...and the wussification of America's youth rages on

I learned all those things as a child playing with other children without ever playing on a sports team. And we got to express our creativity also.

I could tell right off the "bat" you weren't a real team player. Now how exactly do you know that you learned the exact same skills as you would have if you had been involved in a team sport ?

I could tell right off the "bat" you weren't a real team player. Now how exactly do you know that you learned the exact same skills as you would have if you had been involved in a team sport ?
You mean like kids playing together, setting their own rules and learning to cooperate with their peers without an adult orchestrating their actions? That's how I grew up.

You mean like kids playing together, setting their own rules and learning to cooperate with their peers without an adult orchestrating their actions? That's how I grew up.

Me too. I also was on a swim team, basketball team, track team.

Funny, I NEVER had a coach yell, scream or cuss at me. Or a parent for that matter.

Flash forward to my daughter's soccer and basketball games. Coaches cussing at the kids, parents cussing at the refs or the coaches, kids showing bad sportsmanship if they get a bad call.......

It kinda takes the fun out of playing sports for the kids, ya know?

My freshman football coach used to carry around a piece of 2x4 that he would whack us in the helmet with when we screwed up.

Funny thing is...we went undefeated. :D

Me too. I also was on a swim team, basketball team, track team.

Funny, I NEVER had a coach yell, scream or cuss at me. Or a parent for that matter.

Flash forward to my daughter's soccer and basketball games. Coaches cussing at the kids, parents cussing at the refs or the coaches, kids showing bad sportsmanship if they get a bad call.......

It kinda takes the fun out of playing sports for the kids, ya know?

What did you expect when liberalism crept into team sports. Why do you think the term "soccer mom" was even originated ? and yes--I'm stating flatly that liberalism's desire for equality and fairness in all things has gone so overboard that they turn into screaming meemies at youth team sporting events.

What did you expect when liberalism crept into team sports. Why do you think the term "soccer mom" was even originated ? and yes--I'm stating flatly that liberalism's desire for equality and fairness in all things has gone so overboard that they turn into screaming meemies at youth team sporting events.

i live in avery county nc...republican.....you want to see some bad sportsman ship.....come to any baseball or football game. seems poor sportsman ship has no party.

i live in avery county nc...republican.....you want to see some bad sportsman ship.....come to any baseball or football game. seems poor sportsman ship has no party.

We have Obama bitching and moaning because a radio station isn't being fair to him. So much in fact that he actually wants to censor them. Is he afraid that McCain is too good of a player too and wants to kick him out ?

Meemies?

I see it differently. Team sports mean you follow the rules. I always tell my kids they can join any group they want to join, but they are responsible for following the rules. If they disagree with a rule, they can try to change it, but if they came home and suggested suing over it I'd laugh them out of the state.

This boy joined a TEAM. If the goal of a team, as you, yourself, posted above is to learn to make it as a team, then he should try to follow the rules of the team. If his goal is to become a major league player, he also needs to learn that rule.

Meemies?

I see it differently. Team sports mean you follow the rules. I always tell my kids they can join any group they want to join, but they are responsible for following the rules. If they disagree with a rule, they can try to change it, but if they came home and suggested suing over it I'd laugh them out of the state.

This boy joined a TEAM. If the goal of a team, as you, yourself, posted above is to learn to make it as a team, then he should try to follow the rules of the team. If his goal is to become a major league player, he also needs to learn that rule.

The kid DID make it as TEAM member and PLAYED as a TEAM member. Coaches from other TEAMS were pissed because this kids contribution to the TEAM made them too good so they did change the rules. They told him he COULDN'T be a team member and disbanded his whole TEAM.

The kid DID make it as TEAM member and PLAYED as a TEAM member. Coaches from other TEAMS were pissed because this kids contribution to the TEAM made them too good so they did change the rules. They told him he COULDN'T be a team member and disbanded his whole TEAM.
Because he pitched too fast. Because the LEAGUE made the decision, and they set the rules for the TEAM. Also, I understand they at first offered to move him in with older players (I'm guessing the 11 & 12's) and they also offered him another position on his TEAM. It seems to me they tried to accommodate Lil Lord F.

Why they didn't just ban fast ball pitches is a mystery.

The bigger mystery is why they felt they needed to do anything at all. I'd be surprised if even one single kid on the opposing teams actually whined. I'm betting it was the parents and the parents only. I mean seriously, if some wuss kid actually said, waaaaaaaah, he pitches too fast, he needs to be told in no uncertain terms, stop being such a eff'n crybaby you goddamn pansy!

The bigger mystery is why they felt they needed to do anything at all. I'd be surprised if even one single kid on the opposing teams actually whined. I'm betting it was the parents and the parents only. I mean seriously, if some wuss kid actually said, waaaaaaaah, he pitches too fast, he needs to be told in no uncertain terms, stop being such a eff'n crybaby you goddamn pansy!
I can't disagree with that. Parents of kids playing sports are perhaps the biggest bunch of losers on the planet.

Parents of kids playing sports are perhaps the biggest bunch of losers on the planet.

I never knew you to make such wide sweeping generalizations, especially derogatory ones. Welcome to the dark side! :D

Because he pitched too fast. Because the LEAGUE made the decision, and they set the rules for the TEAM. Also, I understand they at first offered to move him in with older players (I'm guessing the 11 & 12's) and they also offered him another position on his TEAM. It seems to me they tried to accommodate Lil Lord F.

Cmon Ravi. Are we gonna kick the smartest kid in class outta school too ? This doesn't have shit to do with how fast the guy pitches and has everything to do with the league officials listening to whiney loser coaches.

Forum List

Back