Another conservative

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by wizard61, May 9, 2009.

1. wizard61

wizard61 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm hoping to find some reasonable discussions here. I'm tired of Obama sucks, Bush sucks, Clinton sucks and hatred in general.

I assume most liberals are fair & honest people with a different perspective & I'd like to figure out how we all start with loving the USA and kids but come to such different methods.

I'm tired of the GOP too, it's just too stupid to win. If I had enough charisma & cash I'd start the Anti-Republican Party.

I live in Southern California & have a wife & two daughters.

Cheers-

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,102
    Welcome

Yes, we have a fair amount of the Bush/Obama sucks crowd too, but you get some pretty decent debate too.

3. sarahgop

sarahgop Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,699
    hi!! i am very fair.

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    You'll find enough thinking conservatives here to have some decent discussions, Wiz.

Of course very board like this is rife with partisans who play the hater games, but generally those of us truly interested in having real discussions can find one worthy of our ascii.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    :lol:

:lol:

still ... :lol:

6. Iriemon

Iriemon VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi and welcome.

I've been on the board for about a month. There are some good debaters here, but also a lot of trolls, baiters and flamers hang out here, and they are not regulated at all.

If you want a forum were you can express your opinions and discuss topics without a bunch of "you're a fucking jerk" type posts followed by equivalent emails, you might want to consider another board. A lot of threads seem to end up that way.

Just my two cents.

7. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And yet amidst all your complaining, you don't seem to be here any less.

Perhaps take your own advice, or are you simply here to troll, because trolls are not regulated?

8. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    see what i mean damn it...another one...sneaking in.....who the hell is on the door?

the days of the conservatives are over...just ask the following: willow tree, political chic, dive con, diamond dave, allie (now she makes ya proud) pale rider, the list just goes on and on

welcome....pay the voices no mind

9. Iriemon

Iriemon VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    It's because as I said, there are some good debates too. Though your intuition is right, the constant flaming and trolling here is a drag and whether it makes sense to continue participating here is something I'll have to decide.

However, the OP expressed a desire to have a reasonable discussion.

The following is an example of an ongoing thread, which are in my experience here common to the point of being typical. I could point to a hundred other examples in the short time I've been here:

and the reasonable debat continues into the thread:

Maybe this is the kind of reasonable debate the author of the OP is looking for; but it didn't sound like it to me.

So I gave him my opinion. Feel free to rebut it.

10. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My suggestion, if you see what you consider to be a lack of moderation, would be to PM one of the Mods, or Gunny and discuss it with them, rather than taking jabs at them in a public forum, while suggesting a new member might want to go elsewhere.

At 62 posts per day, I'm going to assume you have your mind made up, and this really isn't a bad place to be, so how about you let others make that decision on their own, huh?