Another Party

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Another kids party this afternoon. Tons of little ones running around like mad (like they do). Again, every 'racial' category you could think of represented. Again, none of the nonsense whined about here every minute of every day. I'd say at least 1/3 of the kids were of more than one 'race,' for whatever that means.

Grandsons graduation party tomorrow, so you wont' see much of me til late in the afternoon.

Another kids party this afternoon. Tons of little ones running around like mad (like they do). Again, every 'racial' category you could think of represented. Again, none of the nonsense whined about here every minute of every day. I'd say at least 1/3 of the kids were of more than one 'race,' for whatever that means.
Anybody get shot yet?

Grandsons graduation party tomorrow, so you wont' see much of me til late in the afternoon.

I'll be sure to schedule my USMB time accordingly, I don't want to miss any of your brilliant, content-free posts
I don't want to miss any of your brilliant, content-free posts

And yet, I say far more with an emoji than you do in a four paragraph rant.

I've never actually seen you say anything at all. I have seen your funny icons, however.

Wait a goddamn second, you're a mod now?

I'll be sure to schedule my USMB time accordingly, I don't want to miss any of your brilliant, content-free posts

I've never actually seen you say anything at all. I have seen your funny icons, however.

its the American disabilities act thingy

yup

perhaps you remember the original Superman movie, from 1978?

always liked this line: "Lex Luthor: Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe."

against you?

only emojis are necessary

its the American disabilities act thingy

Careful, guno

You have a grandson? Can we get some new mods who aren't a few years away from keeling over?

You know I kid, Will. You probably only have a year left. :itsok:

Improvements in race relations is often a generational thing. Went I was young it was quite a spectacle to see an interracial couple (black and white) in the south. Many otherwise good people thought such a relationship was just wrong. Most young people simply don't care about race anymore.
That being said, I beleive groups that spotlight race simply perpetuate the problem. Focusing on race stirs up racial tensions and promotes racism. It would be nice to have a color blind society when it comes to race, but the activists that are supposedly working for the cause of civil rights are not going to let that happen. It's counterproductive.

Anybody get shot yet?

No. What a stupid question.

You should put down Mommy's computer and go join 'em.

You just here to troll, wannabe?

... Most young people simply don't care about race anymore.....

At this point, I think most middle-aged people don't give a shit either. There are just some sad, bitter old POS hanging on.

Improvements in race relations is often a generational thing. Went I was young it was quite a spectacle to see an interracial couple (black and white) in the south. Many otherwise good people thought such a relationship was just wrong. Most young people simply don't care about race anymore.
That being said, I beleive groups that spotlight race simply perpetuate the problem. Focusing on race stirs up racial tensions and promotes racism. It would be nice to have a color blind society when it comes to race, but the activists that are supposedly working for the cause of civil rights are not going to let that happen. It's counterproductive.
I know young people who care very much about race relations. So much so that they are the ones leading the charge to fight racism. I know kids who left the integrated community of Mt. Airy and were shocked when they got to college, writing home to their parents, "Hey, the rest of the world is not like where I was raised up."

I think it is an easy thing to say that we should have a color blind society. But as a white person, I have never experienced the things that many black people do.

I have never felt the pangs from the stares, or the negative body language. I have never felt the rejection from the crossing to the other side of the street.

Every time a white person inches away, screws up their face, follows customers around the store, pulls someone over because he looks suspicious, assumes a child can't learn, passes over someone for a promotion, pays someone less money for the same job, clutches a purse or quickly locks a car door, it is a reminder that for too many white people, color still matters. And I don't think we can get past it until we face it.

And I think there is a big difference between placing blame and telling the truth. People who embrace the truth, will ultimately find themselves set free.

Forum List

Back