another hypocrite runs for senate

youb know... that's all well and good. the problem is that we can't have campaign finance reform and until we do (not that that can happen b/c of citizen's united, but...) you don't win elections without having money. it's really that simple. you'd have to be a moron to turn down money. it's like telling your opponent... no, you take the win, i'm not serious...

and elizabeth warren isn't stupid.

Not stupid, just a whore and a hypocrite.

SOP for a democrat.

youb know... that's all well and good. the problem is that we can't have campaign finance reform and until we do (not that that can happen b/c of citizen's united, but...) you don't win elections without having money. it's really that simple. you'd have to be a moron to turn down money. it's like telling your opponent... no, you take the win, i'm not serious...

and elizabeth warren isn't stupid.

Great. I'm gonna remember you said this.... and when the left start melting about GOP candidates taking money from Wall St, I am gonna expect to see you say the same thing. Don't let me down, mo chara.

the koch bros.......?

;)

No more holding the "Koch Brothers" over teapartiers heads for Jillian :D

Would Warren accept money from Bain Capital?..... :eusa_whistle:

Seems she is accepting money from people on wall street who are strangely eager to donate to her.

Is it really inconceivable that some on Wall Street actually support WS reform?

If the Talking Point that wall street is greedy out of control scumbags, which warren uses, is true then yes its pretty inconceivable that they would put money against their own best interests.

Unless of corse they think that Warren will be better for them than Scott Brown.

Seems she is accepting money from people on wall street who are strangely eager to donate to her.

If the Talking Point that wall street is greedy out of control scumbags, which warren uses, is true then yes its pretty inconceivable that they would put money against their own best interests.

Unless of corse they think that Warren will be better for them than Scott Brown.

Sorry, that's right wing hyperbole attributed to what people and Elizabeth Warren are talking about regarding income inequality, rampant and unrestrained WS speculation and no consumer protections.

Obviously there are folks working on Wall Street that see those things as bad for our economy and our country.

I think we'll get to see if she's better. :D

Sorry, that's right wing hyperbole attributed to what people and Elizabeth Warren are talking about regarding income inequality, rampant and unrestrained WS speculation and no consumer protections.

Obviously there are folks working on Wall Street that see those things as bad for our economy and our country.

name two

name two

Well, if we take him at his word, our own Article 15 for one.

:D

Or at the very least, if she's going to take donations from Wall Street, her supporters should stop pretending that her opponents are necessarily corrupt for doing the very same thing...

Corrupt? No, but when they are literally falling all over themselves to give him money it gives me plenty reason to question who's best interests he is more concerned it.

So it's acceptable support for 'reform' when donating to the Democrats, and corruption when donating to a Republican.

Got it.

How about addressing what I said, CG, instead of what you wanted to hear?

Here it is again:

Corrupt? No, but when they are literally falling all over themselves to give him money it gives me plenty reason to question who's best interests he is more concerned it.

name two

I'm just a Joe Nobody at an investment firm but you can bet that people will be trying to paint her as a hypocrite if she says she refuses to take "Wall St money" yet there is records of her taking donations from little guys like me who work for banks and investment firms.

Like I said earlier in the thread, she is trying to avoid being painted into a corner.

Scott Brown is bathed in Wall St money. It is typical right wing campaign strategy to try to project your biggest weakness on to your opponent. We are witnessing that in this thread.

I'm just a Joe Nobody at an investment firm but you can bet that people will be trying to paint her as a hypocrite if she says she refuses to take "Wall St money" yet there is records of her taking donations from little guys like me who work for banks and investment firms.

Like I said earlier in the thread, she is trying to avoid being painted into a corner.

Scott Brown is bathed in Wall St money. It is typical right wing campaign strategy to try to project your biggest weakness on to your opponent. We are witnessing that in this thread.

it's a typical political strategy to claim the high ground without justification as well. we are witnessing that in this thread.

all i know is that if i were running for office as the reforming scourge of wall st, i wouldn't take their money.

obviously, the professor is perfectly comfortable with it.

go figure

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but the Herald aside from other right wing sites that link back to the Herald. The video clip does not have her saying what the article said she said, in other words, nothing about her accepting donations from Wall Street.

:eusa_eh:

1) Its not right or left wing anything, its true. She rallies against wall street saying it is corrupt yet wall street is giving her money to try and beat Scott Brown. It has nothing to do with party politics as its just a fact

2) The fact that wall-street is donating money to her means that the wall-streeters who are donating to her think her decisions, as a senator, will be better for their income level than re-electing Scott Brown would be. Again this is not politics, its human nature this time.

it's a typical political strategy to claim the high ground without justification as well. we are witnessing that in this thread.

all i know is that if i were running for office as the reforming scourge of wall st, i wouldn't take their money.

obviously, the professor is perfectly comfortable with it.

go figure

Exactly Del, Exactly the point of the thread and the issue with her hypocritical (in light of her positions) acceptance of their money.

Forum List

Back