Another Progressive Success, Maine- Welfare recipients outnumber taxpayers

Another Progressive Success, Maine- Welfare recipients outnumber taxpayers.

I totally believe this to be true.

Maine is poor and have been poor since post the Civil War.

Oh incidently?

Maine elected a tea bagger as governor.

But as to the number of peope getting some kind of check?

Well, Maine does have the OLDEST population in the USA, so that ought not be a total surprise.

[Well, Maine does have the OLDEST population in the USA, so that ought not be a total surprise.

I do believe that the Social Security Act ought to be repealed. But it hasn't been. Numerous US citizens were COMPELLED under penalty of law to finance the system and were promised by fedgov to be taken care of during their old age.

While I agree that fedgov did not have the authority to enact or force our citizens to finance the Ponzi scheme, they point is that they did . So , it is very possible that Maine is populated by individuals who believe in the work ethic and reject parasitism and who sincerely believe that Uncle Sam must pay what it promised.

Another Progressive Success, Maine- Welfare recipients outnumber taxpayers.

I totally believe this to be true.

Maine is poor and have been poor since post the Civil War.

Oh incidently?

Maine elected a tea bagger as governor.

But as to the number of peope getting some kind of check?

Well, Maine does have the OLDEST population in the USA, so that ought not be a total surprise.

[Well, Maine does have the OLDEST population in the USA, so that ought not be a total surprise.

I do believe that the Social Security Act ought to be repealed. But it hasn't been. Numerous US citizens were COMPELLED under penalty of law to finance the system and were promised by fedgov to be taken care of during their old age.

While I agree that fedgov did not have the authority to enact or force our citizens to finance the Ponzi scheme, they point is that they did . So , it is very possible that Maine is populated by individuals who believe in the work ethic and reject parasitism and who sincerely believe that Uncle Sam must pay what it promised.

Youse asswipes didn't read the article did ya?

Well, we had this President and Congress that thought that the banks needed no regulation, and that wars could be fought off of the books. Now we have massive debt, and no jobs.

But, according the the 'Conservatives' that is the fault of the people without the jobs, and the fault of the present President that is trying to get us through this without going into a major Depression. In the Last Great Republican Depression, they also blamed the people that had no jobs for the fact there were no jobs.

There is a couple of trillion out there sitting, doing nothing. Held onto by the very people that caused the present debacle. The best thing that we could do, is to get that money circulating, or take it, and circulate ourselves. In other words, invest it within this nation, or we will.

And there it is folks.... straight from the horse's ass

Confiscation and redistribution

Fuck off and die

Why not? We bailed their felonious scuzzy asses out, so if they are not using the money that our actions saved for them, then we have the right to get it back in circulation to set the economy right in our nation.

Of course you 'Conservatives' believe that being very wealthy carries with it the right to be exempt from all ethics and laws. And that such people should endlessly be able to dip into government funds to make up for their foolishness. Privatize profits and socialize losses.

Taxation can be arranged to force capital back into investment, rather than have it setting there, doing nothing. Especially when that capital would not be there, not even the companies holding the capital, were it not for the bailouts funded by the taxpayers of this nation. That fact should carry with it some obligations on the part of those entities that recieved these bailouts.

Why not? We bailed their felonious scuzzy asses out, so if they are not using the money that our actions saved for them, then we have the right to get it back in circulation to set the economy right in our nation.

Of course you 'Conservatives' believe that being very wealthy carries with it the right to be exempt from all ethics and laws. And that such people should endlessly be able to dip into government funds to make up for their foolishness. Privatize profits and socialize losses.

Taxation can be arranged to force capital back into investment, rather than have it setting there, doing nothing. Especially when that capital would not be there, not even the companies holding the capital, were it not for the bailouts funded by the taxpayers of this nation. That fact should carry with it some obligations on the part of those entities that recieved these bailouts.

holy cow, thank goodness you are not the President. do you work for the Obama administration?

Last edited:
I must have missed the part of the article that said only people who paid no taxes received welfare, while no tax payers received welfare. Could one of you geniuses point that out to me? Thanks.

"Taxpayers" and "People who receive aid from the State" aren't mutually exclusive groups.

You 2 must not have understood what this phrase means:
Adjusting for overlap reduces the number to 453,194
Well, we had this President and Congress that thought that the banks needed no regulation, and that wars could be fought off of the books. Now we have massive debt, and no jobs.

But, according the the 'Conservatives' that is the fault of the people without the jobs, and the fault of the present President that is trying to get us through this without going into a major Depression. In the Last Great Republican Depression, they also blamed the people that had no jobs for the fact there were no jobs.

There is a couple of trillion out there sitting, doing nothing. Held onto by the very people that caused the present debacle. The best thing that we could do, is to get that money circulating, or take it, and circulate ourselves. In other words, invest it within this nation, or we will.

And you're just plain out eat up with stupid,
WTF does this have to do with the OP?

And that part about "taking it and circulating it your selves"????
I have an extra inner-tube. You are more than welcome to use it to take your lazy ass to Cuba on it.

:cuckoo:

Because it's up to you and your lazy brethren to decide what is best to do with someone else's monies... :rolleyes:

FORCE.... you and you ilk's way to bring about your redistribution

You're a waste of oxygen

I must have missed the part of the article that said only people who paid no taxes received welfare, while no tax payers received welfare. Could one of you geniuses point that out to me? Thanks.

"Taxpayers" and "People who receive aid from the State" aren't mutually exclusive groups.

You 2 must not have understood what this phrase means:
Adjusting for overlap reduces the number to 453,194

JosefK spends too much time dreaming about male anatomy, as opposed to reading and comprehending.

Adjusting for overlap reduces the number to 453,194 - or 8,120 more people on state assistance than there are state income taxpayers in Maine.
Suck on THAT, JosefK :rofl:

Last edited:
Tax brackets are annually adjusted for inflation.

As workers income have lost ground to inflation during the last thirty years, eventually there are going to be more people who aren't going to pay taxes because of 30 years of inflation losing flat wage growth.
If the trend of flat wages that don't keep up with inflation continues, there will be even more people not paying income taxes.

Then there is the Baby Boomers who are retiring and living on Social Security who don't pay taxes on that income and for some, that's the only income they have. And of course, their Social Security has already been taxes once. Therefore, they really don't count as people who haven't paid taxes.

We need more tax payers, maybe it's time more employers award wage growth that at least keeps up with inflation to their labor force. Look at the record profits by Corporate America, yet they pay wages to their workers that don't keep up with inflation thus lowering the number of working tax payers.

Oh and by the way, corporations are also paying less taxes!

Well then give them good paying jobs. Then it will change.

"you pretend to pay me, I pretend to work. Words to live by."

The Takers will always take. And they're taking more than ever before. It can't be sustained.

Another Progressive Success, Maine- Welfare recipients outnumber taxpayers

Comrades

good news today

Finally, we have a success
h/t Moonbattery

Bangor Daily News

discovered that 445,074 Mainers paid state income tax, while 453,194 received some sort of state aid.

In Maine, Medicaid, welfare, food stamps and subsidies for education have a combined enrollment of 660,000.

Adjusting for overlap reduces the number to 453,194 — or 8,120 more people on state assistance than there are state income taxpayers in Maine.

Not True: Welfare recipients outnumber taxpayers

Maybe True: Maine has more welfare recipients than income tax payers.

Forum List

Back