Ann Coulter's Answer to Canada!

How can Coltface pick on anyone for talking mean?

I try to remember that some of our members require spoon-feeding of ideas, so forgive me for simply posting the Ann Coulter column.

Here is the breakdown so that you can understand, as " talking mean" actually has nothing
to do with the OP.

1. Ms. Coulter was invited to speak to students at the University.

2. Left wing 'scholars' looked into their well-worn compendium on civil discourse, and 'market place of ideas' strategies, and shouted and rioted so that Ms. Coulter could not deliver here talk.

3. No one was force to join the assembly who wished to hear ideas with which they might or might not agree.

Still with me?

4. Canada represents ersatz-EU, in that free speech means only if the left agrees with your speech content.

5. Those of us who honor the first amendment of the US Constitution, see it as a higher level of social evolution than censorship, would champion Ms. Coulter's right to speak, and critique Canadian culture in this regard.

5a. Consider the this quote, attributed to Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Have someone explain it to you.

Since when does our First Amendment apply to Canada? When in Rome...

tompetty1009.jpg

Coulter's lookin' mighty fine these days!!! :eusa_drool:

Ah, the intellectual level of debate of a farm school grad...

I'm a "farm school grad," and my level of pre-college education far, far exceeds what I witness on this board every day. I also had agricultural classes in high school and 4-H camp in summers. Pity those poor revolutionaries of today who would have this nation take a giant leap backward, eliminate all progress, and return to the land the way it was when the Constitution was written. They'll need to knock on the doors of those of us who actually know how.

Farm-school grad...meant as an insult...only ended up showing someone's ignorance.

I was unable to get an official response to this from Miss Coulter...

But I feel comfortable in advancing the following as something closely representing of her likely reaction:

kiss-my-ass-2-1.jpg

If you're able to establish contact with Ms. Coulter, please tell her that although I'm flattered by her advances, I've decided to limit myself to sexual partners who are both human and female.

Sadly... I don't think I'll be able to pass that on to her directly; but I will slip a note to let security know that you've apparently failed to refill your prescriptions...

Come on Haji...

You know what's gonna happen if you don't get back on the cure... you're gonna be walkin' down the mall with your ball bearing coat on again; and you aren't always going to be able to count on their being a Buy 1-get 1 Koran sale, with a free prayer rug at "Muslims Are Us", to pull ya out of it.

No one wants to see Muslim sprayed all over the food court man... It's bad for business and its a BITCH getting you people out of the grout.

It's pretty obvious you've learned your lessons in vitriol directly from Ms. Coulter herself. Pathetic. I really did give you more credit for being less shallow than some of the other cons here. But maybe I have you mixed up with someone else. Your disgusting remarks only prove that you are no better than those to whom your remarks are directed. What's the word for that? Oh yeah, Hypocrite with a capital H.

mdn2000>>>>"Ann Coulter on the other hand, my god, imagine how many people will die if she is allowed to incite hatred."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bingo!! That's what it is all about...."inciting hatred" for the sake of various self serving agendas. Unfortunately, it invites repaying evil for evil to the point we are eveloped in it from every aspect of social interaction. I, at one time, despised her and took part in the name calling. Now, I try my best to ignore her in a newly developed recognition that ALL political parties are equally corrupt and deceitful and to bash one or the other is nothing more than pathetic ignorance.

I inadvertently have just had an epiphany, I got to thank you for that. In composing a response to your post it occurred to me that Ann Coulter does incite hatred. By speaking the truth, by speaking of freedom, by speaking wisely and positively of the USA Ann Coulter incites the hatred within the hearts of Liberals and Marxist.

Ann Coulter does not lie, does not distort the truth, she simply tells it as it is with humor.

This is more than enough to bring out the ugly hatred Liberals and Marxist hide within their hearts.

Now the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian Government admonishment to Miss Coulter; regarding Canadian laws for "hate-speech", in NO WAY reflected ANY sense of HATRED on the part of the LEFTISTS, who were; as one member of the board loves to note in her neg-rep-fests... : HATIN' ON WOMEN!

And such is the nature of the subjective interpretation common to Leftist government... Again; these people are HUMANIST; Humanists are Relativists and the ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS...

But hey... that's EVIL FOR YA!

Now, the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian government did not admonish anyone. The Canadian government has had nothing to do with this.

But facts are optional for blowhard conservatards.

Well in reviewing the footage... I find that Sam was referring to the Leftists who organized the riots that prevented Miss Coulter from speaking; who in his letter to her, warned her that she could be judged by Canukistani Law as a criminal for her speech...

So it's true that the Canadian government has not commented on the issue; only the Canadian Academic Leftist, who interprets Canadian Law subjective to her compassionate and tolerant point of view...

So I hereby revise my comments; correcting the error:

Now the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian Academic Leftist who organized the Riots that prevented Miss Coulter from speaking; admonishing Miss Coulter for her point of view; threatened Miss Coulter with Canadian laws regarding "hate-speech"; and in so doing, the same Canadian Academic Leftist... FOUND NO sense of HATRED on the part of HERSELF or the LEFTISTS who RIOTED TO PREVENT Miss Coulter from SPEAKING...; thus demonstrating, as one member of the board loves to note in her neg-rep-fests... : that their own behavior reflected their own: HATIN' ON WOMEN!

And such is the nature of the subjective interpretation common to Leftists where they are interpreting invalid reasoning and unsound, unsustainable law common to LEFTIST government...

Again; these people are HUMANIST; Humanists are Relativists and the ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS...

Thank you Toro for bringing that error to my attention... I know I feel better about it...

humanist - definition of humanist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

If you don't fit in there ^ then what species are you?

Dude...Coulter can't even get her facts about Canadians having troops that fought in VietNam right.

And she told a Muslim to ride a camel instead of a magic carpet? you dont think that's hateful?

She might have a valid point here and there...but the way she gets attention is by saying ridiculous things.
Quit defending her without thinking.

What happened to "diversity of opinions" and "free speech"? Whiny leftists just can't debate someone with a 3-digit IQ.

"Debating" someone who is a Coulterclone is impossible. She doesn't want to "debate." She wants to enrage.

Of course, the United States has a long history of banning people critical of America from entering the country.

[Farley] Mowat has encountered criticism in the media, especially after he was in the forefront of protest against American cruise missile testing in Canada. His activism famously led Ronald Reagan's administration to deny him entry from Canada to the U.S. for a routine speaking engagement; but the resultant public outcry in the U.S. eventually forced the Reagan administration to back down.

Farley Mowat at AllExperts

Yusuf Islam—the former singer once known as Cat Stevens—has been banned from the United States . And not just banned, they actually diverted the plane 600 miles to Maine to remove him from it. He’s made some equivocal statements in the past, but more recently has been forthright in his condemnation of terrorism . Perhaps there’s something we don’t know, but, on the surface, this looks like a bad mistake. Ordinary Muslims will be bound to see this as hostility to their religion as such rather than just to extremists and terrorists.

Cat Stevens banned from the US — Crooked Timber

I used to listen to Cat Stevens obsessively on the radio. My then uber conservative husband would always do an eyeroll, but relented one Christmas and bought me both of his cassettes with all the hits. There were strong "humanist" messages in all of his works.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGLuRlhW3c]YouTube - Cat Stevens - Father And Son (live)[/ame]

The fact Cat Stevens wasn't allowed to enter the U.S is something I've read before but still confuses the hell out of me as to how that logic worked.

There was no logic other than the fact that he had converted to Islam and had a funny name. If anything, following the 911 attacks, he denounced his Islamic fundamentalist brothers for their actions.

Of course, the United States has a long history of banning people critical of America from entering the country.

[Farley] Mowat has encountered criticism in the media, especially after he was in the forefront of protest against American cruise missile testing in Canada. His activism famously led Ronald Reagan's administration to deny him entry from Canada to the U.S. for a routine speaking engagement; but the resultant public outcry in the U.S. eventually forced the Reagan administration to back down.

Yusuf Islam—the former singer once known as Cat Stevens—has been banned from the United States . And not just banned, they actually diverted the plane 600 miles to Maine to remove him from it. He’s made some equivocal statements in the past, but more recently has been forthright in his condemnation of terrorism . Perhaps there’s something we don’t know, but, on the surface, this looks like a bad mistake. Ordinary Muslims will be bound to see this as hostility to their religion as such rather than just to extremists and terrorists.

I used to listen to Cat Stevens obsessively on the radio. My then uber conservative husband would always do an eyeroll, but relented one Christmas and bought me both of his cassettes with all the hits. There were strong "humanist" messages in all of his works.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlGLuRlhW3c]YouTube - Cat Stevens - Father And Son (live)[/ame]

this is one of my favorite humanist songs by cat stevens.

we sing it in church around this time of year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWd3skb-Rw]YouTube - Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken - Live 1973[/ame]

What happened to "diversity of opinions" and "free speech"? Whiny leftists just can't debate someone with a 3-digit IQ.

Not happenin' in Canada.

It's not happening anywhere....

The simple fact is, that the Canadians; who it should be pointed out, that Ravi, a Leftist... refers to Children...; felt IN THEIR OWN MINDS, that their point of view would NOT PREVAIL in a contest with Miss Coulter.

So to avoid that contest, they opted to force her from speaking.

It's the same everywhere... from this forum, throughout the debate forums across the web; to every University on earth; at any point where Leftists are confronted with Conservatism... THE LEFT KNOWS THAT THEY HAVE ALWAYS LOST and will always LOSE!

Reason demands that IF the Left felt that they would prevail; that their argument would stand supreme; that their reasoning would discredit, refute or otherwise set aside any means by the objective observer to conclude that the Left's point of view was more sound; that the left's argument had been sustained and that it prevailed over it's competition... then the Left would be LINING UP Debates with Miss Coulter... eagerly desiring that the world witness the supremacy of their reasoning.

But that's not what is happening is it? Never has... Never will...

Wherever the Left is in a position to violently remove their opposition... they must take any option which precludes open, honest, objective debate. Simply because their ideology; their ideas; their feelings... are unsound; thus they're unsustainable... thus THEY LOSE.

And again... the coolest part here; is that THEY CONCEDE SUCH AS FACT; through their OWN ACTIONS.

If the left has lost and know they will always lose, then why are you so angry? You should be starting a thread gloating, like so many others, that the left is about to go down in flames forever, blah blah blah. Could it be that you know deep down that will never happen?

Now the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian Government admonishment to Miss Coulter; regarding Canadian laws for "hate-speech", in NO WAY reflected ANY sense of HATRED on the part of the LEFTISTS, who were; as one member of the board loves to note in her neg-rep-fests... : HATIN' ON WOMEN!

And such is the nature of the subjective interpretation common to Leftist government... Again; these people are HUMANIST; Humanists are Relativists and the ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS...

Now, the thing to recognize here, is that the Canadian government did not admonish anyone. The Canadian government has had nothing to do with this.

But facts are optional for blowhard conservatards.

In the interests of accuracy, my friend, you may wish to re-analyze your post.

As it stands, it is, of course, not true.

The origin of the episode remains the letter from the provost of the U. of Otttawa, as:

"widely disseminating his letter to at least a half-dozen intermediaries before it reached me -- in advance of my visit in order to recommend that I familiarize myself with Canada's criminal laws regarding hate speech.
Apparently Canadian law forbids "promoting hatred against any identifiable group," which the provost, Francois A. Houle advised me, "would not only be considered inappropriate, but could in fact lead to criminal charges."

Welcome to AnnCoulter.com

Now, when one compares the above with your frenzied statement "The Canadian government has had nothing to do with this." it remains to be asked, who would bring charges or even arrest Ms. Coulter???

Would it be the private police of the university who might impose some penalties on Ms. Coulter for infracting 'Canadian law'?

Or do you, in that fevered imagination, contemplate a vigilate army doing so???

Or is it possible that you are totally in error, and the laws of Canada are in some direct way related to "The Canadian government" ?

And, if that is the case, exactly what variety of blowhard would that make you, eh?

Being a lawyer herself, one would think Ann would be smart enough to check out Canadian law beforehand, no? Or at least have one of her staff do it, just in case.

The left has lost, Publius? Really? First of all, referring to an entire side of debate with a sweeping generalization is just imprecise. Some left leaning politicians have lost on certain points, but "the left has lost" makes you sound really deluded. Especially since healthcare just passed.

All I'm getting from your posts is a sense that you're frustrated, yet clinging to some hope for victory...not really any advancement of the debate about Coulter's validity.

The OP is a troll, but a fun one at least.

It doesnt take a genius to get the concept that a university should be able to set their own policy about the type of speech they allow. Read that again if you're thick-headed. That's not denying free speech...that's about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Something that conservatives like to claim as their own issue. The university is taking responsibility for the level of hate-speech and unchecked rhetoric that passes on its campus. That's laudable.

The tired quip "they shouldn't have invited her to speak if they knew what kind of talk she'd give" is a chicken-and-the-egg kind of argument at best. Coulter had to know as a speaker that each venue has its own groundrules. So backatcha with that one. The common sense approach is "their house, their rules."

What's totally disingenuous about Coulter's position is...when she tells a Muslim to go ride a camel instead of a magic carpet...that sends up red flags. And that's not even the worst thing she's ever said. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Hell ..it was just a freaking request and quasi-admonition. She's manufacturing publicity...and trampling the truth to do it.

Coulter was given secure options to stay and deliver the speech. That's been proven. For Coulter to play shock-jock and trump up a bunch of drama is expected...but can't be defended. And it brings all her other comments into question when she'd rather trample truth than explain what really happened.

But of course...she still thinks Canada sent troops to fight in Vietnam ha ha ha ha

My favorite Coulter quote was back when invading Iraq was being widely debated. "Why shouldn't we invade Iraq? They have oil and we need oil." [paraphrased] She simply says the most bizarre things without thinking anything through first. For that reason, Ann Coulter is no longer the darling of the GOP, nor even the ultra conservative wing thereof.

mdn2000>>>>"Ann Coulter on the other hand, my god, imagine how many people will die if she is allowed to incite hatred."
Bingo!! That's what it is all about...."inciting hatred" for the sake of various self serving agendas. Unfortunately, it invites repaying evil for evil to the point we are eveloped in it from every aspect of social interaction. I, at one time, despised her and took part in the name calling. Now, I try my best to ignore her in a newly developed recognition that ALL political parties are equally corrupt and deceitful and to bash one or the other is nothing more than pathetic ignorance.

I inadvertently have just had an epiphany, I got to thank you for that. In composing a response to your post it occurred to me that Ann Coulter does incite hatred. By speaking the truth, by speaking of freedom, by speaking wisely and positively of the USA Ann Coulter incites the hatred within the hearts of Liberals and Marxist.

Ann Coulter does not lie, does not distort the truth, she simply tells it as it is with humor.

This is more than enough to bring out the ugly hatred Liberals and Marxist hide within their hearts.

Oh bullshit. There are plenty of conservative speakers who make their points without the need to denigrate others to the point of sounding insane. Actually, PI used to be one (at least on a good hair day).

On February 21, 1989, Yusuf Islam addressed students at Kingston University in London about his conversion to Islam and was asked about the controversy in the Muslim world and the fatwa calling for Salman Rushdie's execution. He replied, "He must be killed. The Qur'an makes it clear - if someone defames the prophet, then he must die."

this is one of my favorite humanist songs by cat stevens.

we sing it in church around this time of year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TWd3skb-Rw]YouTube - Cat Stevens - Morning Has Broken - Live 1973[/ame]

My favorite was "I might die tonight." Short, sweet and scary at the same time. I might just have to go out and buy the CD of all his hits now. It doesn't take much for me to weep for the past.

I tried to rep this post, but it would not allow.

Well said.

Forum List

Back