Another interesting health care poll

I follow your logic.

I'm just not a fan of people throwing around words "the majoriy of the country is against this bill" without putting in the nuance that a fair amount of those people are against it for it not going far enough. It changes the conversation.

I follow your logic.

I'm just not a fan of people throwing around words "the majoriy of the country is against this bill" without putting in the nuance that a fair amount of those people are against it for it not going far enough. It changes the conversation.

The only way to factor those people in is to add a question "If it were more liberal would you approve the bill?"

That would determine how many move from the "Not liberal enough" column to "Approve" column and how many move from the "Approve" column to "Too Liberal"...

The only thing you can say is that the number who think it's currently "Too liberal" won't go down if you make it MORE liberal...

I follow your logic.

The only way to factor those people in is to add a question "If it were more liberal would you approve the bill?"

That would determine how many move from the "Not liberal enough" column to "Approve" column and how many move from the "Approve" column to "Too Liberal"...

The only thing you can say is that the number who think it's currently "Too liberal" won't go down if you make it MORE liberal...

honestly, i don't see why it matters whether people think it goes too far or not far enough. if we're worried about the approval of the bill, the majority of the country doesn't want it. period.

I follow your logic.

honestly, i don't see why it matters whether people think it goes to far or not far enough. if we're worried about the approval of the bill, the majority of the country doesn't want it. period.

Honestly it doesn't... Either way you have a shitload of people upset with the bill passers, which we knew already...

Upset voters... But those "not lib enough" people will still likely vote for the idiots anyway... Where else will they get their expanding gubmint dream society... ?

Problem is, House. You are simply wrong about how they arrived at their figures. I suggest you call the polling agency and perhaps they can explain it to you.

Immie, the .2 or whatever is the result of rounding. The percents are rounded to the nearest number...which is why we never get polls saying 15.3 % yada yada yada. So when you figure backwards the people become .2s, etc.

As for the bill not going far enough...I know enough people that didn't want the bill passed because there was no public option, so this makes sense.

The poll was designed poorly. It clearly shows a bias toward an answer of supporting the bill in some fashion. "Too liberal" is simply poor wording when you have approve and doesn't go far enough as choices. I really would not have answered that poll as the bias gave me no opportunity to accurately respond.

It would be similiar to me polling the same question with choices like:

Disapprove
Can accept it
Want Medicare repealed too
Don't know
Other

The Republican strategy for winning the 2010 elections hinged on two things

- The economy will fail

- Healthcare will fail

The strategy depended on Republicans doing nothing to prevent these things from happening

So far, the economy is recovering and it looks like jobs will be showing up by this summer (just in time for the elections). The Republicans will be held to their predictions of economic doom due to Democratic initiatives

Healthcare, as we know, has passed. This poll shows that it is not as unpopular with Americans as had been reported before the bill passed. Americans will find things in the bill that they like and do not want to give up. If the Republicans run on a "Repeal Healthcare" platform, they will be sent packing

Funny how you guys failed to lie enough about the contents to defeat it.

:clap2:

Now that people are beginning to understand what this change really means, this bill will become wildly popular like Medicare and Social Security.

It must be tough for the Republicans to always be on the wrong side of history.

Problem is, House. You are simply wrong about how they arrived at their figures. I suggest you call the polling agency and perhaps they can explain it to you.

I'm correct in explaining why YOU were wrong to claim a majority support the bill when YOU add in the people who say it's not liberal enough...

I suggest you take a statistics class...

I tried to help you... Others understand...

Funny how its only positive AFTER it passed.

Considering it was negative for over a year.

its still negative, only 49% had positive views of it....

this bill is not the "american" bill obama promised because the majority do not want it....this bill is not the victory the dems claim...i mean really, they hold the executive office, senate and house and it was this difficult to pass the bill

its like being 99-0 in baseball in the ninth and the other team hits a grandslam and its 99-4 in the top and then the dems come to bat

I follow your logic.

no it doesn't

it is like obama trying to sell a car

if only 40% like the car as is, 20% don't like the car because it doesn't have all the options they want, and 40% think the car has too many options

reality: only 40% want the car

- The economy will fail

- Healthcare will fail

The strategy depended on Republicans doing nothing to prevent these things from happening

So far, the economy is recovering and it looks like jobs will be showing up by this summer (just in time for the elections). The Republicans will be held to their predictions of economic doom due to Democratic initiatives

Healthcare, as we know, has passed. This poll shows that it is not as unpopular with Americans as had been reported before the bill passed. Americans will find things in the bill that they like and do not want to give up. If the Republicans run on a "Repeal Healthcare" platform, they will be sent packing

Wrong again RW. What has happened is the Democrats have been painted as the party of we don't care what the public thinks, the healthcare bill will cost way more and not achieve the stated goals and most you unemployed still don'thave jobs. Frankly, I see no way for them to fix any of that before November. Your Japanese Zero is in a steep dive you can't pull out of in time. Enjoy the honor of your sacrifice.

- The economy will fail

- Healthcare will fail

Wrong again RW. What has happened is the Democrats have been painted as the party of we don't care what the public thinks, the healthcare bill will cost way more and not achieve the stated goals and most you unemployed still don'thave jobs. Frankly, I see no way for them to fix any of that before November. Your Japanese Zero is in a steep dive you can't pull out of in time. Enjoy the honor of your sacrifice.

The party out of power always wins the off year elections.

But long term the American people will remember who reformed healthcare for the better.

It's tough being on the wrong side of history, isn't it?

I follow your logic.

no it doesn't

if only 40% like the car as is, 20% don't like the car because it doesn't have all the options they want, and 40% think the car has too many options

Yes, it does when the 40% who think the car has too many options are using the 20% who want more as part of their justification not to buy the car and get a different one with less options.

- The economy will fail

- Healthcare will fail

But long term the American people will remember who reformed healthcare for the better.

You should know.

I follow your logic.

no it doesn't

Yes, it does when the 40% who think the car has too many options are using the 20% who want more as part of their justification not to buy the car and get a different one with less options.

show me where they have used the 20% to say they want a car with less options....

all i've seen is using the 20% to say people don't want "this" bill, which thus makes true that the majority do not want "this" bill

no it doesn't

show me where they have used the 20% to say they want a car with less options....

all i've seen is using the 20% to say people don't want "this" bill, which thus makes true that the majority do not want "this" bill

Intent is subjective and the last thing I am going to do is play semantic games with you.

- The economy will fail

- Healthcare will fail

That remains to be seen.

It will take till 2014 and 2018 to really see what kind of a hole this huge new entitlement will make.

The Govt has a big track record of underestimating cost on anything it does. Nothing it has its hand in is well run either.

We shall indeed see who is in the right and who was wrong in supporting this bs bill.

Wonder just who is on the wrong side of history???

Last edited:
It will be an interesting dynamic. The 30 million who are uninsured are probably underemployed. They are already recieving about 2/3 of the care they will recieve when they are covered, if they buy the insurance which is unlikely. They will more likely pay the $95.00 penalty due in the first year from their tax refund if they are due one, if not, no penalty and no punishment.

Wrong again my friend..

Those who are underemployed will now not have to make a choice between buying health insurance or paying the rent. They will not be penalized and will actually receive a subsidy to pay for the policy thay couldn't get before

A subsidy when you are unemployed or underemployed really doesn't help at all.

If I am unemployed (and I currently am) and the government comes along and says, "You now have to purchase health insurance... but we will subsidize 75% of the costs" that is still 25% that I must come up with. Unless the government subsidizes 100% of the cost for underemployed individuals this will hurt many who are barely able to pay the bills now.

My concern is for the people whose employers decide to drop health insurance benefits since it will now be possible for the individual to purchase his/her own insurance. Small businesses of less than 50 employees can do this and not be penalized at all. Those employees are going to suffer from this bill.

Immie

Forum List

Back