Another gun free zone tragedy the city of New York

End gun free zones and you will stop mass shootings

First off the only mass shooting was done by the police. And not being a gun free zone wouldn't have prevented it. Besides what would you rather have seen. 50 people in a wildwest shootout in the middle of rush hour?

Big mistake, how many mass shootings do you have at places you expect to be armed?

I'm sure somebody already made this point, and I'm sure it'll fly right over your flat head; but, isn't legal to carry firearms in Aurora, CO?

:eusa_whistle:

Cue the "But but but, guns weren't allowed in the theater" defense in 3...2...1...

how many mass shootings do you have at places you expect people to be armed?

Last edited:

First off the only mass shooting was done by the police. And not being a gun free zone wouldn't have prevented it. Besides what would you rather have seen. 50 people in a wildwest shootout in the middle of rush hour?

Where is your proof that had one of the bystanders been carrying there would have been a "Wild West" shootout? You people always claim that's what's going to happen if more people are carrying guns, yet you cannot point to one single example of where it has ever happened anywhere.

Your false assumption aside, you're correct that the shooting was done 100% by the NYPD and this was not a gun free zone. The OP failed.

Once again he did not commit a mass shooting. He had one specific target that he was going to eliminate. Nothing would have deterred him from it.

Where is your proof that had one of the bystanders been carrying there would have been a "Wild West" shootout? You people always claim that's what's going to happen if more people are carrying guns, yet you cannot point to one single example of where it has ever happened anywhere.

I neither said or claimed either.

Last edited:

I'm sure somebody already made this point, and I'm sure it'll fly right over your flat head; but, isn't legal to carry firearms in Aurora, CO?

Cue the "But but but, guns weren't allowed in the theater" defense in 3...2...1...

how many mass shootings do you have at places you expect to be armed?

The common flaw in your logic is assuming that people carrying out mass shootings give two shits about someone else having a gun.

It won't do a damn thing to stop the ones that plan to off themselves anyway, now will it?

Someone else answer this, BigDerp1775 has be on ignore.

Once again he did not commit a mass shooting. He had one specific target that he was going to eliminate. Nothing would have deterred him from it.

Not the point you went their with this

And not being a gun free zone wouldn't have prevented it. Besides what would you rather have seen. 50 people in a wildwest shootout in the middle of rush hour?

Name one mass shooting that happened outside a gun free zone?

The common flaw in your logic is assuming that people carrying out mass shootings give two shits about someone else having a gun.

It won't do a damn thing to stop the ones that plan to off themselves anyway, now will it?

Stupid as usual I see

Fort Hood.

Foot Hood was a gun free zone, weapons are not allowed to be carried about the base, they go from the armory to the range and back to the armory.

III Corps & FH Reg 190-11
Weapons
This administrative revision dated 13 October 2010 –
 Adds the following statement to paragraph 5d and figure B-1. “Under no circumstances will weapons be loaded when being transported by vehicle. Ammunition will be removed from the weapon and stored separately at all times.”

Authorized Weapons in the custody of a person or in a vehicle (as specified in
activities paragraphs 5d and 5e) may be transported on Fort Hood under the
following conditions:
 Permanent or temporary removal from Fort Hood due to transfer,
sale, or repair.
 Transportation from on or off-post storage area to on-post location
of legal activities such as:
 Hunting
 Target shooting
 Performing duties as a member of and related to the Cattlemen's
Association.
• Other authorized sporting events in which the weapon is used in connection with competition or as part of a legitimate display.
 Transportation from place of purchase or acquisition to an authorized storage area.
 Traveling through Fort Hood from an off-post location to another off-post location (example: Killeen to Gatesville via Fort Hood).
 Traveling to Fort Hood for any other lawful or authorized purpose.
http://www.hood.army.mil/dhr/pubs/fhr190-11.pdf

Stupid as usual I see

You took me off of ignore! You're almost a grown-up now. :thup:

Speaking of stupid, what was up with that question you just asked me?

Do you remember the Ft Hood shooting? I think there were other people with firearms in the area.

So how 'bout online and gunshow background checks and one gun 1 month limit so NYC isn't flooded with illegal guns from a-hole red states? Commie, I know, just crazy...

Stupid as usual I see

You took me off of ignore! You're almost a grown-up now. :thup:

Speaking of stupid, what was up with that question you just asked me?

Do you remember the Ft Hood shooting? I think there were other people with firearms in the area.

Fort hood is a gun free zone.

Oh I see. If the definition of something doesn't help you change it. You must have loved Bill Clinton.

Thank God we have trained professionals who would never accidently shoot a bystander.

2 dead, 9 wounded in Empire State Building shootings, police say

New York (CNN) -- A disgruntled former apparel designer was killed Friday morning in a hail of police gunfire in front of the Empire State Building after he shot and killed a co-worker and engaged in a gunbattle with two officers, authorities said.
At least nine others were wounded in the incident as the officers unloaded 14 rounds at the gunman, who apparently turned his weapon against them in one of Manhattan's busiest neighborhoods.
The violence erupted just as visitors began to queue up to ascend the famous New York skyscraper.
Police identified the shooter as 58-year-old Jeffrey Johnson, who was apparently laid off from his job as a designer of women's accessories at Hazan Import last year.

2 dead, 9 wounded in Empire State Building shootings, police say - CNN.com

So where do you get this was a "gun free" zone?

Incidently, it seems most of those who were wounded were hit by police bullets.

So by liberal "logic", we should disarm law enforcement...

how many mass shootings do you have at places you expect people to be armed?

Answer the question. Are not concealed guns permitted in Aurora, CO?

Forum List

Back