another hypocrite runs for senate

If the Talking Point that wall street is greedy out of control scumbags, which warren uses, is true then yes its pretty inconceivable that they would put money against their own best interests.

Unless of corse they think that Warren will be better for them than Scott Brown.

Sorry, that's right wing hyperbole attributed to what people and Elizabeth Warren are talking about regarding income inequality, rampant and unrestrained WS speculation and no consumer protections.

Obviously there are folks working on Wall Street that see those things as bad for our economy and our country.

I think we'll get to see if she's better. :D

1) Its not right or left wing anything, its true. She rallies against wall street saying it is corrupt yet wall street is giving her money to try and beat Scott Brown. It has nothing to do with party politics as its just a fact

2) The fact that wall-street is donating money to her means that the wall-streeters who are donating to her think her decisions, as a senator, will be better for their income level than re-electing Scott Brown would be. Again this is not politics, its human nature this time.

Wall Street is giving her money? Link? And please don't try to sluff of DSCC money as "Wall Street" money.

All I have seen is a quote of her saying she wouldn't turn money down because there are people in the industry who want reform. Do you deny that? Is she a hypocrite for accepting my donation?

Scott Brown has accepted oodles of Wall Street money. Do you deny that?

Wall Street is pouring money his way to try to stop Warren from getting elected. Do you deny that?

The narrative floating around here is that she wants to take down Wall St. That she is anti-capitalism. How do you reconcile that narrative with this notion that she is now suddenly bought off by them?

Warren smartly refused to allow herself to be painted in a corner. Had she taken a pledge "not to accept Wall Street money" then there would people lining up to call her out as a hypocrite for taking money from people like me.

This "hypocrisy" claim is nothing but a fabrication.

I'm just a Joe Nobody at an investment firm but you can bet that people will be trying to paint her as a hypocrite if she says she refuses to take "Wall St money" yet there is records of her taking donations from little guys like me who work for banks and investment firms.

Like I said earlier in the thread, she is trying to avoid being painted into a corner.

Scott Brown is bathed in Wall St money. It is typical right wing campaign strategy to try to project your biggest weakness on to your opponent. We are witnessing that in this thread.

it's a typical political strategy to claim the high ground without justification as well. we are witnessing that in this thread.

all i know is that if i were running for office as the reforming scourge of wall st, i wouldn't take their money.

obviously, the professor is perfectly comfortable with it.

go figure

Exactly Del, Exactly the point of the thread and the issue with her hypocritical (in light of her positions) acceptance of their money.

And that's bull.

There are plenty of people who work in the industry who agree with her that reform is needed.

If the Talking Point that wall street is greedy out of control scumbags, which warren uses, is true then yes its pretty inconceivable that they would put money against their own best interests.

Unless of corse they think that Warren will be better for them than Scott Brown.

Sorry, that's right wing hyperbole attributed to what people and Elizabeth Warren are talking about regarding income inequality, rampant and unrestrained WS speculation and no consumer protections.

Obviously there are folks working on Wall Street that see those things as bad for our economy and our country.

1) Its not right or left wing anything, its true. She rallies against wall street saying it is corrupt yet wall street is giving her money to try and beat Scott Brown. It has nothing to do with party politics as its just a fact

2) The fact that wall-street is donating money to her means that the wall-streeters who are donating to her think her decisions, as a senator, will be better for their income level than re-electing Scott Brown would be. Again this is not politics, its human nature this time.

So you really think that it is inconceivable that there are people on Wall Street that believe Wall Street is corrupt? I don't. I'm sure there are plenty of people working on Wall Street that don't see their practices as good for the economy or good for our country. Those are the kind of people that will donate to Elizabeth Warren.

it's a typical political strategy to claim the high ground without justification as well. we are witnessing that in this thread.

all i know is that if i were running for office as the reforming scourge of wall st, i wouldn't take their money.

go figure

Exactly Del, Exactly the point of the thread and the issue with her hypocritical (in light of her positions) acceptance of their money.

And that's bull.

There are plenty of people who work in the industry who agree with her that reform is needed.

So you really think that it is inconceivable that there are people on Wall Street that believe Wall Street is corrupt? I don't. I'm sure there are plenty of people working on Wall Street that don't see their practices as good for the economy or good for our country. Those are the kind of people that will donate to Elizabeth Warren.

I have to hand it to you guys you have that talking point down solid ;)

I'll be back with the link later article, gotta go make some money.

And that's bull.

I have to hand it to you guys you have that talking point down solid ;)

I'll be back with the link later article, gotta go make some money.

PP you just don't get it.

There's Wall Street companies who will give $ to politicians who intend to decrease their profits.

There's politicians who use Wall Street companies to make money on their investments, but they want to pass regulation so the Wall Street companies lose money and their investments produce a worse return.

I mean geez, I thought all that was common sense........................

Exactly, and saying so is just hyperbolic rhetoric meant to smear someone as opposed to listening to and considering what they're actually saying. It's not honest.

It's like saying someone who wants campaign finance reform is against having elections.

not exactly

if she's serious about reforming wall st, she shouldn't take their money, imo.

the only people on wall st who might want reform are selling newspapers and hot dogs.

And what if she's taking money from Wall Streeters who also want reform?

my guess is she will win -- the numbers just favor her too much. she will also immediately become totally marginalized within the senate and of very little impact -- she is too shrill and strident. she will be very much like barbara mikulski. a loyal democrat vote but otherwise of ZERO consequence.

one thing about her famous pay more taxes rich people (whoever they are in her mind) because you all benefit from what society does - like roads police etc - and you couldnt make your money woithout that? Well other than the fact that the rich pay a dsiproprtionate share of income taxes, what aout all those people who have income but pay no income taxes? doesnt her argument logically lead to saying well anyone with any income should pay some income tax? lesss than thoise who make more but some? after all they are benefitin from the roads and police too.

Corrupt? No, but when they are literally falling all over themselves to give him money it gives me plenty reason to question who's best interests he is more concerned it.

So it's acceptable support for 'reform' when donating to the Democrats, and corruption when donating to a Republican.

Got it.

How about addressing what I said, CG, instead of what you wanted to hear?

Here it is again:

Corrupt? No, but when they are literally falling all over themselves to give him money it gives me plenty reason to question who's best interests he is more concerned it.
Scott Brown saved Wall Street $20 Billion in new fees. He is firmly in their pockets. Donating a few million to his campaign is a VERY good investment.

Brown threatens 'no' on Wall St. bill - Chris Frates - POLITICO.com

Elizabeth Warren — who hauled in an eye-popping $5.7 million the last three months of 2011 — refused to swear off Wall Street money yesterday, instead claiming that any money she gets from deep-pocketed financiers is coming from those who “want reform.”

“There are people on Wall Street who actually believe we need better rules, fairer rules,” Warren said last night as she toured small businesses in Davis Square in Somerville

did she say that with a straight face? :lol:

Elizabeth Warren out-raises Scott Brown, defends $$ - BostonHerald.com

She gon' win. And she should win.

Well, if we take him at his word, our own Article 15 for one.

:D

I'm just a Joe Nobody at an investment firm but you can bet that people will be trying to paint her as a hypocrite if she says she refuses to take "Wall St money" yet there is records of her taking donations from little guys like me who work for banks and investment firms.

Like I said earlier in the thread, she is trying to avoid being painted into a corner.

Scott Brown is bathed in Wall St money. It is typical right wing campaign strategy to try to project your biggest weakness on to your opponent. We are witnessing that in this thread.

go figure
You are lumping all of Wall Street together as one monolithic entity.

No lumping!!!

Forum List

Back