And you want $15 an hour?

What do employers expect for min wage? Good workers? How STUPID are those bosses? Answer? Very. You pay me min wage I do min work. Its called capitalism.

You do minimal work and you stay at min wage (or get fired). It fact, anyone who remains at min wage longer than 2 months deserves to be fired on general principals.
Now that's capitalism!

At fine restaurants, most waiters make well above minimum wage. They have health insurance, retirement, and other benefits. However in most small restaurants as well many chains, it's usually minimum wage, maybe a bit more and limited benefits.

The current minimum wage makes it almost impossible for many parents to work. The average cost of child care is usually at or above minimum wage. Where I live, minimum wage is $9.30/hr and the average cost of childcare is above $10/hr. In my area if you have two kids, then child care is going to cost you $12 to $15/hr, so if you can't get well above minimum wage, then you can't support your family without assistance. However, a higher minimum wage, say $15/hr would push the cost of child care up so the parent would still have the same problem.

It isn't the min wage that restricts those whose skills limit them to min $7.25/hr ... it's their lack of marketable skills. If one is capable only of making babies...
Amen. Most minimum wage workers are lucky it exists. Otherwise they would be actually paid what they're worth.

well they might be paid a lot more in a Republican free market too if there were no govt programs to suppliment their income, no illegal aliens here to take their jobs and drive wages down, no corprate and unions taxes to drive jobs away, and no deficits to allow China to buy our deficits rather than our products..
That would be true of most workers, but minimum wagers are already overpaid. That's why there's a minimum wage.

original.jpg

minimum-wage-inflation-large.png

Minimum wage should be $18.52 an hour to match the increase in worker productivity. However, it hasn't even kept up with inflation. In effect, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. If minimum wage increases matched worker productivity most people on public assistance wouldn't qualify.

What do employers expect for min wage? Good workers? How STUPID are those bosses? Answer? Very. You pay me min wage I do min work. Its called capitalism.

You do minimal work and you stay at min wage (or get fired). It fact, anyone who remains at min wage longer than 2 months deserves to be fired on general principals.
Now that's capitalism!
Which is why capitalism is regulated.

I'm a capitalist. I believe in capitalism. But capitalism only works if you have safety nets to deal with people who are naturally left behind and brutalized by it.
Thomas Friedman

At fine restaurants, most waiters make well above minimum wage. They have health insurance, retirement, and other benefits. However in most small restaurants as well many chains, it's usually minimum wage, maybe a bit more and limited benefits.

The current minimum wage makes it almost impossible for many parents to work. The average cost of child care is usually at or above minimum wage. Where I live, minimum wage is $9.30/hr and the average cost of childcare is above $10/hr. In my area if you have two kids, then child care is going to cost you $12 to $15/hr, so if you can't get well above minimum wage, then you can't support your family without assistance. However, a higher minimum wage, say $15/hr would push the cost of child care up so the parent would still have the same problem.

It isn't the min wage that restricts those whose skills limit them to min $7.25/hr ... it's their lack of marketable skills. If one is capable only of making babies...
Amen. Most minimum wage workers are lucky it exists. Otherwise they would be actually paid what they're worth.

well they might be paid a lot more in a Republican free market too if there were no govt programs to suppliment their income, no illegal aliens here to take their jobs and drive wages down, no corprate and unions taxes to drive jobs away, and no deficits to allow China to buy our deficits rather than our products..
That would be true of most workers, but minimum wagers are already overpaid. That's why there's a minimum wage.

original.jpg

Minimum wage should be $18.52 an hour to match the increase in worker productivity. However, it hasn't even kept up with inflation. In effect, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. If minimum wage increases matched worker productivity most people on public assistance wouldn't qualify.

Technically there should be no federally mandated min wage - it's a state or local function - and while I agree the lame are falling behind, it's not society's responsibility to get 'em caught up. Plenty of people get off their butts and take advantage of the educational and training opportunities available to boost themselves out of the min wage argument.

original.jpg

Technically there should be no federally mandated min wage - it's a state or local function - and while I agree the lame are falling behind, it's not society's responsibility to get 'em caught up. Plenty of people get off their butts and take advantage of the educational and training opportunities available to boost themselves out of the min wage argument.
Yes, some people do boost themselves off the bottom however they aren't the problem. It's those that can't or won't. Conservatives believe that you just let the poor fall far enough into poverty and they will pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Nice thought but that's not what history teaches us. Increasing poverty is accompanied by crime, riots, disease, and insurrection which is the basic reason we have social welfare programs, minimum wage, unemployment insurance, and such.

Yes, some people do boost themselves off the bottom however they aren't the problem. It's those that can't or won't. Conservatives believe that you just let the poor fall far enough into poverty and they will pull themselves up by their bootstraps. Nice thought but that's not what history teaches us. Increasing poverty is accompanied by crime, riots, disease, and insurrection which is the basic reason we have social welfare programs, minimum wage, unemployment insurance, and such.

Those who can't deserve our help but those who won't are indeed the problem. Liberals believe they have the right not only to play nanny to those who won't but to require the rest of us to pay for them. Liberals need to get over themselves.

Those who can't deserve our help but those who won't are indeed the problem. Liberals believe they have the right not only to play nanny to those who won't but to require the rest of us to pay for them. Liberals need to get over themselves.
You might be surprised by how many liberals don't give a damn about the poor but are mostly concerned about the effect on society of more people falling into poverty.

You might be surprised by how many liberals don't give a damn about the poor but are mostly concerned about the effect on society of more people falling into poverty.

You might be surprised by how many cons do care about the poor (plenty of cons are poor) and are also concerned about the effect on society of more people falling into poverty. Liberals seem to think they have a monopoly on compassion when actually we just differ on the best ways to deal with the problems. Libs like to throw money at them ... others people's money.

Now that's capitalism!

And what is your definition of minimal work?

Went to McDonald's for lunch today. No protesters to be seen btw. I ordered a number 7 meal, large with a Diet Coke and a Happy Meal cheeseburger for a girl. Thinking that I also wanted a small mcnuggets, I asked what sizes that they come in. The lady said 4, 6, and 10. "I'll take a 4 piece please."

I get my order and she hands me two large drink cups. Then she asks me what drink I wanted with my happy meal. I didn't know what to say since she was just going to give me an empty cup for me to fill.

At this point, voices in my head should have told me to check my order, but the voices failed. When I got back home they didnt give me my 4 piece but instead put the four piece in the happy meal and the child didnt get her cheeseburger. Practically the entire order was screwed up.

How does anyone deserve to double their salary when they perform their job so badly? It's nonsense.

Maybe if they were paid more they would care more.

Went to McDonald's for lunch today. No protesters to be seen btw. I ordered a number 7 meal, large with a Diet Coke and a Happy Meal cheeseburger for a girl. Thinking that I also wanted a small mcnuggets, I asked what sizes that they come in. The lady said 4, 6, and 10. "I'll take a 4 piece please."

I get my order and she hands me two large drink cups. Then she asks me what drink I wanted with my happy meal. I didn't know what to say since she was just going to give me an empty cup for me to fill.

At this point, voices in my head should have told me to check my order, but the voices failed. When I got back home they didnt give me my 4 piece but instead put the four piece in the happy meal and the child didnt get her cheeseburger. Practically the entire order was screwed up.

How does anyone deserve to double their salary when they perform their job so badly? It's nonsense.

Conservatives don't think like that. They expect great service for shitty wages.

Conservatives don't think like that. They expect great service for shitty wages.

I expect great service from everyone who is employed. People are not slaves, if they feel that they're being exploited, then they should quit. Once they take a job though, no matter what job, then they should take pride in doing that job well. Paying them more won't fix this character defect.

Now that's capitalism!

I wouldn't know ... I've never done it. The concept is Initforme's. Perhaps you should ask him but the definition is clear:
min·i·mal
adjective: minimal
  1. of a minimum amount, quantity, or degree; negligible.

Now that's capitalism!

I wouldn't know ... I've never done it. The concept is Initforme's. Perhaps you should ask him but the definition is clear:
min·i·mal
adjective: minimal
  1. of a minimum amount, quantity, or degree; negligible.

You probably have done minimal work. I bet I could look at what you do each day and tell you whether its more or less than what I did today.

No, if they cared more they wouldn't be working there. They would have cared about thier education, they would have cared about their future, they are there because they are fuck ups and fuck ups don't deserve $15/hour.

Fast food workers may not deserve $15/hour, but the companies can certainly afford it. Strictly speaking, most jobs in a fast food restaurant could be done by automation, or well-trained monkies (as in Japan.) Making a career in fast food more appealing by raising the pay is perhaps counter-productive.

The ones who should be Priority One for a massive pay raise (as with doubling it or more) is our enlisted military. If the US wishes to continue making war a profit-driven imperative, then it should share the treasure with the grunts called upon to fight for it.

Even old world pirates shared the booty with their men who helped aquire it. Since that's what America's doing in the middle east of late, and we're supposedly so much nobler than pirates, share the loot. Or maybe what disgruntled pirate crews used to do to unfair captains might happen again.

We don't think like that because we conservative live in the real world.

Liberals need to get over themselves.

there are 2 kinds of liberals:

1) the bigots who think they are morally superior because they support more and more welfare

2) the diabolical who don't care that welfare cripples and kills as long as it creates a dependent voting constituency.

You might be surprised by how many cons do care about the poor (plenty of cons are poor) and are also concerned about the effect on society of more people falling into poverty. Liberals seem to think they have a monopoly on compassion when actually we just differ on the best ways to deal with the problems. Libs like to throw money at them ... others people's money.
No, liberals and conservative just have different approaches to poverty. Liberals believe if wages are so low the poor can't provide food and shelter for the family, you provide assistance, raise the minimum wage, and provide programs to help the poor get out of poverty. Conservatives believe the poor are poor because there'er just lazy. So you cut minimum wage, food stamps, other programs and they will work harder, go back to school, develop new skills. The problem with this approach is it's fairly tale.

The problem with this approach is it's fairly tale.

too 100% stupid and liberal as always. China just adoped the sink or swim approach and now they are all getting rich rather than starving to death under liberlalism. Americans came here to be free not to get welfare you treasonous deadly devil liberal.

Forum List

Back