Another Death attributed to Marijuana?

Now why would you wish death on someone you don't even know. Or, are you volunteering?
Sex isn't death you retard.
YOU are the one wishing death on millions of people, Stalin.
It depends on the sex doesn't it? It depends on who with doesn't it?

The only help for drug addicts is execution. It worked in China until they discovered slavery and it is working in the Philippines.
Sex doesn't usually kill people. STDs do.
See? STFU

But you did say I needed to get laid which entitles me to use any degree of self defense up to and including deadly force. So there is sex that kills people
Again. Are you volunteering?
:lol:
I cant do this anymore. You are retarded as fuck.
You aren't volunteering? But it was your idea!

No one ever got into an accident because of a cup of coffee.

This is what hard core drug addicts say. Everything justifies drug use. Coffee, candy bars, soda everything is just the same as pot, meth and heroin. That's when a person has to realize that the rational part of that addict has been taken over by the addiction. There is really no use even trying.

Those who justify their drug use by such contrivances are not candidates for rehab. As long as they are justifying they are sent home. Part of the process of getting clean is recognizing the reality of drugs and the nature of addiction.
You shouldnt talk about drugs. You simply arent knowledgeable enough on the subject and now youre embarrassing yourself as a result.
That's what all addicts say. No one knows as much as a drug addict.
You see, this is what I'm talking about. Weed doesn't have addictive properties, yet here you are proclaiming that it does. You're ignorant on the subject.

I don't think it causes the same
"dependence" in the same way that marijuana does.
Or the "increased paranoia" mentality that correlates with marijuana users.

Maybe if coffee were illegal and politicized,
and coffee users became involved in "anti govt" and "pro/anti legalization"
conflicts and mass movements, we might see the same "personality changes" in coffee drinkers as with pot users or smokers who start feeling "targeted" collectively.
Caffeine is VERY addictive.
In fact, from a scientific POV, pot is less addictive than tobacco. And TONS less destructive.
BTW, most addiction stems from a disorder. Also scientific..

No one said it wasn't addictive, only that is wasn't mind altering. No one has jumped off of a building after five cups of coffee.
The link I provided shows you are wrong. I have about 75 more.
Prove it.

Dear TNHarley and TooTall
I think you both need to be more specific.

The dependence/addictive condition of
coffee is "not the same" as with alcohol,
tobacco, or marijuana.

You can get addicted and dependent on coffee
and it isn't the same as the issue with marijuana.

You are like arguing if wine and water are both wet, instead of arguing about the alcohol content that is the distinguishing factor.

Here is the difference that I found.

Cannabis is a hallucinogen and comes from a plant named Cannabis sativa. Its active ingredient is THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).

Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant.
smoked pot a lot back when....never hallucinated.....

This is what hard core drug addicts say. Everything justifies drug use. Coffee, candy bars, soda everything is just the same as pot, meth and heroin. That's when a person has to realize that the rational part of that addict has been taken over by the addiction. There is really no use even trying.

Those who justify their drug use by such contrivances are not candidates for rehab. As long as they are justifying they are sent home. Part of the process of getting clean is recognizing the reality of drugs and the nature of addiction.
Maybe tipsycatlover should get laid so she will lighten the fuck up. That corncob up her ass isn't doing her any favors.
Now why would you wish death on someone you don't even know. Or, are you volunteering?
why would you?....

You shouldnt talk about drugs. You simply arent knowledgeable enough on the subject and now youre embarrassing yourself as a result.
you sure as hell dont know much....you cant even prove the bullshit you spout...

Maybe tipsycatlover should get laid so she will lighten the fuck up. That corncob up her ass isn't doing her any favors.

The only help for drug addicts is execution. It worked in China until they discovered slavery and it is working in the Philippines.
See? STFU
she would not know,she hates sex....besides out side of a drunk who would fuck this?...

See? STFU
she would not know,she hates sex....besides out side of a drunk who would fuck this?...
No one who values their next breath. It might be fun for me. For you, not so much.

You see, this is what I'm talking about. Weed doesn't have addictive properties, yet here you are proclaiming that it does. You're ignorant on the subject.
Have you listened to yourself or to any of the other addict? Classic justification of addictive behavior.

No one said it wasn't addictive, only that is wasn't mind altering. No one has jumped off of a building after five cups of coffee.
Prove it.

tobacco, or marijuana.

You are like arguing if wine and water are both wet, instead of arguing about the alcohol content that is the distinguishing factor.
You don't get addicted to pot. Caffeine is mind altering. Just the way it is
And pot doesn't make people kill themselves. That is ridiculous

Cannabis is a hallucinogen and comes from a plant named Cannabis sativa. Its active ingredient is THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).

http://www.nd.gov.hk/text/en/public/pdf/udap_cannabis.pdf

I know it is but it doesn't cause people to kill themselves. Pot isn't LSD. They even say the reason a lot of people don't get high the first time they smoke is because they were anticipating more than they got. Like the weed actually let them down.. They were high but they couldn't tell.
Caffeine is mind altering, PERIOD. That's why they tell recovering junkies/abusers not to drink it. For some it helps with the cravings, but for some it causes relapse.
Regular caffeine use actually alters your brains chemical make up.
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2008/04/caffeine.aspx
This Is How Your Brain Becomes Addicted to Caffeine | Science | Smithsonian
Want more?

"When cannabis is smoked, the active ingredient (THC) rapidly enters the blood stream and is quickly carried to the brain. The effect is generally more intense and shorter than when cannabis is taken orally. After taking the drug, the gloomy depressed mood may be worsened rather than be removed. After the first few puffs, people:

become more relaxed and physically inactive, become talkative, laugh easily and feel less inhibited. Sometimes become more inward looking. Experience changes - the perception of time goes slower - the perception of space, perspectives and distances becomes distorted - the senses become sharper, have reduced concentration and impaired memory and judgement, show reduced ability to process information or perform complicated activities like driving a car or using machinery, show inability to balance, especially when standing, have a more rapid heart rate, increased appetite, dryness of mouth and throat, reddening of the eyes and drowsiness, feeling of confusion and anxiety

More severe symptoms sometimes arise with regular heavy use. These might be: depression and extreme suspicion of others nervousness, irritability and short temper, bronchitis. Conjunctivitis, endocrine disorder."

Prove it.

tobacco, or marijuana.

You don't get addicted to pot. Caffeine is mind altering. Just the way it is
And pot doesn't make people kill themselves. That is ridiculous

http://www.nd.gov.hk/text/en/public/pdf/udap_cannabis.pdf

I know it is but it doesn't cause people to kill themselves. Pot isn't LSD. They even say the reason a lot of people don't get high the first time they smoke is because they were anticipating more than they got. Like the weed actually let them down.. They were high but they couldn't tell.
Caffeine is mind altering, PERIOD. That's why they tell recovering junkies/abusers not to drink it. For some it helps with the cravings, but for some it causes relapse.
Regular caffeine use actually alters your brains chemical make up.
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2008/04/caffeine.aspx
This Is How Your Brain Becomes Addicted to Caffeine | Science | Smithsonian
Want more?

"When cannabis is smoked, the active ingredient (THC) rapidly enters the blood stream and is quickly carried to the brain. The effect is generally more intense and shorter than when cannabis is taken orally. After taking the drug, the gloomy depressed mood may be worsened rather than be removed. After the first few puffs, people:

become more relaxed and physically inactive, become talkative, laugh easily and feel less inhibited. Sometimes become more inward looking. Experience changes - the perception of time goes slower - the perception of space, perspectives and distances becomes distorted - the senses become sharper, have reduced concentration and impaired memory and judgement, show reduced ability to process information or perform complicated activities like driving a car or using machinery, show inability to balance, especially when standing, have a more rapid heart rate, increased appetite, dryness of mouth and throat, reddening of the eyes and drowsiness, feeling of confusion and anxiety

More severe symptoms sometimes arise with regular heavy use. These might be: depression and extreme suspicion of others nervousness, irritability and short temper, bronchitis. Conjunctivitis, endocrine disorder."
umm ok lol

Have you listened to yourself or to any of the other addict? Classic justification of addictive behavior.
You can be the dummy who ignores scientific fact, but I wont.

See? STFU
No one who values their next breath. It might be fun for me. For you, not so much.
it cant be fun for you,you hate sex remember?....dont worry about me, i like women not dykes....

You can be the dummy who ignores scientific fact, but I wont.
tipsey knows more about pot than anyone....believe me....she learned all she needed to know when she had to be rushed to the ER because of breathing in all that second hand smoke at that party she went to....

I don't think it causes the same
"dependence" in the same way that marijuana does.
Or the "increased paranoia" mentality that correlates with marijuana users.

Maybe if coffee were illegal and politicized,
and coffee users became involved in "anti govt" and "pro/anti legalization"
conflicts and mass movements, we might see the same "personality changes" in coffee drinkers as with pot users or smokers who start feeling "targeted" collectively.
Caffeine is VERY addictive.
In fact, from a scientific POV, pot is less addictive than tobacco. And TONS less destructive.
BTW, most addiction stems from a disorder. Also scientific..

Prove it.

tobacco, or marijuana.

Marijuana can be either Indica, hybrid or sativa...

Keeping in mind there is no shortage of nonsensical, fabricated, Reefer Madness propaganda, please tell us where you found this example.

Also, my late (PhD) wife and I enjoyed marijuana along with a number of our perfectly respectable friends, some of whom are professionals, throughout the 1970s when it was decriminalized in New York City. Most of us chose to put it aside when Reagan escalated the War on Drugs in 1982 because the price increased to a ridiculous level and because of the insane criminal penalties.

What I wish to tell you is neither I nor anyone I know ever experienced hallucinations from using marijuana, whether smoked or ingested as an edible, such as brownies or carrot cake.

So please link to the source of this hallucination nonsense.

Keeping in mind there is no shortage of nonsensical, fabricated, Reefer Madness propaganda, please tell us where you found this example.

Also, my late (PhD) wife and I enjoyed marijuana along with a number of our perfectly respectable friends, some of whom are professionals, throughout the 1970s when it was decriminalized in New York City. Most of us chose to put it aside when Reagan escalated the War on Drugs in 1982 because the price increased to a ridiculous level and because of the insane criminal penalties.

What I wish to tell you is neither I nor anyone I know ever experienced hallucinations from using marijuana, whether smoked or ingested as an edible, such as brownies or carrot cake.

The pasted material reads like a HS research paper. The link is from North Dakota dot gov, no doubt at the cutting edge of cannabis research

See post #1.

The pasted material reads like a HS research paper. The link is from North Dakota dot gov, no doubt at the cutting edge of cannabis research
The most egregious example of government anti-marijuana propaganda I ever saw or heard of was the 1971 NIDA-funded "research" effort which involved fitting breathing masks to the faces of five restrained monkeys and feeding marijuana smoke to them to prove THC kills brain cells. One of the "research" team conscientiously revealed that no brain cell damage was noted but two of the monkeys were suffocated to death by the volume of concentrated marijuana smoke pumped through their masks.

Lots of info on this cruel, deceptive propaganda effort via Google. Keywords: Monkeys - Suffocated - Marijuana

Plenty more similar revelations about deceptive government anti-marijuana propaganda available on NORML's website.

The most egregious example of government anti-marijuana propaganda I ever saw or heard of was the 1971 NIDA-funded "research" effort which involved fitting breathing masks to the faces of five restrained monkeys and feeding marijuana smoke to them to prove THC kills brain cells. One of the "research" team conscientiously revealed that no brain cell damage was noted but two of the monkeys were suffocated to death by the volume of concentrated marijuana smoke pumped through their masks.

Lots of info on this cruel, deceptive propaganda effort via Google. Keywords: Monkeys - Suffocated - Marijuana

Plenty more similar revelations about deceptive government anti-marijuana propaganda available on NORML's website.

This is probably what happened to you.

The leaves, stems, flower buds and extracts from the marijuana plant can be vaporized, eaten, brewed in a tea or put into a tincture. There are hundreds of compounds in marijuana, but scientists believe the one responsible for the drugs' psychoactive effects is tetrahydrocannbinol, or THC. THC binds to cannabinoid receptors throughout the body, and marijuana's "high" comes from THC's binding to brain regions responsible for pleasure, time perception and pain, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Short-term use of the drug impairs thinking and coordination, and in long-term studies, teens who smoke marijuana have lower IQs later on, as well as structural differences in their brains, though scientists debate whether this is an effect of the drug or a result of habitual pot smokers seeking out less intellectually stimulating pursuits. Marijuana use has been linked to mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, according to NIDA. Marijuana smokers are also likelier to suffer from bronchitis, according to a 2014 New England Journal of Medicine review of marijuana's health effects.

Marijuana: Facts about Cannabis

See post #1.
See Treeshepherd's message (#296), which debunks that rather common form of misinformation.

If one wishes to believe marijuana is anything but a relatively benign euphoric tranquilizer all one need do is search through the vast amount of available anti-marijuana propaganda -- all of which is predicated on deceptive misinformation.

NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse) will fund any reasonably credentialed individual who engages in "research" which shows marijuana to be harmful. See my message (#298) re: one of the most disgusting examples of this federal agency's efforts -- and there are many, many more. (Go to NORML's website).

There are many examples of individuals who committed suicide after smoking a joint. What is not revealed is the same individual was also cockeyed drunk or had injected or otherwise ingested any number of dangerous substances, like PCP or an amphetamine.

If you'd like a clear picture of what marijuana is really about just consider the many millions, possible billions, of people around the world who enjoy its effects with absolutely no problems.

Also, keep in mind that if marijuana were legalized a lot of powerful entities would be seriously affected. These entities lavishly lobby our Congressional representatives to vote NO on any legalization proposal -- and most of them do. One of these entities is the National Bar Association (lawyers). Other are the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police), the entire law-enforcement establishment, including the prison industrial complex, the drug-testing industry, the liquor industry, the pharmaceutical industry, and more.

So don't be deceived by these deceitful little propaganda efforts which constantly appear from obscure sources and emphasize individual examples of problems which really prove absolutely nothing. Look at the big picture.

Forum List

Back