And our GDP is..............

our manufacturing base has been destroyed.. our economy is a joke!

Well, since this isn't the Industrial Revolution anymore, manufacturing in the US isn't anywhere near as important as it used to be. Our manufacturing base became destroyed in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

This is why we have such a huge trade deficit.

Well, since this isn't the Industrial Revolution anymore, manufacturing in the US isn't anywhere near as important as it used to be. Our manufacturing base became destroyed in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

so the trade deficit is unimportant? WTF?:cuckoo:

Yes - it's unimportant. It just shows we import more than we export. It holds no baring on the state of our economy.

Important to whom, exactly?

I'd say the thirty or fourty million people who don't have decent paying industrial jobs think its still pretty important.

And given that they are working for pissant wages (if they're lucky) and don't pay any taxes becauseof that, it's important to anyone who makes enough to have to make up for their lost taxes, too.

America is going broke thanks in good part to free trade.

You seriously don't understand why that's bad in multiple ways for this economy?

I gave you more credit than that, Dave.

Yes - it's unimportant. It just shows we import more than we export. It holds no baring on the state of our economy.

the GDP equation disagrees with you.

We've learned all we need to know.

But for the masses most of this crap is over their heads, and the politicians don't give a shit about anything other then the next election.

it is stunning the number of stupid people living in america today...

Soon as the media gives the proverbial all clear signal to go ahead and spend again, we'll begin our journey once again towards the next big bust.

Next one's gonna be a doozy. This one was tame, believe me.

Soon as the media gives the proverbial all clear signal to go ahead and spend again, we'll begin our journey once again towards the next big bust.

how long do you think it will take to bust?

how long do you think it will take to bust?
Inflation will go nuts as soon as spending velocity picks up, that's for sure.

As for the bust, that's anyone's guess.

Forum List

Back