Another day...

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Another round of Republicans on the airwaves cheerfully discussing the sex life of a seventeen year old.

:cuckoo:

Another round of Republicans on the airwaves cheerfully discussing the sex life of a seventeen year old.

:cuckoo:

Really... I'd like to see where you have such quotes...

I have heard support of her doing the right thing even though it will be difficult and even though she made her poor judgments... Never saw any cheer of a 17 year old having sex or a sex life...

I have heard support of her doing the right thing even though it will be difficult and even though she made her poor judgments... Never saw any cheer of a 17 year old having sex or a sex life...
I guess you should listen to some interviews with Dobson and various evangelicals.

My favorite comment was the woman who laughed on NPR this morning that she would have preferred if the girl waited til marriage to have sex, but oh, well, kids will be kids.

Why are they talking about a seventeen year old in this manner on the national airwaves?

Exactly what I'm talking about. Even the closet McCain supporters are dissing the kid.

I guess you should listen to some interviews with Dobson and various evangelicals.

My favorite comment was the woman who laughed on NPR this morning that she would have preferred if the girl waited til marriage to have sex, but oh, well, kids will be kids.

Why are they talking about a seventeen year old in this manner on the national airwaves?

So saying 'kids will be kids' or that kids will make mistakes in terms of choices (including sexual ones) is the same as praising underage sex?

You're grasping

So saying 'kids will be kids' or that kids will make mistakes in terms of choices (including sexual ones) is the same as praising underage sex?

You're grasping
Jesus, they are talking about the sex life of an underage girl on the national airwaves. They are using her as a political tool. Imagine if this was your daughter and the entire country was breezily discussing her sex life. They could care less about the girl's well being. Hell, Allie even called her a slut yesterday.

I didn't say they were praising it, I said they were discussing it cheerfully.

Jesus, they are talking about the sex life of an underage girl on the national airwaves. They are using her as a political tool. Imagine if this was your daughter and the entire country was breezily discussing her sex life. They could care less about the girl's well being. Hell, Allie even called her a slut yesterday.

Did you expect everyone to pretend she wasn't pregnant--hell her own mother announced it. People are jsut using her as an example of issues that have been talked about since before she was even born.

Ok... but they are not cheerfully discussing it either... they are stating the fact and praising the decision after the poor decisions and actions that led her to where she is now... what do you want them to do, condemn her? Call for her banishment?

And I don't see anyone brazenly discussing her sex life, only the having a talking point about the situation.... as it is the left-wing attack dogs that have tried to use it as a bash point

So it's like the John Kerry/Vietnam thing...he brought it up so it's okay to discuss it.

Okie dokie.

They are applauding that she didn't get an abortion and that Sarah is also going to raise a special needs child!!!

This is classic GOP. Take bad news and flip it so it is a victory!!!

One woman said Sarah will show us how to be a working woman who raises a child with special needs.

I hope you have nanny's and secret service people to help like Sarah has. She has a posse for god sakes.

They are applauding that she didn't get an abortion and that Sarah is also going to raise a special needs child!!!

This is classic GOP. Take bad news and flip it so it is a victory!!!

One woman said Sarah will show us how to be a working woman who raises a child with special needs.

I hope you have nanny's and secret service people to help like Sarah has. She has a posse for god sakes.

You naturally forget to mention the roll reversal in the household with the dad staying home whole Palin has gone into this stage, and the recent stage, of her political career...

And yes.... lovingly raising a special needs child should be praised... and choosing life should also be praised... neither is "bad news"...

My family has dealt with an underage pregnancy... it was shocking news.. it was poor decision making... it was hard on my sis... but hardly 'bad' news... and her son is a great young man today... glad to have him around and glad she did all the hard work necessary to raise that kid and work to support him

You naturally forget to mention the roll reversal in the household with the dad staying home whole Palin has gone into this stage, and the recent stage, of her political career...

And yes.... lovingly raising a special needs child should be praised... and choosing life should also be praised... neither is "bad news"...

My family has dealt with an underage pregnancy... it was shocking news.. it was poor decision making... it was hard on my sis... but hardly 'bad' news... and her son is a great young man today... glad to have him around and glad she did all the hard work necessary to raise that kid and work to support him

Yea, a lot of young girls don't raise the kids right, the father doesn't help raise the kid, the mother doesn't get to go finish college, or have the money to raise a child, they don't have a good extended family and the kid ends up making the same mistakes their parent did.

My family would help raise that child too. But, I don't want any laws passed that prevent me or someone else from being able to have an abortion if they don't want to or can't.

And telling kids not to fuck won't work. Clearly it didn't work with Mrs. Palin's own kid, so why should abstenance only sex ed be the US policy when it doesn't work?

I don't want teachers showing how to give a bj on a banana, but show them what a condom is and explain deseases and pregnancy for god sakes!!!

This is my issue with Sarah Palin. That and she abused her power as Governor, plus she is the pork princess. But I would bang her.

She is 17 pregnant and getting married. Seems like a lot of people have a problem with her being pregnant. But when the legal age to consent is 16 it means she has to have her parents permission to get married not to have sex. Well she got pregnant and is getting married isn't that what the law is setting her up for? Legal sex before marraige.

Forum List

Back