Another Death attributed to Marijuana?

Conservatives love to legislate morality...only according to their beliefs...hypocrites of the utmost highest order.
Well, both sides do that. For example, conservatives arent the PC police. That shit is all on the democrats.

Coffee does not contain a mind altering drug in it.
I believe caffeine is considered mind altering

I don't think it causes the same
"dependence" in the same way that marijuana does.
Or the "increased paranoia" mentality that correlates with marijuana users.

Maybe if coffee were illegal and politicized,
and coffee users became involved in "anti govt" and "pro/anti legalization"
conflicts and mass movements, we might see the same "personality changes" in coffee drinkers as with pot users or smokers who start feeling "targeted" collectively.
Caffeine is VERY addictive.
In fact, from a scientific POV, pot is less addictive than tobacco. And TONS less destructive.
BTW, most addiction stems from a disorder. Also scientific..

No one said it wasn't addictive, only that is wasn't mind altering. No one has jumped off of a building after five cups of coffee.
The link I provided shows you are wrong. I have about 75 more.
Prove it.

Dear TNHarley and TooTall
I think you both need to be more specific.

The dependence/addictive condition of
coffee is "not the same" as with alcohol,
tobacco, or marijuana.

You can get addicted and dependent on coffee
and it isn't the same as the issue with marijuana.

You are like arguing if wine and water are both wet, instead of arguing about the alcohol content that is the distinguishing factor.

I'm guessing that they'll try to ignore this thread.

Killing yourself is not the pot's fault. Many people that commit suicide get drunk first or take drugs of some kind to "ease the pain" to have the courage to carryout the deed.

If you are not sure how much to take........... stick to CBD, you can't OD on that

The dependence/addictive condition of coffee is "not the same" as with alcohol,
tobacco, or marijuana.
You believe marijuana presents the same addictive potential as beverage alcohol and nicotine?

You can get addicted and dependent on coffee and it isn't the same as the issue with marijuana.
There is something you need to know about addiction, a word which is frequently used much too loosely and carelessly.

Addiction refers to a condition in which a particular chemical substance has either permanently or temporarily altered specific neuro-receptors causing an effect which is best described as a compulsive craving and producing a marked influence on certain personal and behavioral characteristics. Opiates contain such influential substances. Cannabis (marijuana) does not.

Some, not all, individuals are receptive to habituation, some moreso than others. Such individuals can become strongly habituated to things like coffee, cola drinks, sweets -- and the euphoric effects of marijuana. These conditions are habits, not addictions. They impart no neurological alteration and are best described as psychological rather than biological influences. Individuals who are profoundly affected by these influences are properly regarded as being psychologically defective -- prone to imagined dependence.

Marijuana is not addictive. But certain individuals can acquire an imagined dependence on its effects.

conflicts and mass movements, we might see the same "personality changes" in coffee drinkers as with pot users or smokers who start feeling "targeted" collectively.
In fact, from a scientific POV, pot is less addictive than tobacco. And TONS less destructive.

No one said it wasn't addictive, only that is wasn't mind altering. No one has jumped off of a building after five cups of coffee.
Prove it.

tobacco, or marijuana.

You are like arguing if wine and water are both wet, instead of arguing about the alcohol content that is the distinguishing factor.

Here is the difference that I found.

Cannabis is a hallucinogen and comes from a plant named Cannabis sativa. Its active ingredient is THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).

Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant.

Prove it.

tobacco, or marijuana.

You don't get addicted to pot. Caffeine is mind altering. Just the way it is
And pot doesn't make people kill themselves. That is ridiculous

Prove it.

tobacco, or marijuana.

Cannabis is a hallucinogen and comes from a plant named Cannabis sativa. Its active ingredient is THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).

http://www.nd.gov.hk/text/en/public/pdf/udap_cannabis.pdf

Prove it.

tobacco, or marijuana.

http://www.nd.gov.hk/text/en/public/pdf/udap_cannabis.pdf

I know it is but it doesn't cause people to kill themselves. Pot isn't LSD. They even say the reason a lot of people don't get high the first time they smoke is because they were anticipating more than they got. Like the weed actually let them down.. They were high but they couldn't tell.
Caffeine is mind altering, PERIOD. That's why they tell recovering junkies/abusers not to drink it. For some it helps with the cravings, but for some it causes relapse.
Regular caffeine use actually alters your brains chemical make up.
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2008/04/caffeine.aspx
This Is How Your Brain Becomes Addicted to Caffeine | Science | Smithsonian
Want more?

No one ever got into an accident because of a cup of coffee.

This is what hard core drug addicts say. Everything justifies drug use. Coffee, candy bars, soda everything is just the same as pot, meth and heroin. That's when a person has to realize that the rational part of that addict has been taken over by the addiction. There is really no use even trying.

Those who justify their drug use by such contrivances are not candidates for rehab. As long as they are justifying they are sent home. Part of the process of getting clean is recognizing the reality of drugs and the nature of addiction.

This is what hard core drug addicts say. Everything justifies drug use. Coffee, candy bars, soda everything is just the same as pot, meth and heroin. That's when a person has to realize that the rational part of that addict has been taken over by the addiction. There is really no use even trying.

Those who justify their drug use by such contrivances are not candidates for rehab. As long as they are justifying they are sent home. Part of the process of getting clean is recognizing the reality of drugs and the nature of addiction.
Prove it
PLENTY of people have died from caffeine overdose
Google
How many people have died from pot overdose? NONE
POt meth and heroine don't belong in the same category. This is where ignorance comes in.
I am SURE you have scientific data to back up your assertions?

You shouldnt talk about drugs. You simply arent knowledgeable enough on the subject and now youre embarrassing yourself as a result.

Maybe tipsycatlover should get laid so she will lighten the fuck up. That corncob up her ass isn't doing her any favors.

You shouldnt talk about drugs. You simply arent knowledgeable enough on the subject and now youre embarrassing yourself as a result.
That's what all addicts say. No one knows as much as a drug addict.

Maybe tipsycatlover should get laid so she will lighten the fuck up. That corncob up her ass isn't doing her any favors.
Now why would you wish death on someone you don't even know. Or, are you volunteering?
Sex isn't death you retard.
YOU are the one wishing death on millions of people, Stalin.
It depends on the sex doesn't it? It depends on who with doesn't it?

The only help for drug addicts is execution. It worked in China until they discovered slavery and it is working in the Philippines.

Now why would you wish death on someone you don't even know. Or, are you volunteering?

The only help for drug addicts is execution. It worked in China until they discovered slavery and it is working in the Philippines.
Sex doesn't usually kill people. STDs do.
See? STFU

See? STFU

But you did say I needed to get laid which entitles me to use any degree of self defense up to and including deadly force. So there is sex that kills people
Again. Are you volunteering?

See? STFU

But you did say I needed to get laid which entitles me to use any degree of self defense up to and including deadly force. So there is sex that kills people
Again. Are you volunteering?
:lol:
I cant do this anymore. You are retarded as fuck.

Forum List

Back