...and the wussification of America's youth rages on

This must be what Shogun calls the Ravi treatment. You aren't making a lick of sense. The kid WAS playing by the rules.

You have to excuse rikki tikki ravi sometimes. She can't resist the urge to post on any subject, no matter how little she might actually know about it. :badgrin:

(no, you didn't mani)

Dillo, I googled around and the latest story is that the kid was told by the league he couldn't pitch. They offered to let him play in another age group. They offered to let him play another position, which he apparently did for a while. The last game, the coach told the kid to pitch...after the league said he couldn't.

Now, the reasons he wasn't allowed to pitch are suspicious, I'll agree, and I really have no way of knowing if he could pitch 40 mph or if 40 mph is a dangerous pitch amoung the 8 to 10 set. BUT, the league ruled and he broke the rule and now Mom is suing. Clearly, IMO, a rule was broken. And if, as you say, team sports are about the team, then I can't figure out what you are crying about.

(no, you didn't mani)

Dillo, I googled around and the latest story is that the kid was told by the league he couldn't pitch. They offered to let him play in another age group. They offered to let him play another position, which he apparently did for a while. The last game, the coach told the kid to pitch...after the league said he couldn't.

Now, the reasons he wasn't allowed to pitch are suspicious, I'll agree, and I really have no way of knowing if he could pitch 40 mph or if 40 mph is a dangerous pitch amoung the 8 to 10 set. BUT, the league ruled and he broke the rule and now Mom is suing. Clearly, IMO, a rule was broken. And if, as you say, team sports are about the team, then I can't figure out what you are crying about.

right--how can the league possibly get away with telling anyone that they cannot play a certain position? Baseball teams are comprised of individual athletes playing one of the 9 ( sometimes 10 in little league ) positions. This team decided it would be competitive by placing this kid in the pitching position. The entire team was punished by not lettting this kid pitch.
Now quit being such a horse's ass and pretending you don't see the foul play involved here ( foul play--get it ? )
:D

right--how can the league possibly get away with telling anyone that they cannot play a certain position? Baseball teams are comprised of individual athletes playing one of the 9 ( sometimes 10 in little league ) positions. This team decided it would be competitive by placing this kid in the pitching position. The entire team was punished by not lettting this kid pitch.
Now quit being such a horse's ass and pretending you don't see the foul play involved here ( foul play--get it ? )
:D
So you are saying that in fact the league itself has no oversight and no right to have rules? What exactly is the purpose of the league then?

Forum List

Back