Another Myth

Nope, YOU just seem to have an unhealthy attachment to your ignorance.
So says the resident narcissist.

If you wanted a discussion, you have had many opportunities to engage in one. What is it you want?
To be able to have an opinion which is different than yours and not be attacked for it.

To not be questioned, corrected, or held accountable for your words? What a typical little liberal.
That isn't what I wrote....

That's what you misinterpreted as "attacked," Sensitive Sally.

You know... back when I was a kid this bully tried to bully me around. When I pointed out that he was trying to bully me, he called me a sensitive Sally like you just did. You know... after he stopped the bleeding from his nose and lips, he never did bully me again. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Last edited:
..... it is not a myth that children learn a second language easier than adults. ....

I have explained why and how it is. I have provided you with multiple links so that you might be at least slightly informed on the topic. You have provided nothing to support your claims.

If you wanted a discussion, you have had many opportunities to engage in one. What is it you want?
To be able to have an opinion which is different than yours and not be attacked for it.

To not be questioned, corrected, or held accountable for your words? What a typical little liberal.
That isn't what I wrote....

You know... back when I was a kid this bully tried to bully me around. When I pointed out that he was trying to bully me, he called me a sensitive Sally like you just did. You know... after he stopped the bleeding from his nose and lips, he never did bully me again. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Is that a threat, miss?

I have explained why and how it is. I have provided you with multiple links so that you might be at least slightly informed on the topic. You have provided nothing to support your claims.
There you go again, trying to convince me to believe as you do. Sorry, I have weighed and measured your argument and found it lacking. I think I will continue to believe that kids can learn a second language easier than adults. Are you Ok with me having this belief?

Last edited:
..... it is not a myth that children learn a second language easier than adults. ....

There you go again, trying to convince me to believe as you do. Sorry, I have weighed and measured your argument and found it lacking. I think I will continue to believe that kids can learn a second language easier than adults. Are you Ok with me having this belief?

I don't care about your little feelings. Can you support your claim or not?

Is that a threat, miss?
Now who is being the sensitive Sally? No. It is not a threat. It is a promise that if you try to bully me into accepting your beliefs you will end up with a figurative bloody nose. I believe that honest men can have honest differences of opinions without having to act like jerks. I believe you have been acting like a jerk for no other reason than I hold a different belief than you. You are going to have to get over that.

Miss? More insults? That's a shocker.

Last edited:
I have, ad nausea. You are the one who won't let this go because your ego has been wounded because I won't agree with you. Sorry. I believe that you are wrong. I believe that children can learn a second language easier than adults because they are wired to learn language. I believe it is self evident and needs no more explanation than that. Why is this so hard for you to understand.

That bully I told you about also said he didn't care about my "little feelings." Of course that was right before blood came gushing out of his nose. After that he did seem to care about my "little feelings." Funny how that works, isn't it.

Last edited:
I have, ad nausea. ....I believe it is self evident and needs no more explanation than that. ...

"I believe" is not support for a claim. Even you should be able to understand basic reasoning.
Really? Is that all you have? So you KNOW for a fact it is a myth? Really?

I just read your 2nd Language Acquisition thread. You were acting like a jerk. Is that how behave in real life? Oh yeah, it may be time for you to bump it back to the top of the list. I can't believe you do that. That's a sign of narcissism.

Last edited:
I have, ad nausea. ....I believe it is self evident and needs no more explanation than that. ...

"I believe" is not support for a claim. Even you should be able to understand basic reasoning.
Really? Is that all you have? ...

You are the one who "has" offered nothing to support your claim. Change that, or admit your claim is baseless and move on.

That bully I told you about also said he didn't care about my "little feelings." Of course that was right before blood came gushing out of his nose. After that he did seem to care about my "little feelings." Funny how that works, isn't it.

There's little tough boy again.....

There's little tough boy again.....
Why did you edit out my comment in your reply? The full comment should have been, "I have, ad nausea. You are the one who won't let this go because your ego has been wounded because I won't agree with you. Sorry. I believe that you are wrong. I believe that children can learn a second language easier than adults because they are wired to learn language. I believe it is self evident and needs no more explanation than that. Why is this so hard for you to understand."

What was up with that?

You are the one who "has" offered nothing to support your claim. Change that, or admit your claim is baseless and move on.
You need for me to prove to you that children are wired to learn language?

Maybe your straw man can read the OP for you:

I frequently encounter the false conception that children are better at learning a second (or 3rd, or 4th, etc.) language than adults. Leaving aside first language acquisition (including symmetrical bilingualism), children are very frequently more successful in acquiring a second language in the long run, but adults are in many ways far more skilled language learners. Maybe that will seem like splitting hairs, but the point remains.

Maybe your straw man can read the OP for you:

I frequently encounter the false conception that children are better at learning a second (or 3rd, or 4th, etc.) language than adults. Leaving aside first language acquisition (including symmetrical bilingualism), children are very frequently more successful in acquiring a second language in the long run, but adults are in many ways far more skilled language learners. Maybe that will seem like splitting hairs, but the point remains.
You didn't answer the question, dope.

Forum List

Back