Another Fox Reporter trashes Obama

In mid-February 1968, on the urging of his executive producer Ernest Leiser, Cronkite and Leiser journeyed to Vietnam to cover the aftermath of the Tet Offensive. They were invited to dine with General Creighton Abrams, the current commander of all forces in Vietnam, whom Cronkite knew from World War II. According to Leiser, Abrams told Cronkite, "we cannot win this Goddamned war, and we ought to find a dignified way out."[33]

Upon return, Cronkite and Leiser wrote separate editorial reports based on that trip. Cronkite, an excellent writer, preferred Leiser's text over his own.[33] On February 27, 1968, Cronkite closed "Report from Vietnam: Who, What, When, Where, Why?" with that editorial report:

We have been too often disappointed by the optimism of the American leaders, both in Vietnam and Washington, to have faith any longer in the silver linings they find in the darkest clouds.

They may be right, that Hanoi's winter-spring offensive has been forced by the Communist realization that they could not win the longer war of attrition, and that the Communists hope that any success in the offensive will improve their position for eventual negotiations.

It would improve their position, and it would also require our realization, that we should have had all along, that any negotiations must be that – negotiations, not the dictation of peace terms.

For it seems now more certain than ever that the bloody experience of Vietnam is to end in a stalemate.

This summer's almost certain standoff will either end in real give-and-take negotiations or terrible escalation; and for every means we have to escalate, the enemy can match us, and that applies to invasion of the North, the use of nuclear weapons, or the mere commitment of one hundred, or two hundred, or three hundred thousand more American troops to the battle. And with each escalation, the world comes closer to the brink of cosmic disaster.

To say that we are closer to victory today is to believe, in the face of the evidence, the optimists who have been wrong in the past.

To suggest we are on the edge of defeat is to yield to unreasonable pessimism.

To say that we are mired in stalemate seems the only realistic, yet unsatisfactory, conclusion.

On the off chance that military and political analysts are right, in the next few months we must test the enemy's intentions, in case this is indeed his last big gasp before negotiations.

But it is increasingly clear to this reporter that the only rational way out then will be to negotiate, not as victors, but as an honorable people who lived up to their pledge to defend democracy, and did the best they could.[34]​

Following Cronkite's editorial report, President Lyndon Johnson is claimed by some to have said, "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost Middle America."[35][36]

Walter Cronkite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chris Matthews "thrill up my leg" reaction to Obama's election in 2008.

[ame=http://youtu.be/no9fpKVXxCc]Chris Matthews' thrill up leg - YouTube[/ame]

Once the thrill is gone, you KNOW yo shit is old!

Obama is startin to smell like day old fish.

"B-but .. but but ... it's a "liburrul media"! :crybaby:

Another chink in the myth huh? It's freaking hilarious that y'all are just now figuring this out, and yet still denying it.

You know what's coming...

575042_504320486270904_1139964968_n.png

Keep 'em coming. I have 496 more uses on that image license. :thup:

Last edited:

Another chink in the myth huh? It's freaking hilarious that y'all are just now figuring this out, and yet still denying it.

Funny how no one but you mentioned "librul media." What do you call that when I do that? And didn't I already point out to you that Keynes didn't actually say the quote you keep attributing to him?

By the way, since this thread is about the claim from your side that Fox News is the only one saying anything bad about the trade, and it must be because they hate Obama for being black, what the fuck is your point anyway?

By the way, since this thread is about the claim from your side that Fox News is the only one saying anything bad about the trade, and it must be because they hate Obama for being black, what the fuck is your point anyway?

My "side"?
rofl.gif

Now that's funny, seeing as how you clearly have no clue what my "side" is.

I didn't bring up Fox Noise, Strawman-boi. Or anything about anybody "being black" -- nor have I ever made either of those claims of causation anywhere anytime.
What the fuck is your point?

Funny how no one but you mentioned "librul media." What do you call that when I do that?

Like you did/didn't do here only hours ago?? Oooopsie.

And didn't I already point out to you that Keynes didn't actually say the quote you keep attributing to him?

And didn't I already note the paraphrase --and the original quote -- in that same thread? The memory is the second thing to go....

Note for those suffering from the intellectual bends -- John Maynard Keynes is not the point. The maxim in the quote is.

Last edited:

My "side"?
rofl.gif

Now that's funny, seeing as how you clearly have no clue what my "side" is.

I didn't bring up Fox Noise, Strawman-boi. Or anything about anybody "being black" -- nor have I ever made either of those claims of causation anywhere anytime.
What the fuck is your point?

Funny how no one but you mentioned "librul media." What do you call that when I do that?

Like you did/didn't do here only hours ago?? Oooopsie.

And didn't I already point out to you that Keynes didn't actually say the quote you keep attributing to him?

And didn't I already note the paraphrase --and the original quote -- in that same thread? The memory is the second thing to go....

Must be your side since you took exception to the thread and went off on a tangent about the "librul media." Why would you do that unless you have an agenda? Sheer stupidity?

Note for those suffering from the intellectual bends -- John Maynard Keynes is not the point. The maxim in the quote is.

Note for the idiots, it is not a quote. The fact that you keep calling it a quote after I point that out just proves how inept you are at adapting to reality when presented with contradictory evidence.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back