Ann Romney wears a 990 dollar shirt she gets critized.

Ah limousine liberals warm the cockles of your heart don't they? It is a magnificent jacket though. And I don't begrudge the First Lady this exquisite purchase. BUT the media should STFU about the price tag of any clothing Ann Romney wears

article-2180702-1447E2ED000005DC-138_634x461.jpg

article-2180702-143F684D000005DC-979_306x703.jpg

This outfit was stunning.

What the fuck, at least put up a warning that what you are about to open is a steaming pile of shit from Beck.

I saw his dumbass face pop up and was reaching for the close window button as fast as I could while holding my mouth at the same time

MOOCHELLE Obama wears a 6800 dollars jacket and she is helping the economy. REALLY LEFTIES. HYPOCRITES

Epic media hypocrisy: Ann Romney

They make me want to bazooka barf. The hypocrisy is so glaring.

So both are good or both are bad? I'm trying to understand the complaint

The complaint is about the media hypocrisy. Ann Romney was shredded in the press for wearing a designer blouse that almost cost a thousand dollar.s.

I have no problem with two women who are in the media spotlight being well dressed or glamorous.

The complaint is about the media hypocrisy. Ann Romney was shredded in the press for wearing a designer blouse that almost cost a thousand dollar.s.

I have no problem with two women who are in the media spotlight being well dressed or glamorous.

Oh pul-leeze....:rolleyes:

Nancy Reagan wore a hand-beaded $22,500. Galanos gown to the 1981 inauguration. In today's dollars that's more than $56,000.

Anne and her husband are worth what, 200 million dollars?

That they didn't make by raping a hospital.

So I think she can afford to wear pretty much anything she wants to wear. Why would anyone wear cheapo rags when they can afford clothes that look great?

Closed Caption Wrote:

In all sincerity - I'm not being insulting or rude...are you being obtuse on purpose to score political points or are you really having trouble seeing the point of this issue is to highlight the media hypocrisy in the way they have dealt with the first ladies and how they spend money on clothing?

Michelle Obama has been praised throughout her time as First Lady as being a budget-friendly, savvy shopper who is not afraid to wear "bargains" from Target, JCrew (NOT a cheap store for most Americans, but regardless), etc. The media occasionally would highlight her more expensive purchases - thousand dollar ballgowns, multi-hundred dollar sneakers, etc. But often, the tone of these articles was more about the fashion and the designers...rather than whether or not it spoke to Michelle Obama being "out of touch" with the American people that was illustrated by her clothing choices.

Ann Romney, however...has had several of her outfits priced in the media. Most recently, her expensive blouse set of a small firestorm of criticism as those on the left, given prime airtime by the media, stated that it was proof that the Romney's were out-of-touch, and therefore, Mitt Romney was unfit to be President.

Michelle Obama then appeared in a MORE expensive outfit...and the media (and the left) was "strangely" silent on the political statement such and outfit might infer...but did want to discuss how fabulous the jacket was.

The point of this thread ISN'T whether the First Lady or Mrs. Romney deserve to be criticized for their expensive fashion taste (although, for the record, I think BOTH women should be able to buy and wear whatever the hell they want)...but rather to highlight the disparate way the media seems to be handling it.

Where is your confusion?

See my self quote in my sig line. Threads like this make me believe I am right.

lol

All these Real Problems and issues, and Americans rather talk about how much the Candidates wives Cloths cost.

Obama and Romney are both Much richer than 99% of the rest of us. Yet we act like it matters one is Richer than the other.

Both out of Touch Rich assholes, Just fucking decide which one you think will do the least harm, and vote for them, or don't. Focus on some real issues for a change.

Pathetic Fucking Sheep lol

you gotta excuse Michelle....she's moving on up to the East Side....she's finally got a piece of the piiiiiie

See my self quote in my sig line. Threads like this make me believe I am right.

lol

All these Real Problems and issues, and Americans rather talk about how much the Candidates wives Cloths cost.

Obama and Romney are both Much richer than 99% of the rest of us. Yet we act like it matters one is Richer than the other.

Both out of Touch Rich assholes, Just fucking decide which one you think will do the least harm, and vote for them, or don't. Focus on some real issues for a change.

Pathetic Fucking Sheep lol

I agree, this is another classic case where propaganda minister Beck plants some garbage, and his useful idiots obediently parrot it and get into a faux outrage because that's what "good" right wingers do.

MOOCHELLE Obama wears a 6800 dollars jacket and she is helping the economy. REALLY LEFTIES. HYPOCRITES

Epic media hypocrisy: Ann Romney

It's really simple:

Per the left, if Mrs Obama does something, it's good. If Mrs Romney does the same thing, it's bad.

I know, I know -- it's simply not fair to expect the left to be consistent when applying standards. :(

Forum List

Back