Another reason to get rid of labor unions. NY slow snow clean up deliberate!

Did someone mention the fact that Bloomberg, the 10th wealthiest person in American, had already cut 400 snow clearance jobs
Link?

And if true, that makes it okay to drag ass in protest?

More like 700 if you count attrition..and 100 demotions.
Yeah, where's a credible link to this information?

And the other question remains unanswered: "And if true, that makes it okay to drag ass in protest?"

Link?

And the other question remains unanswered: "And if true, that makes it okay to drag ass in protest?"

Exactly, dude. Those slackers are lucky to have good paying jobs.

Why the fuck won't they just do those jobs?

Link?

What's credible to you?

And "drag ass"? I am sure some people did drag their asses..but they were in the minority. Most were out there plowing and digging. I walked past many of them myself.

Part of the problem was those that were demoted were Foreman with little or no training on plows. Some of them even got stuck.

I would guess that some right wing pundits have been discussing the snow removal problems being unions fault.
Otherwise we would not have this thread.

What's credible to you?
The NYT would be just fine.
Okay..

But the ranks of uniformed members have fallen to a planned 7,016 by next June from 7,733 in 2006, said Doug Turetsky, a spokesman for the city’s Independent Budget Office. That is the lowest staffing level since 1997, though the number has bounced up and down several times since. The Bloomberg administration shrank the department’s uniformed ranks by 400 through attrition but recently hired 100 new workers and ordered the demotion of 100 foremen back into the ranks of workers, said Harry Nespoli, president of the Uniformed Sanitationmen’s Association.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/29/n...d=2&_r=1&sq=Sanitation attrition&st=cse&scp=2

What's credible to you?
Okay..

But the ranks of uniformed members have fallen to a planned 7,016 by next June from 7,733 in 2006, said Doug Turetsky, a spokesman for the city’s Independent Budget Office. That is the lowest staffing level since 1997, though the number has bounced up and down several times since. The Bloomberg administration shrank the department’s uniformed ranks by 400 through attrition but recently hired 100 new workers and ordered the demotion of 100 foremen back into the ranks of workers, said Harry Nespoli, president of the Uniformed Sanitationmen’s Association.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/29/n...d=2&_r=1&sq=Sanitation attrition&st=cse&scp=2
That's more like it, thanks.

I am still trying to figure out the source of the Post's assertion. The denials are interesting.

Understand -- I'm no fan of Bloomberg by any stretch. BUT, if the union really did promote low production in order to score a political point, VERY bad.

Agreed?

Okay..

I am still trying to figure out the source of the Post's assertion. The denials are interesting.

Understand -- I'm no fan of Bloomberg by any stretch. BUT, if the union really did promote low production in order to score a political point, VERY bad.

Agreed?

Well sure..but I doubt that happened on a large scale.

That's not to say there weren't more then a few idiots.

Okay..

Agreed?

It's been confirmed by this guy:

The slowdown was confirmed Wednesday by City Councilman Dan Halloran (R-Queens), who met with a group of guilt-stricken plow drivers and supervisors who dropped a dime on their colleagues.

Yesterday, Halloran provided The Post with two videos showing a plow driver in Queens driving his truck on a snow-covered road without plowing it.

The snitches said they were told to leave many roads unplowed and skip streets that were not on their routes.

Read more: Sanitation workers targeted neighborhoods in slowdown - NYPOST.com

The article also stated that BICYCLE LANES in the Upper West Side were being cleared yesterday, as people in the outer boroughs still couldn't get to their cars. And Bloomberg denied it. Has the man met the internet yet? Unbelievable.

I find it rather amusing that union members putting their own interests ahead of the public outrages so many of you who have absolutely no problem when cor[porations do exactly the same thing.

FWIW I share your outrage when unions do that, but fail to understand why you don't feel exactly the same way when Halliburton or GE does it.

Most people aren't aware of the crimes committed by those companies. Possibly because GE owns NBC?

But everyone is concerned with public safety and that is one area of govt that most people expect their tax dollars to be used for its intended purpose. People died. And chances are no one will even lose their job over it. Including Bloomberg. Rich liberal Manhattanites who use the bike lanes will ensure his future political career.

Forum List

Back