And our GDP is..............

all the idiots are all jacked because the DOW is back over 9,000.. while unemployment continues to sky rocket!:eek::cuckoo:

Yeah, there's still hundreds of billions waiting in bank reserves to be lent out yet.

If Bernanke pulls out the miracle he's claiming, perhaps we can avoid something horrible. But as gonegolfin mentioned in his missive on Bernanke's exit strategy, who remembers the last time the Fed got it right? Anyone? Buellerrrrrr?

We're already seeing the equities markets inflating as we speak. There's really no reason for the market to have come this far back at this point, other than people putting their excess dollars to work. Just wait until all those reserves start flowing.

The question really isn't when is the bust coming, at least for me anyway...the question is when is the right time to get your savings out of the market BEFORE the bust happens.

Soon as the media gives the proverbial all clear signal to go ahead and spend again, we'll begin our journey once again towards the next big bust.

Next one's gonna be a doozy. This one was tame, believe me.

how long do you think it will take to bust?
Inflation will go nuts as soon as spending velocity picks up, that's for sure.

As for the bust, that's anyone's guess.

So what?

We will have problems, but we will succeed.

There is a democratization of the planet going on.

Progress will win out in the end.

how long do you think it will take to bust?

So what?

You're in a thead about economics, and you're speaking in campaign slogans.

Do us a favor and act like you know what the fuck you're talking about, or shut the fuck up please. It's annoying to watch you make 4 sentence posts that mean less than jack shit.

If Bernanke pulls out the miracle he's claiming, perhaps we can avoid something horrible. But as gonegolfin mentioned in his missive on Bernanke's exit strategy, who remembers the last time the Fed got it right? Anyone? Buellerrrrrr?
This is what drives me abso-friggin'-lutely nuts about pointy-headed ivory tower Keynesian economic technocrats....They seem to presume that they've become some kind of Kreskins, viz. what totally subjective and chaotic people will do in the economy, especially when so few of them even know the basics of what's going on.

The question really isn't when is the bust coming, at least for me anyway...the question is when is the right time to get your savings out of the market BEFORE the bust happens.
I'm already out.

I'm staying in construction, real estate and coin for the duration.

Last edited:

So what?

Do us a favor and act like you know what the fuck you're talking about, or shut the fuck up please. It's annoying to watch you make 4 sentence posts that mean less than jack shit.

Insulting people you don't know on a messageboard is pretty lame, don't you think?

I saw Warren Buffett on CNBC the other night, and he was saying the same thing.

Television and the Internet are making our planet more democratic. You can't get away with things because the flow of information cannot be controlled as easily.

Insulting people you don't know on a messageboard is pretty lame, don't you think?

I saw Warren Buffett on CNBC the other night, and he was saying the same thing.

Television and the Internet are making our planet more democratic. You can't get away with things because the flow of information cannot be controlled as easily.
So, you're admitting that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, and are just parroting some snippet you heard on the teevee.

And you wonder why people call you a stupid fuck!! :rofl:

This is what drives me abso-friggin'-lutely nuts about pointy-headed ivory tower Keynesian economic technocrats....They seem to presume that they've become some kind of Kreskins, viz. what totally subjective and chaotic people will do in the economy, especially when so few of them even know the basics of what's going on.

I'm already out.

I'm staying in construction, real estate and coin for the duration.
I think there's definitely another round of asset inflation on the way, which will make for a nice opportunity to make some money. I mean, people are going to need a place to put all this extra money to get some growth out of it while the USD value drops due to the money supply expansion that's on the way. It's not going to be all precious metals, either. I like 30% in metals at all times right now, but I like the opportunity the equities market seems to be presenting us with, too.

I'm treading extremely carefully though. In fact, I'm not even bothering with big-caps. I'm finding the small and micro-caps that have healthy balance sheets and a lot of growth potential.

I think there's definitely another round of asset inflation on the way, which will make for a nice opportunity to make some money. I mean, people are going to need a place to put all this extra money to get some growth out of it while the USD value drops due to the money supply expansion that's on the way. It's not going to be all precious metals, either. I like 30% in metals at all times right now, but I like the opportunity the equities market seems to be presenting us with, too.

I'm treading extremely carefully though. In fact, I'm not even bothering with big-caps. I'm finding the small and micro-caps that have healthy balance sheets and a lot of growth potential.
Probably a good strategy.

Personally, most of my hard asset purchase won't be in bullion. A good mix of that, collectible and junk circulated coin makes for a much more balanced approach.

Living indoors never goes out of style, though.

Personally, most of my hard asset purchase won't be in bullion. A good mix of that, collectible and junk circulated coin makes for a much more balanced approach.

Silver is undervalued right now. It's probably worth grabbing a bunch before it's too late.

I tried liquidating some silver coins last weekend to fund my scottrade account with, and the bastards tried giving me $10 a coin :rolleyes:

Spot price was $14. And this guy doesn't resell them either, he wants them for himself because he knows what's coming. No way I'm losing +30% on each coin because he's a greedy bastard. In fact, all the shops around here were offering the same amount.

I could get spot plus a premium if I sold on eBay, I just wanted the quicker cash because I had a stock pick I wanted to fill up on and didn't want to wait too long and miss my price.

I'd LOVE to pick up some silver coins for $10 a piece right now. Maybe I should open a make-shift shop and see what comes of it :lol:

Silver is undervalued right now. It's probably worth grabbing a bunch before it's too late.

I tried liquidating some silver coins last weekend to fund my scottrade account with, and the bastards tried giving me $10 a coin :rolleyes:

Spot price was $14. And this guy doesn't resell them either, he wants them for himself because he knows what's coming. No way I'm losing +30% on each coin because he's a greedy bastard. In fact, all the shops around here were offering the same amount.

I could get spot plus a premium if I sold on eBay, I just wanted the quicker cash because I had a stock pick I wanted to fill up on and didn't want to wait too long and miss my price.

I'd LOVE to pick up some silver coins for $10 a piece right now. Maybe I should open a make-shift shop and see what comes of it :lol:

What about Ford?

What about Ford?

It's up almost $2 just in July so far. I'd wait for a retracement, but I like them long term.

I hate myself for not picking them up at under $2 when they initially said they didn't need a bailout. I was skeptical of what that might have meant back then, and I don't trust the media, so I laid off. Obviously I was wrong.

What about Ford?

It's up almost $2 just in July so far. I'd wait for a retracement, but I like them long term.

I hate myself for not picking them up at under $2 when they initially said they didn't need a bailout. I was skeptical of what that might have meant back then, and I don't trust the media, so I laid off. Obviously I was wrong.

a lot of people are kicking themselves for not buying it.

Circulated junk coin is a good bet, too.

You want to set up a makeshift shop, try renting a booth at a flea market.

I wish people would understand that this is not a political issue.

We have an economy that is heavily indebted and reliant upon the value of assets such as homes and stocks.

This started under Clinton, was perpetuated by Bush and is being pumped up under Obama. It doesn't matter if its a Republican or a Democrat Congress. It has all been the same. This is how our economy is being run, and it is a political consensus. We are highly reliant on the excess creation of money and enormous global economic imbalances. It is highly unlikely that this is sustainable. And when it collapses, it will not be a Republican nor a Democrat's fault.

I wish people would understand that this is not a political issue.

We have an economy that is heavily indebted and reliant upon the value of assets such as homes and stocks.

This started under Clinton, was perpetuated by Bush and is being pumped up under Obama. It doesn't matter if its a Republican or a Democrat Congress. It has all been the same. This is how our economy is being run, and it is a political consensus. We are highly reliant on the excess creation of money and enormous global economic imbalances. It is highly unlikely that this is sustainable. And when it collapses, it will not be a Republican nor a Democrat's fault.

what about reinstating Glass-Steagall and some of the other regulations that were in place before Clinton repealed them?

Forum List

Back