Another Progressive Success, Maine- Welfare recipients outnumber taxpayers

Really the problem is there aren't enough kids paying taxes. How do we get more 8 year olds to pay their share?

Not to mention those lazy 80 year olds....

I mean, why should an Alzheimer's patient get a free ride just because she can't remember her name anymore?

Takers will always take. But what happens when there are no more Producers to take from? I guess we'll be getting that answer in the very near future. Third World here we come.

Third world countries don't have things like welfare, food stamps, unemployment etc. if you don't have cash you don't eat.

Blame the victim. Funny how Republicans want to cut education then complain about all these uneducated people. Education isn't just math.

You have to invest in America to get a return. Just giving money to rich people won't do it.

We spend more per student than any country in the world on education. The problem isn't that enough money isn't being invested, it's that the money is being squandered on bullshit.

Bullshit usually advocated by the liberals.

When your kid can't tell you why Columbus came to America, but will tell you that he killed the native Americans, you know that that was not money well spent. (Honestly had this conversation with my 14 year old neice.)

When you can't fire a child molesting teacher after 14 years of him collecting a salary for no work, you have to wonder how many other malingerers and non-performers are out there that aren't even being bothered with. Let's keep throwing money at the problem. That'll do it.

Very damn good points sir.

Another Progressive Success, Maine- Welfare recipients outnumber taxpayers

Comrades

good news today

Finally, we have a success
h/t Moonbattery

Bangor Daily News

discovered that 445,074 Mainers paid state income tax, while 453,194 received some sort of state aid.

In Maine, Medicaid, welfare, food stamps and subsidies for education have a combined enrollment of 660,000.

Adjusting for overlap reduces the number to 453,194 — or 8,120 more people on state assistance than there are state income taxpayers in Maine.

Not True: Welfare recipients outnumber taxpayers

Maybe True: Maine has more welfare recipients than income tax payers.
8,120 more people on state assistance than there are state income taxpayers in Maine.

Maybe true?
Disprove it then
:eusa_hand:

Now you're just choosing not to see...The statistics are being manipulated and misunderstood.

A certain number of people live in Maine.

A certain number of people pay income taxes in Maine.

A certain number of people receive State aid in Maine.

The latter exceeds the former by a certain number... (8120)

FACT: 8,120 more people on state assistance than there are state income taxpayers in Maine."

NO WHERE does it say all people who receive some form of State aid do not pay income taxes. Because in FACT it's not true...The OP is spin with an agenda.

Fact: You have no problem with the fact that you bolded.
:badgrin:

I must have missed the part of the article that said only people who paid no taxes received welfare, while no tax payers received welfare. Could one of you geniuses point that out to me? Thanks.

no it didn't say that, you're right.

I am not sure thats the claim though, the simple fact is it appears in rough nubmers; out of 100 folks who pay state tax there, 51 of them receive money back in the form of aid.

I am passing no judgment on the necessity of the aid, but will point out that it amounts to a defacto rebate for those how did pay NET state tax, a gift for those who didn't pay state tax or NET amount, and that this quotient is , well, unsustainable in the long term, surely you can see that?

Now you're just choosing not to see...The statistics are being manipulated and misunderstood.

FACT: 8,120 more people on state assistance than there are state income taxpayers in Maine."

NO WHERE does it say all people who receive some form of State aid do not pay income taxes. Because in FACT it's not true...The OP is spin with an agenda.

Then prove me wrong, chicken-shit
:fu:

So "education" and "Medicaid" are now called "welfare" by Republicans. No wonder they want to cut them.

AS Forbes STATED in the article i linked above....the solution to all problems is more jobs, creating more jobs....

it's like in Retail....we have a saying, '' 'Sales' heals ALL wounds''.... we need to get the economy going and people back to work, making money again....this reduces welfare needs, it increases tax revenues being collected and increases the people paying taxes.

Children collecting welfare( TANF), are in the majority of welfare recipients and they would not be tax payers nor expected to be tax payers....yet they count as individual recipients receiving welfare? are they including children as recipients, and children as non tax payers in those figures above?

Also, college grants/education is now WELFARE? I can understand food stamps, medicaid, TANF considered as ''Welfare'' but i am not certain i put education in the same category.

:lol: Thanks for demonstrating how dumb you are.

Next time maybe try reading for comprehension before you get so emotional, retard... :thup:

:lol: Thanks for demonstrating how dumb you are.

Next time maybe try reading for comprehension before you get so emotional, retard... :thup:

I comprehend that I told you that you didn't have a problem with having more takers than givers.
I comprehend that you negged me and called me a liar rather than hashing it out right here.

So, "emotional retard" is just an empty phrase to me.

:eusa_silenced:

The real numbers.

County Aid Stats Nov 2011

BangorFactCheck

• 23,943 individuals received Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, a federal cash benefit geared specifically toward children.

• 253,743 individuals benefited from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as Food Stamps.

• 9,343 individuals participated in the ASPIRE program, which offers subsidies for education.

On a side note, he is moving forward with plans to reduce the number of taxpayers by 70000 and will balance that by dumping 65000 people from state healthcare.

So, I have to ask. What do you (general you) consider welfare? No job, cash assistance? Shitty paying job, food stamps? No job, disabled or retired, Soc Sec?

All of the above?

I consider welfare as any government assistance (ex. student loans) for able bodied persons between 18-65. We have a responsibility to care for the most vulnerable citizens (children, seniors, and the disabled). Any entitlement in the form of check, rent, heating, health ins., food stamps, free cell phones, "refundable tax credit", is welfare IMO.

Unemployment and Social Security are insurance programs that have been paid for by the claimants.

But whether or not these people in Maine "deserve" welfare (or UI or SS) is irrelevant. The fact is that the tipping point has been reached. States cannot "print money" and run trillion dollar deficits like D.C.

I consider welfare as any government assistance (ex. student loans) for able bodied persons between 18-65. We have a responsibility to care for the most vulnerable citizens (children, seniors, and the disabled). Any entitlement in the form of check, rent, heating, health ins., food stamps, free cell phones, "refundable tax credit", is welfare IMO.

Unemployment and Social Security are insurance programs that have been paid for by the claimants.

But whether or not these people in Maine "deserve" welfare (or UI or SS) is irrelevant. The fact is that the tipping point has been reached. States cannot "print money" and run trillion dollar deficits like D.C.

I have absolutely no doubt that the SPIN in this OP is based on the erroneous theory that social security and unemployment ARE WELFARE.

They're not, but the right wing TROLLS on this board like to pretend they are.

I must have missed the part of the article that said only people who paid no taxes received welfare, while no tax payers received welfare. Could one of you geniuses point that out to me? Thanks.

also, what is "some type of government assistance"?

social security?
unemployment insurance?
medicare?
medicaid?
government employee's paycheck?

those aren't welfare.... well, except to rightwingnut loons

hmmmmmmmmm.....

Forum List

Back