Ann Coulter's Answer to Canada!

When O'Reilly questioned the spokesperson about free speech rights in Canada, the spokesperson said, with a straight face, that Coulter would be welcome to speak anywhere else in Canada. But a University was not an appropriate place.

I found that absolutely amazing. And I fear for what kinds of things Universities think ARE important to expose their fragile students to.

Actually Coulter might NOT "be welcome to speak anywhere else in Canada:"

.... university academic vice-president Francois Houle, who had written Coulter to warn her that Canadian laws make provisions for hate speech.

"Promoting hatred against any identifiable group would not only be considered inappropriate, but could in fact lead to criminal charges," he warned her in the letter, which Coulter quickly leaked to the media.

Canadians are such a humorless bunch.

Well that's the nature of your fascists... There's nothing less tolerant on earth than the ideological left... It's the most lethal organism on the planetl; seconded, perhaps... to disease, from time to time. But I think, the left took the title in the 20th century; with 150 million innocent murdered... not 100% positive that disease didn't beat' em... but I think the Left took it.

I don't think Canadians are leathal to anything but Baby Harp Seals.

seal-fur-03.jpg

Now the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian Government admonishment to Miss Coulter; regarding Canadian laws for "hate-speech", in NO WAY reflected ANY sense of HATRED on the part of the LEFTISTS, who were; as one member of the board loves to note in her neg-rep-fests... : HATIN' ON WOMEN!

And such is the nature of the subjective interpretation common to Leftist government... Again; these people are HUMANIST; Humanists are Relativists and the ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS...

But hey... that's EVIL FOR YA!

Now the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian Government admonishment to Miss Coulter; regarding Canadian laws for "hate-speech", in NO WAY reflected ANY sense of HATRED on the part of the LEFTISTS, who were; as one member of the board loves to note in her neg-rep-fests... : HATIN' ON WOMEN!

And such is the nature of the subjective interpretation common to Leftist government... Again; these people are HUMANIST; Humanists are Relativists and the ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS...

Now, the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian government did not admonish anyone. The Canadian government has had nothing to do with this.

But facts are optional for blowhard conservatards.

Now, the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian government did not admonish anyone. The Canadian government has had nothing to do with this.

But facts are optional for blowhard conservatards.

Well in reviewing the footage... I find that Sam was referring to the Leftists who organized the riots that prevented Miss Coulter from speaking; who in his letter to her, warned her that she could be judged by Canukistani Law as a criminal for her speech...

So it's true that the Canadian government has not commented on the issue; only the Canadian Academic Leftist, who interprets Canadian Law subjective to her compassionate and tolerant point of view...

So I hereby revise my comments; correcting the error:

Now the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian Academic Leftist who organized the Riots that prevented Miss Coulter from speaking; admonishing Miss Coulter for her point of view; threatened Miss Coulter with Canadian laws regarding "hate-speech"; and in so doing, the same Canadian Academic Leftist... FOUND NO sense of HATRED on the part of HERSELF or the LEFTISTS who RIOTED TO PREVENT Miss Coulter from SPEAKING...; thus demonstrating, as one member of the board loves to note in her neg-rep-fests... : that their own behavior reflected their own: HATIN' ON WOMEN!

And such is the nature of the subjective interpretation common to Leftists where they are interpreting invalid reasoning and unsound, unsustainable law common to LEFTIST government...

Again; these people are HUMANIST; Humanists are Relativists and the ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS...

Thank you Toro for bringing that error to my attention... I know I feel better about it...

What happened to "diversity of opinions" and "free speech"? Whiny leftists just can't debate someone with a 3-digit IQ.

What happened to "diversity of opinions" and "free speech"? Whiny leftists just can't debate someone with a 3-digit IQ.

What happened to being able to protest? Whiny rightists pick and choose when it's alright to protest.
:eusa_whistle:

Of course, the United States has a long history of banning people critical of America from entering the country.

[Farley] Mowat has encountered criticism in the media, especially after he was in the forefront of protest against American cruise missile testing in Canada. His activism famously led Ronald Reagan's administration to deny him entry from Canada to the U.S. for a routine speaking engagement; but the resultant public outcry in the U.S. eventually forced the Reagan administration to back down.

Farley Mowat at AllExperts

Yusuf Islam—the former singer once known as Cat Stevens—has been banned from the United States . And not just banned, they actually diverted the plane 600 miles to Maine to remove him from it. He’s made some equivocal statements in the past, but more recently has been forthright in his condemnation of terrorism . Perhaps there’s something we don’t know, but, on the surface, this looks like a bad mistake. Ordinary Muslims will be bound to see this as hostility to their religion as such rather than just to extremists and terrorists.

Cat Stevens banned from the US — Crooked Timber

The fact Cat Stevens wasn't allowed to enter the U.S is something I've read before but still confuses the hell out of me as to how that logic worked.

So, if I understand your point, such as it is, Ms. Coulter would have cancelled her speech to gain publicity, riot or no riot.

Astute.

Thanks for participating, and contributing a difference without a distinction.

"OTTAWA, March 24, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - American conservative firebrand Ann Coulter was forced to cancel her talk at the University of Ottawa on Tuesday night after hundreds of shouting student protesters showed up threatening disruption and violence if she was allowed to speak.

“The University of Ottawa is really easy to get into, isn’t it?” Coulter said in a Washington Times interview after the cancelled event. “I never get any trouble at the Ivy League schools. It’s always the bush league schools.”

“This has never, ever, ever happened before — even at the stupidest American university,” she said.

Coulter's security team told her they believed it would have been dangerous for her to appear to give her speech, according to the Ottawa Citizen."

U of Ottawa Student Rioters Shut Down Ann Coulter Talk

Riot ? what is this hysteria who said riot ? if thee were any real concerns of riots..lol..ove ann..lol...campus security or police would of voiced concerns

Dude... what's with the denials of the riots? It's written right there... If you've some dispute with what is being reported by (LifeSiteNews.com) take it up with them...

"Last night, I went on a Facebook page for some of the protesters and there were clear calls for violence. And not just in an abstract way, I mean there were instructions to bring vegetables and eggs to throw," Levant said.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/aboutlifesite/index.html

lol... alleged facebook threats...lol...and lifesite is a rightwing Christan front group with a agenda that report facts of the incident different from those found elsewhere

Last edited:
The fact Cat Stevens wasn't allowed to enter the U.S is something I've read before but still confuses the hell out of me as to how that logic worked.

As I understand it, he was being followed by a "moonshadow." In fact, he claimed to be leapin and hoppin' on a moonshadow, which caused an irrational fear of having his hands amputated, and going blind. He accepted these horrible fates stoically, claiming without hands he wouldn't "have to work no more," and without eyes he wouldn't "have to cry no more."

Double negatives never bothered no Cat.

Last edited:
she chose not to speak on the advice of her bodygaurd..it is bullshit...there were no reported threats the university security or police expressed no concerns over her speaking...it is making something out of nothing

The police called her where she waited with her body guard for clearance to go on. The police informed her her appearance was cancelled, without which cancellation she would've gone on. Like Michelle Malkin, she can't be intimidated. Liberals who appear in similar venues have nothing to fear; they always appear in their own element in front of friendly approving audiences. By comparison they are gutless.

Last edited:
He changed his name to "Yusuf Islam," right? Sounds like a terrorist to me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-I0QW7zT8]YouTube - Yusuf Islam - "Peace Train" (Classic and blues)[/ame]

Forum List

Back