Another casualty of the gay agenda --- Catholic Charities of Boston

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004

On March 10, Catholic Charities of Boston had announced that it was being forced to shut down its highly regarded adoption services, since it could not in good conscience comply with the government's demand that it place children for adoption with homosexual couples. Caught between the rock of Catholic teaching, which regards such adoptions as "gravely immoral," and Massachusetts regulations, which bar adoption agencies from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation, the Boston Archdiocese had hoped to obtain a waiver on religious-freedom grounds. But when legislative leaders refused to consider the request, the archdiocese was left with no option but to end a ministry it had been performing for a century

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/jeffjacoby/2006/03/16/190075.html

C'mon, the Catholic Church in Boston has one of the worst records regarding gay pedophila in the priesthood. "Gravely Immoral" begins at home! :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay:

What ever happened to the right to practice ones religion as guaranteed in the constitution which the liberals are so fond of quoting!

shoulda thrown in the money line:

Whereupon the Human Rights Campaign issued its news release. It was headlined "Boston Catholic Charities Puts Ugly Political Agenda Before Child Welfare," and a more perfect illustration of psychological projection would be hard to imagine.

archangel said:
What ever happened to the right to practice ones religion as guaranteed in the constitution which the liberals are so fond of quoting!
No one's forcing them to do anything, let alone revoking their right to practice their religion.

The ClayTaurus said:
No one's forcing them to do anything, let alone revoking their right to practice their religion.
Sure they are.

1. Catholic Charities was running those adoption agencies to obey commandment of "Love Thy Neighbor", "feed the hungry, house the orphan".

2. They cannot run an adoption agency unless they allow gays to adopt kids through their agency.

3. The Catholic Church observes the proscription against homosexuality or the promotion of it.

If I were an attorney, I'd like to argue that Massachussets law violates the First Amendment protections of the free practice of religion.

Gee.... where are all the libs' outrage against the separation of church and state on this one? Oh yeah, when the State squashes religion it's a good thing, at least to libs.

No, Catholic Charities are not having their right to religion infringed upon. But the point is that maybe this group could have had a nice warm cup of "live and let live" instead of killing an adoption charity to score points for the gay agenda.

Nuc said:
C'mon, the Catholic Church in Boston has one of the worst records regarding gay pedophila in the priesthood. "Gravely Immoral" begins at home! :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay:
pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft...............

what a crock of sewage....

if I were to get a penny for every teacher, social worker, psychiatrist and pychologist that molested a kid then had to pay a dollar for every priest that molested a kid, I'd be so freaking rich, I could retire right now and go live on my own tropical island with all the bare naked ladies I could handle.....

I just have to laugh at you libs, you're so freaking blind you can't see your own noses!!!!!!!

KarlMarx said:
Sure they are.

1. Catholic Charities was running those adoption agencies to obey commandment of "Love Thy Neighbor", "feed the hungry, house the orphan".

2. They cannot run an adoption agency unless they allow gays to adopt kids through their agency.

3. The Catholic Church observes the proscription against homosexuality or the promotion of it.

If I were an attorney, I'd like to argue that Massachussets law violates the First Amendment protections of the free practice of religion.

Gee.... where are all the libs' outrage against the separation of church and state on this one? Oh yeah, when the State squashes religion it's a good thing, at least to libs.

While you're at it, maybe you'd like to argue that Massachuset's Law against murder violates Muslim's religious rights to kill the infidels. :rolleyes:
If the Catholic Church can't operate an adoption agency within the law then they should shut it down.

KarlMarx said:
I just have to laugh at you libs, you're so freaking blind you can't see your own noses!!!!!!!

Well, I've heard a lot of dodgy definitions of "liberal" on this board, but "opposed to pedophilia" hasn't been one of them.

Thanks for teaching me something new.

If I had a penny for every time someone on this board used the word "liberal" a bit too......well.... liberally, I'd be Warren Buffett.

MissileMan said:
While you're at it, maybe you'd like to argue that Massachuset's Law against murder violates Muslim's religious rights to kill the infidels. :rolleyes:
If the Catholic Church can't operate an adoption agency within the law then they should shut it down.
I believe it was stated that to continue the operation would violate the law, so the Church opted to shut it down, rather than comply with something that the Church is opposed to. They didn't say, 'We will defy the law.'

Kathianne said:
I believe it was stated that to continue the operation would violate the law, so the Church opted to shut it down, rather than comply with something that the Church is opposed to. They didn't say, 'We will defy the law.'

That's what I read also, but there seems to be a few here that think the church should be exempt from the law.

MissileMan said:

Which is exactly what they did...And what a shame they had to

Im curious Missile man do you think religion and churches have any rights to do what they think is morally correct at all???

And your analogy is absurd :rotflmao:

MissileMan said:
That's what I read also, but there seems to be a few here that think the church should be exempt from the law.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Catholic adoption agencies place children in Catholic homes. Is that correct?

So if they can choose the religion of the recipient family, why shouldn't they be allowed to choose the type of family in other ways?

Nuc said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Catholic adoption agencies place children in Catholic homes. Is that correct?

So if they can choose the religion of the recipient family, why shouldn't they be allowed to choose the type of family in other ways?

I don't believe they discriminate regarding religion, though they used to:

http://www.gbdioc.org/pg/charitiesAdoption.tpl

Who Do We Serve?

Entwined HandsCatholic Charities serves children, adolescents, adults, couples and families of any religious background, race or nationality residing in Northeast Wisconsin. We have been helping birth parents and adoptive families for over 80 years. We are dedicated to working with birth parents and prospective adoptive families to assure that the best plan is made for a child, who is central to the adoptive process.

Catholic Charities Adoption Services promote Open Adoption. It is our philosophy that full openness is ideal between and among birth and adoptive families. It is the professional responsibility of the agency to educate birth and adoptive parents about the benefits of Open Adoption.

Types of Adoption Services

Catholic Charities Adoption Services promote Open Adoption. It is our philosophy that full openness is ideal between and among birth parents and prospective adoptive parents. Catholic Charities offers several types of Adoption Services that include:

* Domestic Infant
* Independent Adoption
* Stepparent Adoption
* International Adoption Home Studies
* Post Placement Services
* Pregnancy Counseling Services
* Adoption Search Services

Domestic Infant & Independent Open Adoption Services

Blue Tennis ShoesDomestic Infant and Independent Adoption Services are very similar in that both types of adoption allow birth and adoptive parents to create an open adoption plan that is in the best interest of children and the families involved. Such services are offered throughout the Diocese of Green Bay Inc. and the State of Wisconsin. The primary difference between Domestic Infant Open Adoption and Independent Open Adoption is that with Domestic Infant the adoptive couple and birth parents are brought together through the agency. With Domestic Infant we ask that our couples provide our agency with a profile of your family to share with birth parents that connect with us for services. In Independent Adoption, birth and adoptive parents connect with each other on their own accord thus seeking agency assistance on a later date.

All adoptive families must complete the required home study, background & medical clearances, foster home licensing as well as agency requirements as part of the adoption process. We will discuss with you all the options, prepare you for parenting an adoptive child, guide you through the legal adoption process and provide services after a child has come to live with you. We will also offer guidelines for how you might maintain a lifelong relationship with birth parents.

Stepparent Adoption Services

Stepparent adoption is a formal way to legalize the special bond a stepparent shares with their child. At Catholic Charities we are committed to helping custodial and petitioning stepparent's best accomplish their goal of assuring a child's security within their home legally through stepparent adoption.

We provide the required screening service that includes background clearances, medical assessment, review of financial status, verification of employment and reference checks. A face to face meeting also takes place as part of this service wherein social history is shared, educational and support elements discussed to best assist children and families throughout and after the adoption process is completed.

Catholic Charities will provide information and referrals for attorneys that assist in scheduling the court hearing and completing the legal steps involved in stepparent adoption. The agency is responsible for finishing and providing a court report to the presiding Judge and attorneys involved in the case.

Post support services are also available for families following the completion of the adoption.

International Adoption Home Study Services

Parents and AdopteeCatholic Charities also offers Home Study Services to couples interested in International Adoption.

Couple must complete the required home study investigation process on behalf of a licensed child placing agency in order to accomplish their goals of adopting a child(ren) internationally. Many of the International Adoption Agencies that work with specific countries are located outside of Wisconsin; therefore having a local agency complete the Home Study may be more cost effective for the adoptive family.

We are also committed to helping you select the best program and agency for you and your family. Referral information as well as support with others that have adopted internationally is also available.

What is a Home Study?

A Home Study is a comprehensive assessment of the couple as individuals and as a family. This process generally consists of 3-4 meetings in the office with a counselor and at least one home visit to complete the safety inspection of your home. We require the following information to complete a home study:

* Background Investigative Checks
* Medical Clearance from a Health Care Provider
* Autobiographical information on both Mother and Father
* Financial Information and Employment History
* Post Placement Services Agreement

Post Placement Services

Our post placement services include:

* In-home Consultation & Support
* Background Investigations
* Medical Screening Requests
* Referral Information
* Support Groups
* Post Placement Reports to Collaborating Agencies or Countries
* Supervision for at Least 6 Months unless other requirements exist per the country or collaborating agency

Pregnancy Counseling Services

At the core of our services to families and children have been our pregnancy support services. We assist birth parents that are facing unplanned pregnancies by helping them reach a well thought out, value-based decision for themselves and their baby.

What services does Catholic Charities offer?

Catholic Charities offers supportive services to individuals and families affected by an unplanned pregnancy. These services include:

* Family, relationship and individual counseling
* Education, including parenting, life style, nutrition
* Information and referral to community resources
* Information on adoption resources should the decision to create an adoption plan be made

Adoption Records Search Services

Catholic Charities also offers Adoption Records Search in collaboration with the Wisconsin Adoption Records Search Program located in Madison, Wisconsin.

The primary purpose of the Adoption Records Search Law is to help persons who have been adopted or whose birth parent(s) have terminated their parental rights to obtain information about themselves and their birth relatives. This information includes:

* Non-identifying social history information presently contained in the agency file
* Medical and genetic information about birth parent(s) and members of their families, including routine health information and any known hereditary or degenerative disease
* Most recent names and addresses of birth parent(s) in the files of the Department of Health and Family Services when affidavit(s) are on file or obtained.
* A copy of the impounded birth certificate. (The birth certificate on record prior to the time of adoption.)

Catholic Charities can provide Adoption Records Search Services to any adoptee having been adopted through Catholic Charities. Referral information is also available to persons whose adoption occurred through another agency.

How to Reach Us…

For additional information about the Adoption Services provided by our agency or our Pregnancy Counseling and Parenting Support Services, or to set up an appointment to speak with a counselor please call Catholic Charities at:

* The Green Bay Diocese
o (920) 437-7531 ext.8234
* Or Call Us Toll Free at:
o 1-877-500-3580 ext. 8234
* Or E-mail the Adoption Services Coordinator:
o Kelly
* Or E-mail the Parenting Services Coordinator:
o Jennifer

Catholic Charities is funded by:

* The Bishops Appeal
* United Way
* And by Government grants and private contributions.

Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Green Bay, Inc. is affiliated with Catholic Charities, USA.

Bonnie said:
Which is exactly what they did...And what a shame they had to

Im curious Missile man do you think religion and churches have any rights to do what they think is morally correct at all???

They do so all the time as I understand it. At the same time though, they are required to operate within the law, just like all of us are.

This is overregulation. Like with smoking, "All bars and restaurants must ban smoking". How about some do and some don't? Leave it up to the bar. Golf courses. If they just want men, then someone else should open up a course for only women if they think it's commercially feasible. And here. Let them adopt the kids out to whomever and someone else should open an adoption agency catering to gay couples. This country has too many laws.

Nuc said:
This is overregulation. Like with smoking, "All bars and restaurants must ban smoking". How about some do and some don't? Leave it up to the bar. Golf courses. If they just want men, then someone else should open up a course for only women if they think it's commercially feasible. And here. Let them adopt the kids out to whomever and someone else should open an adoption agency catering to gay couples. This country has too many laws.

Absolutely, and when you have the state telling religions how to run their adoption practices it's crossing a very big line, especially when the agency was a charity run organization. But hey the silver lining is they can always move to a state that is banning gay adoption. Too bad it has to come to that.

KarlMarx said:
Sure they are.

If it's part of your religion to house the orphan, an adoption agency isn't the sole way of doing that. Besides, if "religion" is going to be a legally binding excuse to do whatever you want in opposition to the law, then you're going to be opening all kinds of flood gates.

Look, I don't really care if the Catholic Church wants to discriminate against whoever they want with their adoption agencies. But give me a break, no one's religious rights are being infringed upon. It's stupid the state (or whoever it is) is making a stink about it, but let's not be rediculous in response.

Listen......listen.......

Do you hear it?

Shhh.....listen.

That's the sound of the ACLU knocking on the door offering to represent them.

Forum List

Back