And now what?

Sirkarl101

Nov 20, 2011
For those who realize that the system is screwed up. All the politicians are bought in some degree. The courts are loaded against us in most cases. The Fed is private. The banking system is corrupt. Taxes are unfair. What do we do? Fight among ourselves while we all get screwed in the process. There is no help coming from Washington, if you believe that, you can stop reading. You can accept the crumbs and blame others. I want to know what do we do to completely change things for all people in every party who only inspire to have the ability to become middle class?
This thread is meant for solutions and not party bashing because those who see thing for what they really are know all those in this current government will not bring about change. It is my belief that we abolish the current government and get back to the basics by returning the power back to the voters and restructure the processes for the new global economy and politics we live in. These things must be addressed or no approach to solutions will work.

I say we get a bunch of people together, make some signs, march on DC and shout really really loud!

I think we should start a letter drive to the FCC, asking them to no longer allow any kind of election commercial to air on television.

Imagine a world without campaign commercials...they couldn't use dishonesty and deceit to annoy everyone, they wouldn't need to raise all those millions of dollars to get elected.

This would go a great distance to helping solve our problems.

For those who realize that the system is screwed up. All the politicians are bought in some degree. The courts are loaded against us in most cases. The Fed is private. The banking system is corrupt. Taxes are unfair. What do we do? Fight among ourselves while we all get screwed in the process. There is no help coming from Washington, if you believe that, you can stop reading. You can accept the crumbs and blame others. I want to know what do we do to completely change things for all people in every party who only inspire to have the ability to become middle class?
This thread is meant for solutions and not party bashing because those who see thing for what they really are know all those in this current government will not bring about change. It is my belief that we abolish the current government and get back to the basics by returning the power back to the voters and restructure the processes for the new global economy and politics we live in. These things must be addressed or no approach to solutions will work.

Good idea....really.
And yes, i think most people on both "sides" hate the same things about our Gov't. But most can't even think of having a civil conversation with the other "side"....

I say we get a bunch of people together, make some signs, march on DC and shout really really loud!

My sign:

A fair and simple tax code, a budget that's balanced by law, transparency in all things politics and then build an economy that your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

That's what my sign says. The rest will fall into place if we pursue fair and simple taxes, a budget that's balanced by law and transparency in all things politics.

I think we should start a letter drive to the FCC, asking them to no longer allow any kind of election commercial to air on television.

Imagine a world without campaign commercials...they couldn't use dishonesty and deceit to annoy everyone, they wouldn't need to raise all those millions of dollars to get elected.

Why not go straight for the prize and make it illegal for anyone not in a public employee union to vote?

The effect is about the same.

Well.....we could always post anonymous rants on political message boards

That is usually effective

The system isn't screwed up. The people are.

The system is screwed up. Our tax code is patently unfair, our budget is out of control with borrowing and spending, and our political system, with the Citizens United ruling, is more corrupt than Mexico, but we do a better job at the paperwork.

The ONLY two things we have going for us is a highly professional military and The Constitution.

The system is screwed up. Our tax code is patently unfair, our budget is out of control with borrowing and spending, and our political system, with the Citizens United ruling, is more corrupt than Mexico, but we do a better job at the paperwork.

The ONLY two things we have going for us is a highly professional military and The Constitution.

The system needs some tweaks. And those would be easy to put into place if the people weren't corrupt.

But we need to fix the people or the Constitution doesn't matter and the military is something that will scare sane people.

Yes, because then we wouldn't know for whom to vote or why, leading to even more straight-ticket voting!

Brilliant! :beer:

The system needs some tweaks. And those would be easy to put into place if the people weren't corrupt.

But we need to fix the people or the Constitution doesn't matter and the military is something that will scare sane people.

I'll grant you that the number one problem facing American Politics at this moment in history is corruption, but changes to the system, like ultra transparency in politics is the answer. The unfortunate track record for Congress is that if a corrupt politician is replaced by a fair minded man, you end up with two corrupt politicians, the elder now in the Senate.

I'll grant you that the number one problem facing American Politics at this moment in history is corruption, but changes to the system, like ultra transparency in politics is the answer. The unfortunate track record for Congress is that if a corrupt politician is replaced by a fair minded man, you end up with two corrupt politicians, the elder now in the Senate.

We've had corruption and survived it. What we have never had to the current extent is pandering. The democrats serve the public employee unions, illegal aliens, centralized medicine and a host of other interests. The Republicans aren't much better.

The health and welfare of the nation aren't even an afterthought. The Tea Party was elected to clean up the mess, but was savaged in the press, undermined by the Republicans while under assault by the dims. The popular press is based on demagoguery and attacks anyone suggesting that irresponsible public programs be curtailed with headlines of "starving children" and "telling people to die." Yet it works, the public was so stupid that they turned on the reformers and demanded that we go back to unsustainable borrowing to keep the union goons and entitlement junkies happy. Corruption is a problem, but not the top problem. Pandering is the top problem.

We've had corruption and survived it. What we have never had to the current extent is pandering. The democrats serve the public employee unions, illegal aliens, centralized medicine and a host of other interests. The Republicans aren't much better.

The health and welfare of the nation aren't even an afterthought. The Tea Party was elected to clean up the mess, but was savaged in the press, undermined by the Republicans while under assault by the dims. The popular press is based on demagoguery and attacks anyone suggesting that irresponsible public programs be curtailed with headlines of "starving children" and "telling people to die." Yet it works, the public was so stupid that they turned on the reformers and demanded that we go back to unsustainable borrowing to keep the union goons and entitlement junkies happy. Corruption is a problem, but not the top problem. Pandering is the top problem.

I strongly agree with about all the above except let's be clear; all that couldn't be possible except for a fifth-column media. And it is they who so terrorize the republicans as to render them effectively neutered.

Last edited:
I don't foresee any significant change in DC until our system collapses on itself due to debt, which at some point down the road will happen. At that point, hopefully, we can rebuild and regain some fiscal sanity and live within our means and nature's constraints.

I don't foresee any significant change in DC until our system collapses on itself due to debt, which at some point down the road will happen. At that point, hopefully, we can rebuild and regain some fiscal sanity and live within our means and nature's constraints.
Word. Too many people have too much invested in the system as it is now for any sort of widespread change. It's almost like a prisoner's dilemma on a massive scale.

No. The solution to the corruption problem is to start by ceasing to be corrupt and then persuading others to do likewise.

Word. Too many people have too much invested in the system as it is now for any sort of widespread change. It's almost like a prisoner's dilemma on a massive scale.

Almost, but I liken it more to spoiled children who can't bear the thought of Mommy cutting the apron strings, lol. What our social programs have created is a bunch of cowardly entitlement-minded children who are quite happy to be wards of the state.

Forum List

Back