Another idiot politician doesn't know how old the Earth is.

Anyone who believes the Earth is only 6000 years old is an idiot.
Neil Tyson 2016, Bill Nye VP. Calling it now.

Isn't all the anti-science butthurt around here amazing? Earth Age must be the Beckistani outrage du jour.

Regards from Rosie

I'll have to go find what Jilly posted in the other thread..

something about someone so ignorant how can they be trusted

Anybody who thinks they can say exactly how old the earth is, is an idiot. They can only estimate and no one can prove how accurate those estimates are.

It sure as hell isn't 6000 years old. It's at least 60 million years older than that. Hell, the fact that dinosaurs existed proves that the earth is at least as old as the first dinos.

Obama did not say young earth theology and science should be given equal time in the classroom.

Rubio did.

That is an important distinction.

Obama also stated unequviocally in his response that he believes in evolution.

Rubio did not.

Last edited:
Just watched this video. Obama was not asked how old the earth is. He was asked if the world was created in six days. He went in to say he did believe God created the universe and that there are those who read the bible literally and others metaphorically.

Strangely enough, I am willing to bet everyone who condemned Rubio will think this guy is a genius.

(2/5) Sen. Barack Obama at CNN Compassion Forum - YouTube

Slate has a nice story about the answers.

Rubio and Obama and the age of Earth: Politicians hedge about whether universe was created. - Slate Magazine

From the article:

Q: Senator, if one of your daughters asked you—and maybe they already have—“Daddy, did god really create the world in 6 days?,” what would you say?

A: What I've said to them is that I believe that God created the universe and that the six days in the Bible may not be six days as we understand it … it may not be 24-hour days, and that's what I believe. I know there's always a debate between those who read the Bible literally and those who don't, and I think it's a legitimate debate within the Christian community of which I'm a part. My belief is that the story that the Bible tells about God creating this magnificent Earth on which we live—that is essentially true, that is fundamentally true. Now, whether it happened exactly as we might understand it reading the text of the Bible: That, I don't presume to know.

So now we know, the liberal left thinks Obama is an idiot. Now if they would only admit it.

Thanks for the link, I can't rep you again.

My my one could get dizzy from reading all the spin here. Look unless one of us was there the moment the earth was created no one knows for sure how old it is and when you get right down to it it's a pretty irrelevant question.

Can someone give me the cliffs notes? Did he pull the "that's a question for the ages" nonsense?

Last 30 seconds of the clip...

What did he say that was so bad?

I think you guys THINK this is some sort of Gotcha. It's a big fat zero as far as I can see...

OMG the denial runs deep. Obama and Rubio said almost word for word the same exact thing. The same thing that in another thread Rubio is getting called all sorts of names.

Forum List

Back