Another conservative

Irie, go back and fix your messed up quotes...and then tell me if you pulled your two examples from the Flame Zone, please... Seriously.. I'm trying to hold my laughter in, but I really don't feel like turning purple.

You're doing a pretty piss poor job of dancing around my questions, too...

A) Did you pull them from the Flame Zone (where they belonged)?

B) Did you report any seriously derailed threads so that they get moved to their proper place, since Mods/Admins don't read EVERY single thread on this board?

Irie, go back and fix your messed up quotes...and then tell me if you pulled your two examples from the Flame Zone, please... Seriously.. I'm trying to hold my laughter in, but I really don't feel like turning purple.

B) Did you report any seriously derailed threads so that they get moved to their proper place, since Mods/Admins don't read EVERY single thread on this board?

Jeez, Dis, read your own posts as to who is doing the piss poor job of dancing around questions. You asked me if I reported it. I said report what, flaming? If it wasn't clear, no I have never reported flaming because it goes on so much that it's pretty clear that it is allowed as policy here.

What difference does it make that thread I pulled had been moved to the flame zone if that kind of stuff happens all the time in other threads? So putting aside the fact that you seem to think I should answer your questions when you've danced around mine, your questions are irrelevant if the flaming, baiting, and trolling regularly go on in other threads, aren't they?

So we are back to my questions that you've danced around:

Are you seriously challenging that this kind of stuff is not common? Should I start posting examples from different threads that have not been moved to the flame zone?

Are you seriously stating that the flaming, baiting and trolling doesn't go on here except in the flame zone?

Last edited:

Jeez, Dis, read your own posts as to who is doing the piss poor job of dancing around questions.

What difference does it make that thread I pulled was moved to the flame zone if that kind of stuff happens all the time in other threads? So putting aside the fact that you seem to think I should answer your questions when you've danced around mine, your questions are irrelevant if the flaming, baiting, and trolling regularly go on in other threads, aren't they?

Are you seriously challenging that this kind of stuff is not common? Should I start posting examples from different threads that have not been moved to the flame zone?

Are you seriously stating that the flaming, baiting and trolling doesn't go on here except in the flame zone?

So, you pulled two examples from the Flame Zone (which is exactly where they belonged) to prove your point? Seriously? I'd almost rep you for that because it's so damned funny. But I really hate to encourage your type of behavior.

This board gets upwards of 2000 new posts a day. Mods/Admin rely on the reporting of posts/threads to bring their attention to things that need it. If a thread has gotten so derailed with personal insults, those posts are moved to the Flame Zone, and the thread allowed to carry on.

If posts are not moved, and HAVE been reported, and you know for a fact they've been seen by ALL the Mods, obviously, they're not offending anyone's sensibilities except yours, in which case, it might be time to look at your OWN presence here.

Next?

I'm hoping to find some reasonable discussions here. I'm tired of Obama sucks, Bush sucks, Clinton sucks and hatred in general.

I assume most liberals are fair & honest people with a different perspective & I'd like to figure out how we all start with loving the USA and kids but come to such different methods.

I'm tired of the GOP too, it's just too stupid to win. If I had enough charisma & cash I'd start the Anti-Republican Party.

I live in Southern California & have a wife & two daughters.

Cheers-

Hi and welcome.

I've been on the board for about a month. There are some good debaters here, but also a lot of trolls, baiters and flamers hang out here, and they are not regulated at all.

If you want a forum were you can express your opinions and discuss topics without a bunch of "you're a fucking jerk" type posts followed by equivalent emails, you might want to consider another board. A lot of threads seem to end up that way.

Just my two cents.

Where would you like for me to draw the line regulating trolls, baiters and flamers? You have an ignore feature, as well as a hand that moves at the direction of your brain, allegedly, so you are not forced to hit the "quote" button to respond.

Freedom of speech is a double-edged sword. You enjoy the benefits and apparently understand the basic premise of "with freedom comes responsibility." Some don't. They abuse the freedom to act like asses.

What you DON'T see a lot of because I do my best to keep it off the board are the line-pushers. We enforce about 3 rules on this board rigidly and damned if I don't at any given time have 2-3 people who have to push the limit or squeal censorship because they are determined to cross the line.

Should I punish those who understand the responsibility and use their freedom wisely for those who do not?

Jeez, Dis, read your own posts as to who is doing the piss poor job of dancing around questions.

What difference does it make that thread I pulled was moved to the flame zone if that kind of stuff happens all the time in other threads? So putting aside the fact that you seem to think I should answer your questions when you've danced around mine, your questions are irrelevant if the flaming, baiting, and trolling regularly go on in other threads, aren't they?

So, you pulled two examples from the Flame Zone (which is exactly where they belonged) to prove your point? Seriously? I'd almost rep you for that because it's so damned funny. But I really hate to encourage your type of behavior.

This board gets upwards of 2000 new posts a day. Mods/Admin rely on the reporting of posts/threads to bring their attention to things that need it. If a thread has gotten so derailed with personal insults, those posts are moved to the Flame Zone, and the thread allowed to carry on.

If posts are not moved, and HAVE been reported, and you know for a fact they've been seen by ALL the Mods, obviously, they're not offending anyone's sensibilities except yours, in which case, it might be time to look at your OWN presence here.

Next?

So you do not deny that flaming baiting and trolling is common here.

That was my point from the first post we've now gone back and forth on for two pages.

Next?

Next?

That was my point from the first post we've now gone back and forth on for two pages.

Next?

Weak. Seriously.

I'm hoping to find some reasonable discussions here. I'm tired of Obama sucks, Bush sucks, Clinton sucks and hatred in general.

I assume most liberals are fair & honest people with a different perspective & I'd like to figure out how we all start with loving the USA and kids but come to such different methods.

I'm tired of the GOP too, it's just too stupid to win. If I had enough charisma & cash I'd start the Anti-Republican Party.

I live in Southern California & have a wife & two daughters.

Cheers-

Hi and welcome.

I've been on the board for about a month. There are some good debaters here, but also a lot of trolls, baiters and flamers hang out here, and they are not regulated at all.

If you want a forum were you can express your opinions and discuss topics without a bunch of "you're a fucking jerk" type posts followed by equivalent emails, you might want to consider another board. A lot of threads seem to end up that way.

Just my two cents.

Where would you like for me to draw the line regulating trolls, baiters and flamers? You have an ignore feature, as well as a hand that moves at the direction of your brain, allegedly, so you are not forced to hit the "quote" button to respond.

Freedom of speech is a double-edged sword. You enjoy the benefits and apparently understand the basic premise of "with freedom comes responsibility." Some don't. They abuse the freedom to act like asses.

What you DON'T see a lot of because I do my best to keep it off the board are the line-pushers. We enforce about 3 rules on this board rigidly and damned if I don't at any given time have 2-3 people who have to push the limit or squeal censorship because they are determined to cross the line.

Should I punish those who understand the responsibility and use their freedom wisely for those who do not?

That is a very good question Gunny, and there is no easy answer to it. That is why I wrote in post #11

As far as taking jabs at the moderators, I'm not sure how you construed that. It's pretty clear to anyone that the policy of the board is to permit the behavior in the thread I cited. You see it all the time. That is not a criticism of the moderation; that is their policy. It's a wide open board. Some like it, some don't.

There is no clear line as to what the level of moderation should be. Different boards attempt to deal with this conundrum in different ways. Some boards practice a much heavier level of censureship, but along with that necessarily comes a degree of squelching expression, however you view it.

Some people like a wide open board like this one. Catz made a comment to that effect. Some people prefer one that attempts to moderate the flaming and baiting. There's no right answer. I don't see a lot of moderating on this board in that way, though I've seen some and there must be some because completely unregulated boards often just devolve into nothing but juvenile taunting, flaming, trolling and baiting.

I personally am debating my own level of tolerance. I like good discussions, and I've noted there are many here, but I personally don't enjoy the "you're a fukcing jerk" kind of stuff I see all the time. I'm try to deal with it and focus on the positives of the board.

It's a matter of preference. But when someone new shows up and says I'm looking for a board without the name calling and hate it seems kind of dishonest to pretend that they won't find that here, that's just the type of board it is.

Thanks.

Next?

Next?

Weak. Seriously.

Funny; I had a similar reaction.

Next?

Weak. Seriously.

Give me a break.. You went to the Flame Zone (very self explanatory) to pull from threads to prove your point. Those posts are exactly where they belong, and nobody forces anyone else to go there..

But when asked if you've done your fair share of reporting threads that YOU feel vaporized, well, you ignored that, and went back to the silly "are you trying to say there's no flaming here?" question that didn't even warrant a response.

Welcome to the club, Wizard, if you are still around after this awesome thread played out. As a resident troll, flame-baiter and all around asshole I invite you to enjoy what USMB has to offer in the way of political discussion. But, also, I advise you to discover the Block User button in the event that you attract the attention of one of our fine, upstanding thread killers, topic jumpers or vitriolic fucks. We enjoy loose moderation around here for the sake of entertainment and an exchange of ideas; for better or worse. As Gunny stated, we only really pounce on a small number of offenses but we are, by no means, ungoverned. While there are many boards that have a lock down on acceptable posts there are also many far worse than what you'll find here. Again, welcome to the party and I look forward to calling you a cock-hungry son of a bitch in the near future!

Next?

Next?

The purpose of my post that you avoided addressing was not to deny anything.

Flaming and baiting is common. Trolling, except for those who are so over the top they are the very definition of the word is a matter of perspective. Those who are nothing but trolls are controlled and their posts/threads for the most part policed and controlled.

As are the worst of the flamers.

Since baiting seems to be considered part of legitimate debate nowadays on and off the board, would kind of be hard to do anything about that. It exists on ALL boards.

My point is freedom has a responsibility as well as a price. It's suffering those who neither use it wisely nor responsibly.

Welcome to the club, Wizard, if you are still around after this awesome thread played out. As a resident troll, flame-baiter and all around asshole I invite you to enjoy what USMB has to offer in the way of political discussion. But, also, I advise you to discover the Block User button in the event that you attract the attention of one of our fine, upstanding thread killers, topic jumpers or vitriolic fucks. We enjoy loose moderation around here for the sake of entertainment and an exchange of ideas; for better or worse. As Gunny stated, we only really pounce on a small number of offenses but we are, by no means, ungoverned. While there are many boards that have a lock down on acceptable posts there are also many far worse than what you'll find here. Again, welcome to the party and I look forward to calling you a cock-hungry son of a bitch in the near future!

:lol:

Next?

Weak. Seriously.

Regardless...as I said.. with 62 posts a day, my guess is this place isn't that bad, since that doesn't leave you much time to pursue other (better?) boards?

Enjoy this board with this set of Admins, and owners, because your views and opinions would have been squashed (and you with them) under some of the previous ownership.

There's a neat little report function for threads that you think have gone over the top.

Enjoy, and YOU have a nice day.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vo9AH4vG2wA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vo9AH4vG2wA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

WOW!

Are we really having a debate about whether or not our debates dissolve into mindless name calling bitchfests?

We're models of decorum and intelligent discourse, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a completely blithering asshole.

WOW!

Are we really having a debate about whether or not our debates dissolve into mindless name calling bitchfests?

We're models of decorum and intelligent discourse, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a completely blithering asshole.

You're right.. But I'm too lazy to go back and delete all my posts on the subject...

(Except for the one LMAO because he/she pulled posts from the Flame Zone to prove there's name-calling and bickering here).

WOW!

see, i'd have gone with the more abrasive phrase "Cock-hungry son of a bitch"... Or, maybe "Dipshit on a fuckstick". You know, something with a little pizazz.. Blithering Asshole is kinda of vanilla, don't you think?

WOW!

see, i'd have gone with the more abrasive phrase "Cock-hungry son of a bitch"... Or, maybe "Dipshit on a fuckstick". You know, something with a little pizazz.. Blithering Asshole is kinda of vanilla, don't you think?

ed's an old school kind of fuckroast.

WOW!

You're right.. But I'm too lazy to go back and delete all my posts on the subject...

(Except for the one LMAO because he/she pulled posts from the Flame Zone to prove there's name-calling and bickering here).

While he may have pulled those quotes from the flame zone he still makes a pretty solid point about the nature of SOME of the posts one will find around here. I include a good 73% of my posts in that figure. To be honest, this exchange is on the verge of the Shit-talking Canyon and about to fall off any minute... which, pretty much validates his point. Is it better to deny the nature of this forum which will only shock the new guy eventually or give him fair warning so that he can block some of us and pick and choose how he wants to participate?

Forum List

Back