Another interesting health care poll

A lot of small businesses that have 60 employees are going to become small businesses with 50 or less employees.

Just sayin'.

It will be an interesting dynamic. The 30 million who are uninsured are probably underemployed. They are already recieving about 2/3 of the care they will recieve when they are covered, if they buy the insurance which is unlikely. They will more likely pay the $95.00 penalty due in the first year from their tax refund if they are due one, if not, no penalty and no punishment.

Wrong again my friend..

Those who are underemployed will now not have to make a choice between buying health insurance or paying the rent. They will not be penalized and will actually receive a subsidy to pay for the policy thay couldn't get before

A subsidy when you are unemployed or underemployed really doesn't help at all.

If I am unemployed (and I currently am) and the government comes along and says, "You now have to purchase health insurance... but we will subsidize 75% of the costs" that is still 25% that I must come up with. Unless the government subsidizes 100% of the cost for underemployed individuals this will hurt many who are barely able to pay the bills now.

My concern is for the people whose employers decide to drop health insurance benefits since it will now be possible for the individual to purchase his/her own insurance. Small businesses of less than 50 employees can do this and not be penalized at all. Those employees are going to suffer from this bill.

Immie

Don't worry Immie. LOL

Don't know how you will come up with the 25% you need to avoid the IRS but hey. Don't sweat the small stuff. Hell. THey will probably go after your unemployment check. Dirty Bastards. LOL

Last edited:
The Republican strategy for winning the 2010 elections hinged on two things

- The economy will fail

- Healthcare will fail

The strategy depended on Republicans doing nothing to prevent these things from happening

So far, the economy is recovering and it looks like jobs will be showing up by this summer (just in time for the elections). The Republicans will be held to their predictions of economic doom due to Democratic initiatives

Healthcare, as we know, has passed. This poll shows that it is not as unpopular with Americans as had been reported before the bill passed. Americans will find things in the bill that they like and do not want to give up. If the Republicans run on a "Repeal Healthcare" platform, they will be sent packing

Wrong again RW. What has happened is the Democrats have been painted as the party of we don't care what the public thinks, the healthcare bill will cost way more and not achieve the stated goals and most you unemployed still don'thave jobs. Frankly, I see no way for them to fix any of that before November. Your Japanese Zero is in a steep dive you can't pull out of in time. Enjoy the honor of your sacrifice.

Evidently they do care. That is how they got elected in the first place. Healthcare was high on every Democrats agenda. Predictions of a mass protest against healthcare have not come to pass and Americans will be fond of specific rights provided in this bill. Pre-existing condition coverage, end on annual and lifetime caps, open health insurance pools and coverage of children up to age 26 are immensely popular.
Now the Republicans have to threaten to take it away

Immie, the .2 or whatever is the result of rounding. The percents are rounded to the nearest number...which is why we never get polls saying 15.3 % yada yada yada. So when you figure backwards the people become .2s, etc.

Rounding works on the percentages but not on the "persons".

Supposedly 487.2 people of the 1160 surveyed approved of the bill. That does not work! You simply cannot divide people up in their opinions.

Immie

It will be an interesting dynamic. The 30 million who are uninsured are probably underemployed. They are already recieving about 2/3 of the care they will recieve when they are covered, if they buy the insurance which is unlikely. They will more likely pay the $95.00 penalty due in the first year from their tax refund if they are due one, if not, no penalty and no punishment.

Wrong again my friend..

Those who are underemployed will now not have to make a choice between buying health insurance or paying the rent. They will not be penalized and will actually receive a subsidy to pay for the policy thay couldn't get before

If I am unemployed (and I currently am) and the government comes along and says, "You now have to purchase health insurance... but we will subsidize 75% of the costs" that is still 25% that I must come up with. Unless the government subsidizes 100% of the cost for underemployed individuals this will hurt many who are barely able to pay the bills now.

My concern is for the people whose employers decide to drop health insurance benefits since it will now be possible for the individual to purchase his/her own insurance. Small businesses of less than 50 employees can do this and not be penalized at all. Those employees are going to suffer from this bill.

Immie

The loving, kind and caring government will just fine you $750 or more on your taxes for failing to carry the coverage. Hugs and kisses from your pals in DC.

Wrong again my friend..

Immie

Don't worry Immie. LOL

Don't know how you will come up with the 25% you need to avoid the IRS but hey. Don't sweat the small stuff. Hell. THey will probably go after your unemployment check. Dirty Bastards. LOL

Wrong again my friend..

Immie

The loving, kind and caring government will just fine you $750 or more on your taxes for failing to carry the coverage. Hugs and kisses from your pals in DC.

The part that worries me is that Nancy thinks it perfectly reasonable to haul my ass off to jail simply because I can't afford to buy Health Insurance at this moment in time. I wonder does that mean both my wife and I go to jail?

Immie

You know what would have been good for that?

A Public Option.

Just sayin'...

B'loney. Adding to the expense structure of a small business just causes them to reduce employees. We see that in the unemployment levels today.

A lot of small businesses that have 60 employees are going to become small businesses with 50 or less employees.

Just sayin'.

A Public Option.

Just sayin'...

Give it time. We need to let this plan take effect. Then once the insurance companies take advantage of the situation, we can implement a public option. I'm looking at 2013 or 2014

Yes, it does when the 40% who think the car has too many options are using the 20% who want more as part of their justification not to buy the car and get a different one with less options.

show me where they have used the 20% to say they want a car with less options....

all i've seen is using the 20% to say people don't want "this" bill, which thus makes true that the majority do not want "this" bill

Intent is subjective and the last thing I am going to do is play semantic games with you.

translation of A15 speak:

i can't prove my allegation so i will incorrectly whine about semantics

its not semantics, they either made the claim as you said, or they didn't....its dishonest to make the claim, and then when called on it, to claim its just semantics, either they did what you said in bold and underline, or they didn't. you throw semantics around all the time, its clear you have no concept of what semantics mean and use it as a wuss excuse to get out of admitting you're wrong

The majority of Americans favored the bill or something stronger.

The right was trying to lump people against it because it didn't go far enough into their camp.

Sorry, but that's incorrect...

It's been explained in Ravi's other thread she abandoned...

The majority of americans DO and DID favor reforming health care.

The majority of americans DIDN'T and DO NOT favor the bill that was just passed.

Semantics can be very deceptive.

and the majority of americans have no idea what's in the bill whether they are for or against, just what others tell them about it

After all these posts are said and done.......

WAIT until this BILL gets into HIGH GEAR and watch 10,000 and 1 interpretations of every line, every page of this, another piece of the New World Order puzzle. Confusion and chaos in determining who lives,dies or reveives any medical treatment, IF they can even get an appointment in a timely manner.

THEY, must have examined what DOESN'T work well in other countries and said, "That's What We Need", :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I certainly hope I am 100% wrong, I would prefer, for all our sakes, that someone, somewhere in this administration pull something out of their buttocks that works without regulating the masses into a 'freedomless' existence and broke to boot.

Funny how you guys failed to lie enough about the contents to defeat it.
Funny how you always manage to make yourself look like an asshole.
talking about yourself again

I'd rate that about a second grader's response.

Care to set some criteria for who ends up being right?

How about these?

1. Comes in under the $938b. price tag.
2. Helps reduce the deficit.
3. Limits those uninsured to under 20 million.
4. Reduces premiums.
5. Doesn't create rationing of care or longer wait times.
6. We still can pick who provides us insurance.

We can give these ten years. I wager not a single point is met.

Just sayin'.

A Public Option.

Just sayin'...

I don't think so, a Public Option would do nothing to prevent that.

In fact, what the public option would do, is to make it that much easier for employers to dump their health insurance benefits entirely into the laps of the employees. The easier it is for employers to dump health care into the laps of their employees the more of this kind of thing will happen.

One of the reasons that employers offer health insurance benefits is because of the difficulty and expense for the individual to go out and get their own insurance. Making it so that all the person has to do is go online, enter their Social Security Number and pay $1000+ for the first month's premium will eliminate that incentive. Employers will begin telling their employee's that they are on their own in regards to health insurance especially small businesses that employ less than 50 employees and will not be fined for not providing said insurance.

Boedicca is right. Employers who have a few more than 50 employees and think they might be able to do with fewer are going to start shedding employees and eliminating the health insurance benefit.

Immie

Just sayin'.

Its possible.... but it assumes that those extra 10 employees make no profit for the small business owner.

If so, they shouldn't have been hired in the first place

The majority of Americans favored the bill or something stronger.

The right was trying to lump people against it because it didn't go far enough into their camp.

Sorry, but that's incorrect...

It's been explained in Ravi's other thread she abandoned...

The majority of americans DO and DID favor reforming health care.

The majority of americans DIDN'T and DO NOT favor the bill that was just passed.

Semantics can be very deceptive.

Err, not according to Gallup:

uietbdz8hk6yhexwajrsia.gif

http://www.gallup.com/poll/126929/slim-margin-americans-support-healthcare-bill-passage.aspx

A Public Option.

Just sayin'...

B'loney. Adding to the expense structure of a small business just causes them to reduce employees. We see that in the unemployment levels today.

How exactly would a Public Option add to the expense structure of small businesses?

I am going to say this once, for your personal benefit Vast. The public option doesn't make your health care free. The most likely way to get the money will be a payroll tax like SS or Medicare which is paid 50% by the employer. The bulk of people work for small businesses.

Forum List

Back