another hypocrite runs for senate

^ no, because wallstreet is not some big conglomerate "it," it's a whole fuck ton of individuals and groups, and not everyone banking off of it is using unethical means. It's not all black and white like you're obviously seeing it as, there's so many shades of gray there.

Funny, the people i hear bitching about wall street never give specific companies.

And they certainly never inform us of which ones they're unwilling to invest in or receive donations from.

Just more blind faith in politicians you don't know in order to believe that.

^ now you're disengenuously ascribing blind faith in politicians to me,

but anyways - it's the rules that are the problem with Wallstreet.

I didn't mean you personally, blind partisans in general.

Maybe you are one, maybe you aren't, haven't talked to you enough to know.

Elizabeth Warren — who hauled in an eye-popping $5.7 million the last three months of 2011 — refused to swear off Wall Street money yesterday, instead claiming that any money she gets from deep-pocketed financiers is coming from those who “want reform.”

“There are people on Wall Street who actually believe we need better rules, fairer rules,” Warren said last night as she toured small businesses in Davis Square in Somerville

did she say that with a straight face? :lol:

Elizabeth Warren out-raises Scott Brown, defends $$ - BostonHerald.com

I wonder if this will come up in the campaign?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOz1CMfXUM]Scott Brown: "Thank God" Elizabeth Warren didn't take her clothes off - YouTube[/ame]

not exactly

if she's serious about reforming wall st, she shouldn't take their money, imo.

the only people on wall st who might want reform are selling newspapers and hot dogs.

Or at the very least, if she's going to take donations from Wall Street, her supporters should stop pretending that her opponents are necessarily corrupt for doing the very same thing...

Corrupt? No, but when they are literally falling all over themselves to give him money it gives me plenty reason to question who's best interests he is more concerned it.

it's no different than warren, or obama for that matter.

Or at the very least, if she's going to take donations from Wall Street, her supporters should stop pretending that her opponents are necessarily corrupt for doing the very same thing...

Corrupt? No, but when they are literally falling all over themselves to give him money it gives me plenty reason to question who's best interests he is more concerned it.

it's no different than warren, or obama for that matter.

Truth be told its no different at all. Why are they falling all over warren too?

Funny, the people i hear bitching about wall street never give specific companies.

And they certainly never inform us of which ones they're unwilling to invest in or receive donations from.

Just more blind faith in politicians you don't know in order to believe that.

^ now you're disengenuously ascribing blind faith in politicians to me,

but anyways - it's the rules that are the problem with Wallstreet.

I didn't mean you personally, blind partisans in general.

Maybe you are one, maybe you aren't, haven't talked to you enough to know.

He's not. There most certainly are blind partisans on this board, but GT ain't one of 'em.

Exactly, and saying so is just hyperbolic rhetoric meant to smear someone as opposed to listening to and considering what they're actually saying. It's not honest.

It's like saying someone who wants campaign finance reform is against having elections.

not exactly

the only people on wall st who might want reform are selling newspapers and hot dogs.

youb know... that's all well and good. the problem is that we can't have campaign finance reform and until we do (not that that can happen b/c of citizen's united, but...) you don't win elections without having money. it's really that simple. you'd have to be a moron to turn down money. it's like telling your opponent... no, you take the win, i'm not serious...

and elizabeth warren isn't stupid.

It's like saying someone who wants campaign finance reform is against having elections.

not exactly

youb know... that's all well and good. the problem is that we can't have campaign finance reform and until we do (not that that can happen b/c of citizen's united, but...) you don't win elections without having money. it's really that simple. you'd have to be a moron to turn down money. it's like telling your opponent... no, you take the win, i'm not serious...

and there's nowhere else to get money, right?

not exactly

Great. I'm gonna remember you said this.... and when the left start melting about GOP candidates taking money from Wall St, I am gonna expect to see you say the same thing. Don't let me down, mo chara.

not exactly

As long as you're the voter who isn't too worried about your politician's principles.

Or if you really think that all the investments big corporations make in politicians, that they dont' get a good return. In other words that they're just idiots paying for their own demise.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBtwOf3fgM]Elizabeth Warren Takes Credit For Occupy Protests - YouTube[/ame]

The above leads to the below ;)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5AN_Is_dzQ]Anti-Elizabeth Warren Occupy Wall Street Ad - YouTube[/ame]

Elizabeth Warren — who hauled in an eye-popping $5.7 million the last three months of 2011 — refused to swear off Wall Street money yesterday, instead claiming that any money she gets from deep-pocketed financiers is coming from those who “want reform.”

“There are people on Wall Street who actually believe we need better rules, fairer rules,” Warren said last night as she toured small businesses in Davis Square in Somerville

That's crazy talk. Everyone knows Wall Street is full of greed driven crooks.

So your strategy in this issue is to vote for people who make money of these crook's greed and who take the money from these crook's bounty?

So your strategy in this issue is to vote for people who make money of these crook's greed and who take the money from these crook's bounty?
I don't know which companies donated to her. There is a possibility she is being truthful, shocking in a politician though it may be.

Not to mention that just because someone tries to buy your vote doesn't mean it is bought.

not exactly

Great. I'm gonna remember you said this.... and when the left start melting about GOP candidates taking money from Wall St, I am gonna expect to see you say the same thing. Don't let me down, mo chara.

the koch bros.......?

;)

Forum List

Back