Debbra Wasserman Schutz Lies About Misquoting LA Times Article

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
knowyourrulingclassdebbiewassermanschultz.jpg

Wasserman Schultz Refuses to Acknowledge She’s Misquoting the LA Times After Baffled Cooper Calls Her Out

Regardless of whether or not you agree with Anderson Cooper’s politics, the guy is arguably one of the last real journalists left in the mainstream media. During his CNN show on Thursday, the host proved that during his “Keeping Them Honest” segment where he ripped into Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) for “misquoting” a Los Angeles Times article in a fundraising email, in which she attempted to tie GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s abortion stance to Rep. Todd Akin’s. Akin came under fire this week from all sides for arguing that women’s bodies can prevent pregnancies in cases of “legitimate rape.”

Cooper was persistent in trying to coax an apology out of Schultz, but she remained defiant throughout the entire segment.

The email in question argued that the GOP “just voted to embrace Akin’s position by including a constitutional ban on all abortions — even in cases of rape or incest — in their 2012 platform.”

Schultz also criticizes Romney and his running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) in the email for “saying they don’t entirely agree with that plank.” Cooper then addressed the LA Times quote that Schultz used to make her point, which he says she “misquoted.” From the email:

“…but guess what? The Los Angeles Times reported yesterday that the platform was, and I quote, ‘written at the direction of Romney’s campaign.’”​

Those exact words did actually appear in the LA Times, Cooper explained, but Schultz took them “completely out of context.”

Now, here is the entire paragraph that was printed in the Times earlier this week:

There is no doubt about who is in charge, of course. Delegates for presumptive nominee Mitt Romney are voting down substantive changes to the platform language that was written at the direction of Romney’s campaign. The biggest question is whether the tone remains polite, as it was at the outset of two days of deliberations, or whether dissenters spoil the image of harmony that the Romney campaign is working hard to produce.​

You see, the Times article is saying the Romney campaign helped make suggestions for the GOP platform, but it makes no mention of abortion policy. Cooper confronted Schultz for taking the quote out of context to further her own political agenda.

“First, the abortion language in the 2012 platform, it hardly differs from the 2008 language and the 2004 language in the platform. That language obviously wasn’t written by the Romney campaign,” Cooper said, adding that a CNN reporter was present while the platform was being crafted and he said Romney advisers didn’t make suggestions on abortion plan.

“Factually speaking, Mitt Romney did not design or direct the writing of the Republican Party platform… you can’t say they designed the abortion section,” Cooper continued.

It seemed obvious enough that Schultz had been caught bending the truth to smear the Romney campaign. Surely she would apologize, right? Not even close.

“Anderson, we definitely can say it,” Schultz replied, then trying to justify her allegation by saying Romney has “embraced” the party’s platform. Wasserman Schultz Refuses to Acknowledge She

That video is hilarious. I love the "It doesn't matter" quote in there. What she is saying is that doesn't matter that shes a liar about this, the Liberals will eat it up and believe it because they don't look for other sources.

That video is hilarious. I love the "It doesn't matter" quote in there. What she is saying is that doesn't matter that shes a liar about this, the Liberals will eat it up and believe it because they don't look for other sources.

Yep.

I loved watching Wolf Blitzer make her look like an ass over the Ryan/Medicare Debate. Not like Wolf is a big con or something lol, and he just kept saying, I am sorry that is not true, the ryan plan does not change things for those 55 and over, and she kept saying that's not true!! lol

Pathetic.

Is the "personhood amendment" still part of the republican platform?

Yes or no?

Whether Romney wrote it (or not), he inherits it, en toto.

That is the issue (not mis-quoting the Times).

What you witnessed is the liberal way. What they say is not a lie as long as it is in line with what they believe or WANT to believe. So in that regard, considering they believe the ends justify the means and they really want to believe what they are saying, are they lying or are they just delusional?

What you witnessed is the liberal way. What they say is not a lie as long as it is in line with what they believe or WANT to believe. So in that regard, considering they believe the ends justify the means and they really want to believe what they are saying, are they lying or are they just delusional?

A lot of both! This clip is priceless. She's told some whoppers in the past but to be called out with proof on a national cable network and to actually say lying doesn't matter is just a beyond belief. What a bottom dweller.

This comment from a reader hits it on the head:

SHIROI RAION
Posted on August 24, 2012 at 10:12am
Not a sociopath, but very close to it. She’s not anti-social, but the other qualities describe her quite well.
1) No sense of right or wrong.
2) Manipulative.
3) Doesn’t care if others are hurt as long as she gets what she wants.
No one can tell lies better than a sociopath because they see other people more like objects or annoyances, but she‘s odd in that she doesn’t even acknowledge that she has been caught in her lies.
Famous sociopaths: Billy the Kid, Hitler, Stalin, Jeffery Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Drew Peterson

Last edited:

Excuse me? Regardless, we all know that it's not a lie if you believe it . . . .

Excuse me? Regardless, we all know that it's not a lie if you believe it . . . .

Here's another Lib winner:

Martin Bashir Yells at Trey Hardin Over Gen. Dempsey Quote | Video | TheBlaze.com

He suddenly develops morals when it's to his advantage. He's another Soledad...when they don't cowtow...cut their mic. That's one way of winning a debate.

Last edited:

I always console myself with Option Z ."Batshit crazy". They must be. JFK and Bobby are spinnng as I type.

I swear Joy Behar's writing her lines.

I always console myself with Option Z ."Batshit crazy". They must be. JFK and Bobby are spinnng as I type.

I swear Joy Behar's writing her lines.

Give it time and he defenders will be here shortly talking about Romney and making comparisons when this is about a bold-faced liar.

The face of the Democrat Party...:confused:

Last edited:

Is it a lie if the person telling it is merely delusional and believes what they are saying is true? Is it a lie if someone believes something is true and it is not? As in WMD which we all believed were in Iraq and history has shown they were but not in the amount we thought? Or is what Debbie did outright lying? I was giving her the benefit of the doubt in saying she was not dishonest, merely mentally dysfunctional. She has a very bad case of the mental disorder which is liberalism.

Forum List

Back