Ann Coulter's Answer to Canada!

Discussion in 'Media' started by PoliticalChic, Mar 25, 2010.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,781
    "The provost of the University of Ottawa, average student IQ: 0, wrote to me—widely disseminating his letter to at least a half-dozen intermediaries before it reached me—in advance of my visit in order to recommend that I familiarize myself with Canada's criminal laws regarding hate speech.

What other speakers get a warning not to promote hatred? Did Francois A. Houle send a similarly worded letter to Israel-hater Omar Barghouti before he spoke last year at U of Ottawa? ("Ottawa": Indian for "Land of the Bed-Wetters.")

How about Angela Davis, Communist Party member and former Black Panther who spoke at the University of Zero just last month?

Or do only conservatives get letters admonishing them to be civil? Or—my suspicion—is it only conservative women who fuel Francois' rage?

I'm sure Canada's Human Rights Commission will get to the bottom of Francois' strange warning to me, inasmuch as I will be filing a complaint with that august body, so I expect they will be reviewing every letter the university has sent to other speakers prior to their speeches to see if any of them were threatened with criminal prosecution.

Curiously, however, there was no evidence that either the cartoons or the column did, in fact, incite hatred toward Muslims—nor was there the remotest possibility that they would.

By contrast, conservative speakers are regularly subjected to violent attacks on college campuses. Bill Kristol, Pat Buchanan, David Horowitz and I have all been the targets of infamous campus attacks.

At the risk of violating anyone's positive space, what happened to Canada? How did the country that gave us Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, Martin Short, Dan Aykroyd and Catherine O'Hara suddenly become a bunch of whining crybabies? "
    Conservative News: Coulter - University of Ottawa, Parliament condemn speech as "hate speech" - HUMAN EVENTS

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    clearly a cry for attention it s not like some government official warned her about hate laws one leftist dean from one university did and no one banned her from speaking...but its a way better story to run away because of a body guards unsubstainated claims than to give her boring speech and get little attention beyond a letter and some lefty protest..universties all across America are full of such people and such incidents there is no real story here

3. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    [​IMG]

The kids in Ottawa made me sad!!!

4. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    Bilderberg-bound filmmaker held at airport

Canadian authorities detained an American activist filmmaker at the Ottawa airport late Wednesday night, confiscating his passport, camera equipment and most of his belongings.Citizenship and Immigration Canada agents stopped Alex Jones, whose films include Martial Law 9/11: The Rise of the Police State, and questioned him for nearly four hours before letting him go with only one change of clothes and telling him to return Thursday morning.“It’s really chilling, like a police state,” said Mr. Jones of his detention

Bilderberg-bound filmmaker held at airport

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    How can Coltface pick on anyone for talking mean?

6. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726

LOL... I think it's the pot... too beaucoup... and the radical nature of Leftism in general; and its entirely possible that we're looking at a toxic combo...

8. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,781
    I try to remember that some of our members require spoon-feeding of ideas, so forgive me for simply posting the Ann Coulter column.

Here is the breakdown so that you can understand, as " talking mean" actually has nothing
    to do with the OP.

1. Ms. Coulter was invited to speak to students at the University.

2. Left wing 'scholars' looked into their well-worn compendium on civil discourse, and 'market place of ideas' strategies, and shouted and rioted so that Ms. Coulter could not deliver here talk.

3. No one was force to join the assembly who wished to hear ideas with which they might or might not agree.

Still with me?

4. Canada represents ersatz-EU, in that free speech means only if the left agrees with your speech content.

5. Those of us who honor the first amendment of the US Constitution, see it as a higher level of social evolution than censorship, would champion Ms. Coulter's right to speak, and critique Canadian culture in this regard.

5a. Consider the this quote, attributed to Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    Have someone explain it to you.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  9. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Coulter's lookin' mighty fine these days!!! :eusa_drool:

10. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    she chose not to speak on the advice of her bodygaurd..it is bullshit...there were no reported threats the university security or police expressed no concerns over her speaking...it is making something out of nothing