Analyzing A Practical Minimum Wage

Workers made good money in the textile plants, in the steel mills, in tool and die shops, and in the furniture factories.

what planet have you been living?? You base your world view on the post ww2 era when the entire world was undeveloped or had been bombed to smitherines and we had the only economy left standing. Its time to wake up and look at the real world. We don't bitch because Central America has cheap bananas and coffee or because china has cheap labor. We buy what they are best and cheap at to get rich , not to get poor.

Do you understand now?

Well, " IF " the American worker was allowed to work and produce, then there would be no problem with the standard of living, nor with low prices. Fair competition for goods and services, produce low prices. Like wise, fair competition for good employees produce good wages. Think back to a time when we had plants and factories on almost every street corner. We had self-supporting opportunities for all education and skill levels. Workers made good money in the textile plants, in the steel mills, in tool and die shops, and in the furniture factories. Now, those jobs are in foreign countries.
It sounds like you want to start shipping people to China. No one wants to pay $35 for a proudly made in the USA union t-shirt. So you either add tariffs to equal that or you ship people out so they can live off of $3 a day.

Some American companies do compete with global products, they do it with innovation, creativity or automation. A lot of American companies are very successful, I don't know where you are getting your info from but it sounds like sour grapes. If you aren't employable, who's fault is it?

Some American companies do compete with global products,?

some??? America is the most incredible country in the history of the world. All the great companies of the world are American. We invent everything and create the health care to keep the world healthy. We hold 80% of recent important medical patents.

Well, " IF " the American worker was allowed to work and produce, then there would be no problem with the standard of living, nor with low prices. Fair competition for goods and services, produce low prices. Like wise, fair competition for good employees produce good wages. Think back to a time when we had plants and factories on almost every street corner. We had self-supporting opportunities for all education and skill levels. Workers made good money in the textile plants, in the steel mills, in tool and die shops, and in the furniture factories. Now, those jobs are in foreign countries.
It sounds like you want to start shipping people to China. No one wants to pay $35 for a proudly made in the USA union t-shirt. So you either add tariffs to equal that or you ship people out so they can live off of $3 a day.

Some American companies do compete with global products, they do it with innovation, creativity or automation. A lot of American companies are very successful, I don't know where you are getting your info from but it sounds like sour grapes. If you aren't employable, who's fault is it?
FYI - I'm retired. I worked for over 40 years. No sour grapes here. You assume way too much. We do not need tariffs, nor do we need protectionism. My information comes from years of seeing our industries and jobs leave this country. My information comes from our trade deficits stats. My information comes from our trade imbalances. My information comes from our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies. I'm retired, unemployed, only because I want to be. I live very well, thank you. My bills are paid on time and I live in a nice home. We do not need to send our workers over seas. And, we do not need to work for $3.00 a day. All that's needed is fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade agreements and policies. All that's needed is for America to produce what America uses and consumes. We do not need to continue to be import dependent. We do not need to continue to sacrifice our economic well-being in favor of strengthening foreign economies. We are creating a poor and dependent society because we do not have an adequate number of living wage jobs to meet the demand of our rapidly growing work force. This is not rocket science. It's nothing more than common sense and simple logic. We need jobs that cover all education and skill levels in order to put Americans back to work.

Workers made good money in the textile plants, in the steel mills, in tool and die shops, and in the furniture factories.

what planet have you been living?? You base your world view on the post ww2 era when the entire world was undeveloped or had been bombed to smitherines and we had the only economy left standing. Its time to wake up and look at the real world. We don't bitch because Central America has cheap bananas and coffee or because china has cheap labor. We buy what they are best and cheap at to get rich , not to get poor.

Do you understand now?
Nonsense. I base my view on common sense and simple logic. We have a rapidly growing population. Where are we to work? Do we continue to create a poor and dependent society? Why should we continue to strengthen foreign economies at the expense of our own? Why not demand fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade with our many trading partners? Is there something wrong with putting America back to work? Or, had you rather have our work force living off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks?

. All that's needed is fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade agreements and policies. .

dear please grow up!! Nothing is fair as long as liberals impose the highest taxes in the world on our corporations to make them move out.

Do you understand?

Some American companies do compete with global products,?

some??? America is the most incredible country in the history of the world. All the great companies of the world are American. We invent everything and create the health care to keep the world healthy. We hold 80% of recent important medical patents.
Oh, and meanwhile, our workforce is surviving off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks. And, while Americans are idle, we're importing labor, off-shore out-sourcing jobs, and allowing millions of illegal immigrants to live and work in this country. In addition, while we're creating a poor and dependent society, we're strengthening foreign economies.

. All that's needed is fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade agreements and policies. .

dear please grow up!! Nothing is fair as long as liberals impose the highest taxes in the world on our corporations to make them move out.

Do you understand?
FYI - It's not just Liberals, it's the whole of the Washington Brotherhood. All of them have had a hand in the mess, through many administrations.

FYI - It's not just Liberals, it's the whole of the Washington Brotherhood. All of them have had a hand in the mess, through many administrations.

stop lying. Republicans are opposed to corporate taxes and would eliminate them if they could. This would mean 10 million new jobs overnight!!

Do you understand?

stop lying. Republicans are opposed to corporate taxes and would eliminate them if they could. This would mean 10 million new jobs overnight!!
We can't blame everything on one party or the other. The Washington Brotherhood is made up of both parties, and through the decades, they've all had a hand in the mess, through many administrations. This didn't just start yesterday.

Oh, and meanwhile, our workforce is surviving off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks..

yes liberal policies are horrible and disgusting

1) Make unions illegal ( 10 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

2) make minimum wage illegal ( 5 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

3) end business taxation ( 5 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

4) make inflation illegal ( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose
5) make Federal debt illegal( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

6) send illegal workers home(8 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

7) Pass Balanced Budget Amendment to Constitution( 3 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

8) cut pay of government workers in half( 4 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

9) Make health insurance competition legal( 6 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

10) end needless business regulations ( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

11) restrict Federal spending to 15% of GNP( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

12) support unlimited free trade( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

13) reduced unemployment compensation, welfare, food stamps, medicaid.( 2 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

14) privatize education, social security ( 4 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

15) end payroll taxes ( 1 million new jobs) Democrats oppose

Since Democrats always oppose wisdom and common sense the only serious option is to make them illegal as the Constitution intended.

yes, the liberal will lack the IQ to know that a higher wage will mean fewer jobs and higher prices so that no net gain is possible.

Market liquidity is the only thing that creates jobs. The only thing that creates market liquidity is consumer spending. The only thing that creates consumer spending, is money in worker's pockets.

yes, the liberal will lack the IQ to know that a higher wage will mean fewer jobs and higher prices so that no net gain is possible.

Market liquidity is the only thing that creates jobs. The only thing that creates market liquidity is consumer spending. The only thing that creates consumer spending, is money in worker's pockets.

So get off your ample ass and make more money.

And you have yet to show me how I can triple my labor costs and not have to raise prices.

And you have yet to show me how I can triple my labor costs and not have to raise prices.

I am semi retired with plenty of money, because I understand a few fundamental business concepts. Like it takes money to make money. You don't have to raise prices to cover labor costs if your increased sales exceed that investment.

I am semi retired with plenty of money, because I understand a few fundamental business concepts. Like it takes money to make money. You don't have to raise prices to cover labor costs if your increased sales exceed that investment.

And how exactly will my sales increase enough to cover the extra cost? Does paying people more magically result in higher business revenue?

You said all things being equal that my labor cost has no effect of my prices now you say I have to increase my revenue to cover increases in labor costs.

Make up your mind.

And how exactly will my sales increase enough to cover the extra cost? Does paying people more magically result in higher business revenue?

You said all things being equal that my labor cost has no effect of my prices now you say I have to increase my revenue to cover increases in labor costs.

Make up your mind.

I never said otherwise. This is what I have been saying all along. Increased payrates will translate into increased revenue, as consumers now have more money to spend. It is a well-known fact that the working class drive our consumer-based economy. The wealthy don't spend, the middle class does. More money in middle class pockets means more spending. More spending means more revenue for my businesses. This is why I see more sales around the first of the month when welfare checks come in. But instead of welfare checks, we could have consumer spending based on earned income.

I showed you how earlier in the thread. You do it by getting government to hand you a grant, that or borrow till you have to file bankruptcy, then get government to bail you out. Just make a big announcement about the fact that you are paying triple the going rate for burger flipping and show your employees crying in excitement, the libs will come running with money to fund your experiment.

Make up your mind.
Your sales will increase from your employees buying your product.

Forum List

Back