Ann Coulter: Our Blacks are better than your Blacks

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
-- Ann Coulter to George Gurley, New York Observer, August 21, 2002

No, I don't see how.

There's a difference between him being a better man...than he was before....through adversity.

And saying he's better than someone else just because they're Politically not the same and don't share that same particular adversity.

It's denying the fact that: life outside of politics happens.

Some liberal could have overcome 12X a Conservative's struggles, but a closed minded pighead would assume that a black conservative's "struggle" makes him a better man than any black liberal could be based solely on his idealogical struggle. It's beyond ridiculous, which is much what any Ann Coulter statement is.

again...you did nmot listen to the conversation.

She was not just discussing politics. She discussed his success in business as well.

Do what you suggested to me..

Listen to the dialogue...THEN debate it.]

Just wsihed you practiced what you preached with Wrights sermon.....I was disgusted by what he said...and you would have been too if you had listened to it.

One thing for sure...you NEVER would have said I took his sermon out of context.

I did listen, dipshit.

Discussing Cain's Business success is discussing CAIN
Discussing "our blacks," is discussing Conservative Blacks, as a group.
You *did* take his sermon out of Context.

Dipshit?

I must have hit a nerve.

No GT...you did not listen to it.

Every post you put up on here regarding what COulter said makes it quite clear you did not hear the entire dialogue.

Nor did you listen to Wrights sermon. Other sermons may have been taken ouyt of context...but the chickens home to roost one? That sermon was all about US Policy and how it serves the US right now that the terrorism is on our shores.

And by the way...dipshit rolls off my shoulder...but I did not know you and I had that kind of relationship on here. I guess you live and learn.

Imagine this.

Rachel Maddow says "our blacks are better than your blacks."

Republican heads around the country explode and charges of racism are never ending.

I agree, there's certainly a hypocritical element in condoning one of "their own" to say something that the "others" would not be tolerated to say. But as someone said earlier, context is key in these things. Coulter's entire purpose is to enrage people with inflammatory comments that are carefully crafted to preempt criticism. Here, she's invoking racial sensitivities purposely, and wrapping it up as if a compliment. But in truth she's doing three things:

1) She's crying for attention in the same kind of way that Howard Stern and Glenn Beck do.

2) She's subtly insulting a group of people based on race.

3) She's avoiding any meaningful political discourse in favor of exchanging high-fives with people who already sit on her side of the spectrum.
Good post. I'd also say she is engaging in race baiting.

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
-- Ann Coulter to George Gurley, New York Observer, August 21, 2002

Since you stated it as a quote, I will assume it is legit.

In context or out of context...that was a heartless, chilish immature thing she said.

But then again, I never liked Coulter....nor do I like Hannity or Rush...only becuase I am not one for the "sensationalism" on what are supposed to be news discussions.

Imagine this.

Rachel Maddow says "our blacks are better than your blacks."

Republican heads around the country explode and charges of racism are never ending.

I agree, there's certainly a hypocritical element in condoning one of "their own" to say something that the "others" would not be tolerated to say. But as someone said earlier, context is key in these things. Coulter's entire purpose is to enrage people with inflammatory comments that are carefully crafted to preempt criticism. Here, she's invoking racial sensitivities purposely, and wrapping it up as if a compliment. But in truth she's doing three things:

1) She's crying for attention in the same kind of way that Howard Stern and Glenn Beck do.

2) She's subtly insulting a group of people based on race.

3) She's avoiding any meaningful political discourse in favor of exchanging high-fives with people who already sit on her side of the spectrum.
Good post. I'd also say she is engaging in race baiting.

nah...I watched it.....it was by no means race baiting.

Albeit, it is being used as a race thing....but it was not meant to be such.

Look...lets be real here.

Conservative blacks are successful. clean and articulate.
Liberal blacks are hoods, dropouts and lazy good for nothings.

Of course conservative blacks are better.

There....does that make all of you feel better?

wrong....

You are asking us if we defend the SPIN of the situation.

No...the way you spun what she said....we dont defend that sentiment.

However, the context of what she said, without the spin? We agree 100%.

Ok I get it, saying "our blacks are better than yours" is acceptable. Thanks for the info :thup:

Well you were being honest up until this point. Did you realize you had no legitimate comeback to diminish the facts of the situation that you tried to avoid in the first post and decide to take this route instead of a real discussion?

Says the guy who defended Coulter while saying you're not defending anything. You expect what? An honest debate? On what? You wont take a position on it, I've asked many times are you defending her comment? Are you?

She was not just discussing politics. She discussed his success in business as well.

Just wsihed you practiced what you preached with Wrights sermon.....I was disgusted by what he said...and you would have been too if you had listened to it.

One thing for sure...you NEVER would have said I took his sermon out of context.

I did listen, dipshit.

Dipshit?

I must have hit a nerve.

Every post you put up on here regarding what COulter said makes it quite clear you did not hear the entire dialogue.

Nor did you listen to Wrights sermon. Other sermons may have been taken ouyt of context...but the chickens home to roost one? That sermon was all about US Policy and how it serves the US right now that the terrorism is on our shores.

And by the way...dipshit rolls off my shoulder...but I did not know you and I had that kind of relationship on here. I guess you live and learn.

True or false: she says "our blacks" are better because it's a struggle to be a Conservative because it's not accepted by your families, neighbors, etc.

Which is what I've been using as her judtification all along in my points, only to be followed up by you trying to tell me that it's taking her out of context? Either you're pretty dumb, or forgot English today.

exact quote: "all liberals see are "conservative black man." look at how they go after allen west. look at how they go after michael steele. i mean all of them with wonderful qualities, i mean, that's why our blacks are so much better than their blacks. to become a black republican, you dont just rollll into it. you're not just going with the flow. you have fought against probably your family members,......etc et.c etc..........."

True or false: I did not deny that was her "reasoning."

True or false: I laid out why I disagree, wholeheartedly, with her reasoning.

Three true or falses. dipshit.

"all liberals see are "conservative black man." look at how they go after allen west. look at how they go after michael steele. i mean all of them with wonderful qualities, i mean, that's why our blacks are so much better than their blacks. to become a black republican, you dont just rollll into it. you're not just going with the flow. you have fought against probably your family members,......etc et.c etc..........."

That's what she said? Worse than I thought....no one went after West and Steele because they are black. They went after them because they are stupid. I'm mean, seriously stupid.

Oh yeah, she's a race baiter.

I did listen, dipshit.

Dipshit?

I must have hit a nerve.

True or false: she says "our blacks" are better because it's a struggle to be a Conservative because it's not accepted by your families, neighbors, etc.

Which is what I've been using as her judtification all along in my points, only to be followed up by you trying to tell me that it's taking her out of context? Either you're pretty dumb, or forgot English today.

exact quote: "all liberals see are "conservative black man." look at how they go after allen west. look at how they go after michael steele. i mean all of them with wonderful qualities, i mean, that's why our blacks are so much better than their blacks. to become a black republican, you dont just rollll into it. you're not just going with the flow. you have fought against probably your family members,......etc et.c etc..........."

I dont debate with those that resort to name calling.

I made that clear with you.
You did it again anyway.

I dont debate with children.

So fine...I am wrong you are right.

I did listen, dipshit.

Dipshit?

I must have hit a nerve.

And since you listened to his entire Sermon and still don't get the point of the sermon which is painfully obvious, here is someone who summarizes it WAY better for you then I ever could. It would help if you don't go judging shit you don't even understand.

The full story behind Wright

I do consider you a dipshit, because you ignore what people actually say, and read what you want to read, and comment on what you think they said but didn't actually say.

Like here, for instance: I'm saying that being a black conservative doesn't make you "Better" than being a black liberal, because of it being "against the grain" which is the premise of her argument.

And you're saying that's not her argument, and I didn't watch it, etc. when it's by ALL MEANS her argument. I think you're on another planet of dipshit.

Dipshit?

I must have hit a nerve.

I dont debate with those that resort to name calling.

I made that clear with you.
You did it again anyway.

I dont debate with children.

So fine...I am wrong you are right.

Well Hallelelujah, or however you spell that grotesquely long word.

"all liberals see are "conservative black man." look at how they go after allen west. look at how they go after michael steele. i mean all of them with wonderful qualities, i mean, that's why our blacks are so much better than their blacks. to become a black republican, you dont just rollll into it. you're not just going with the flow. you have fought against probably your family members,......etc et.c etc..........."

That's what she said? Worse than I thought....no one went after West and Steele because they are black. They went after them because they are stupid. I'm mean, seriously stupid.

no...YOU may have gone after them becuase of their ideas...I dont doubt that....yours dilike of them are not based on race....

But MANY said they were GOP shills...plants......and THAT was what she was referring to.

Liberals have started a race/class war and now they don't quite know what to do with it.

Hilarious.

no...YOU may have gone after them becuase of their ideas...I dont doubt that....yours dilike of them are not based on race....

But MANY said they were GOP shills...plants......and THAT was what she was referring to.

Using the ol "some say" technique.

Who say?

Answer: Some do

Forum List

Back