfully so, according to the law).

If you don't believe me, read the original article in the Miami Herald...

He was robbing a restaurant, cops say. A drive-thru customer shot him through window
Oh I hope Karma bites you in the ass. You get robbed a good guy with a gun just stands there and doesn't defend you because he might get charged for defending your sorry ass!

Another gun nut endangers innocent bystanders and then runs.

And the shooter is now wanted by the Santa Ana police department on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon (and rightfully so, according to the law).

He was robbing a restaurant, cops say. A drive-thru customer shot him through window
Oh I hope Karma bites you in the ass. You get robbed a good guy with a gun just stands there and doesn't defend you because he might get charged for defending your sorry ass!

He fled the scene. Kinda hard to maintain me good guy thing when you run away.

Hey, I didn't say I agreed with it, I simply stated the truth according to the law. Remember, it is California...

Hmmmm...considering that guns are used 2.4 million times a year by law abiding Americans to stop crime, and even shooting through the window this guy didn't harm anyone....you can keep lying, but reality keeps proving you wrong.....

As usual leftists would prefer a store FULL of dead employees and customers!

I don't blame him its California after all.

True.....when a victim lives, they can't use the dead body as a prop for their gun control push.....

You mean that in California, like most states, you have to have a permit to carry concealed? In California, you also have to have the permit to carry a loaded firearm in your car. So explain this to me. The least criminal group in America is the Concealed Weapons Permit holders. Police are convicted of crimes at a rate of ten times those who carry concealed. The most common crime that concealed permit holders commit is to forget to carry their permit while carrying concealed. So we can assume that this guy did not get himself a permit.

It was a bad shooting. It was a bad time to shoot. As for the argument that he had to in order to protect the innocent, do you think the bystanders care if they get shot by the baddies bullet or the good guys bullet?

But let’s think for a moment more than you obviously have. Who would carry an illegal weapon in their car? The good guys obviously not. So who could have shot? Want to bet the guy shooting through the window, a stupid move if there was one, was a thug himself pissed that his order was taking too long and he fired at the woman who was screwing around inside instead of getting him his food?

Chances are, one crook wounded another crook unintentionally. It makes more sense than a good guy firing rounds, tearing up the resturant, nearly killing the victim, and then fleeing the scene.

You mean that in California, like most states, you have to have a permit to carry concealed? In California, you also have to have the permit to carry a loaded firearm in your car. So explain this to me. The least criminal group in America is the Concealed Weapons Permit holders. Police are convicted of crimes at a rate of ten times those who carry concealed. The most common crime that concealed permit holders commit is to forget to carry their permit while carrying concealed. So we can assume that this guy did not get himself a permit.

It was a bad shooting. It was a bad time to shoot. As for the argument that he had to in order to protect the innocent, do you think the bystanders care if they get shot by the baddies bullet or the good guys bullet?

But let’s think for a moment more than you obviously have. Who would carry an illegal weapon in their car? The good guys obviously not. So who could have shot? Want to bet the guy shooting through the window, a stupid move if there was one, was a thug himself pissed that his order was taking too long and he fired at the woman who was screwing around inside instead of getting him his food?

Chances are, one crook wounded another crook unintentionally. It makes more sense than a good guy firing rounds, tearing up the resturant, nearly killing the victim, and then fleeing the scene.

You had me till your theory on the shooter being a crook......odds are the guy is afraid the cops are going to arrest him and he will be persecuted by anti gun democrats in California....

You had me till your theory on the shooter being a crook......odds are the guy is afraid the cops are going to arrest him and he will be persecuted by anti gun democrats in California....

He should be afraid. The shooting was at best reckless. Shooting through a window with the resulting deflection made prediction of where the bullets would end up impossible. It was a bad shooting. Bad location, bad situation, and catastrophically bad decisions.

There are three options. 1) The shooter knew he was breaking California law by carrying a loaded gun without a permit. That is a Felony in California. It is difficult but possible to get a permit to carry in California. The good guy is a felon at the minimum.

2) The Shooter had a permit and fired despite the fact that it was a bad situation. Then moments after firing his shots he fled the scene to avoid being caught. Thus committing Obstruction and other felonies just by leaving. The good guy is a felon anyway.

3) The shooter is a bad guy who was armed. A felony to someone who commits them regularly is not much of a deterrent. It would fit the trend regarding gun crimes. A bad guy with a gun recklessly firing rounds with little concern about what happened. A sadly common occurrence and one of the arguments that I use to object to gun control.

Take your pick, none are good. In none of them is he a good guy. The only question left is how bad he really is.

Wow, good guy with gun saves the day,....so far that makes 2 this year....NRA, all the way.....get the fuck outta here, that guy could have killed innocent people

This right here is what gets to me. If anything, the guy should be busted over the fact that he drove off, but what he did before leaving stopped an armed robbery from happening. Why should he be busted for that part of the story?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

This right here is what gets to me. If anything, the guy should be busted over the fact that he drove off, but what he did before leaving stopped an armed robbery from happening. Why should he be busted for that part of the story?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Endangering all those lives like a fool comes to mind.

^^^ Don't forget. The people were already endangered thanks to the armed robber. The wanted man is the one who put a stop to the armed robber's intention.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Don't forget. The people were already endangered thanks to the armed robber. The wanted man is the one who put a stop to the armed robber's intention.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wow. That's kinda like the 2nd guy at a gang rape saying "well, she was already raped soooooo..."

Another good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun

The DIRTY SECRET in all of this is that if every capable, responsible adult were trained in firearms and then armed, it would virtually eradicate crime, because the criminal would be so overwhelmed with opposition not knowing who was safe to rob or attack with such a high likelihood of resistance and with so many people everywhere to oppose him that it would be extremely dangerous and difficult for criminals to survive and operate!

Guns are not the CAUSE of crime, it is their under-use and suppression in our society that actually facilitates it.

Forum List

Back