Annoying Mouse Stutter

Okay I think the long running mystery has been solved. The Brother Control Center 3 software was uninstalled and then I reinstalled the Logitech software from the original CD, worked fine. Then I reloaded the Brother software from the original CD and then it appeared to work just fine until I clicked on DL latest version after which it stuttered. So it appears that something in the latest version of the Printer software was causing the mouse to stutter. For those who don't know what I mean by stutter, I mean when you move the mouse across the screen the pointer hesitates as it follows your movement. After a while its painful to use. I will keep in mind NOT to DL Drivers for my printers from the fast web sites LOL

Laughs, funny thing is sometimes you think your getting a deal and with these kinds of headaches a deal is not always a deal. I think the last Epson printer I had was a Dot Matrix one, and yes it does age me a little I know. LOL

HP is great for "the office" but for the best in color printing I prefer Epson (printer, ink, paper). Brother all-in-one printers are attractive price-wise, but they don't migrate well to next OS release you might want to upgrade too.

Okay I think the long running mystery has been solved. The Brother Control Center 3 software was uninstalled and then I reinstalled the Logitech software from the original CD, worked fine. Then I reloaded the Brother software from the original CD and then it appeared to work just fine until I clicked on DL latest version after which it stuttered. So it appears that something in the latest version of the Printer software was causing the mouse to stutter. For those who don't know what I mean by stutter, I mean when you move the mouse across the screen the pointer hesitates as it follows your movement. After a while its painful to use. I will keep in mind NOT to DL Drivers for my printers from the fast web sites LOL

Navy, if you had mentioned Brother first off that's what I would have told you to get rid of right off the bat. There are lots of good products out there, Brother isn't one of them.

Well the Mouse is a Logitech MX Mouse and I have a an aluminum mouse pad with a solid black surface, however I have tried other surfaces and it does change slightly. Heres and interesting bit of news, if you start the computer in Safe Mode.. no stutter.

It is the Logitech software.

Loading in Safe Mode = No Logitech software only standard mouse drivers from Microsoft.

I would wager that if you remove the Logitech software and drivers that the stutter goes away.

Mouse issues are 99.9% of the time non Windows OS related.

Probably more like 99.999% of the time.
I have seen this problem numerous times...this and mouse "chatter" - when the icon blinks like a strobe light..or disappears altogether when running across an open window. For me it has always been:

1) The driver
2) A theme downloaded from the Internet that just has sloppy code in it.

It was not the windows driver, but a 3rd party driver for a printer. Hence it was not Windows fault, but that of a 3rd party. As I said, 99.99% of the time it is not Windows fault, but that of a 3rd party... which btw, would include "A theme".

Navy, if you had mentioned Brother first off that's what I would have told you to get rid of right off the bat. There are lots of good products out there, Brother isn't one of them.

On a side note on the Brother, it was one of those things when your walking through the store and you see something that catches your eye. I have always wanted a Color Laser printer and this one just happened to be sitting there , and I took the plunge. Little did I know at the time that the printer while being cheap would contain headaches like this not to mention what I later found out, once the toner runs out, its just about as cheap to toss the thing in the trash as it is to buy new toner for it. I say this as my ancient little HP keep going along with no problems, I guess it was my HP printers way of getting back at me *laughs*.

I know you've already solved your problem, but every wireless mouse I've ever owned had some sort of problem.

alan you know I have never had an issue with any wireless mouse I've owned other than the ones that tend to eat batteries more than others. One of the reason I like the MX so much is that you can recharge it and it tends to work on a number of different surfaces. I'm not really all that upset with Mouse so much as the issue with the stutter which I knew had to be caused by something.

On a side note on the Brother, it was one of those things when your walking through the store and you see something that catches your eye. I have always wanted a Color Laser printer and this one just happened to be sitting there , and I took the plunge. Little did I know at the time that the printer while being cheap would contain headaches like this not to mention what I later found out, once the toner runs out, its just about as cheap to toss the thing in the trash as it is to buy new toner for it. I say this as my ancient little HP keep going along with no problems, I guess it was my HP printers way of getting back at me *laughs*.
Don't feel alone, I'd be willing to be all of us have "learned the hard way" from time to time. :lol:

Forum List

Back