Analysis: Obama's credibility on line in reversal

I think Obama is just playing games here, avoiding having to make the final decision and pushing the spotlight on someone, anyone else. He knows he fucked up with that "red line" comment and has found a way to play the victim: "I did all I could, but that mean Congress won't let me attack, so I'll make both sides happy and follow their wishes". Voting "present" on an important issue, again.

However...

He would definitely prove me wrong if Congress says no and he attacks anyway.

Does anyone think that could happen?

He could be pressured to do so by people calling him out in these ways, just like what is going on in these threads in which could shame him into doing or acting out in even more wrecklace ways, so who knows what a man like this will do when the pressure gets to rough, and this be it one way or the other therefore putting him as a rat backed into a corner.

The Congressional GOP leaders fully support this move by Obama.

that tells us its the right thing to do.

Barack Obama is a piece of shit, that if he was not President, would warrant his ass kicked

-Geaux

So what you are saying is that if the guy is bigger than you, he can harrass your (hypothetical) wife with impunity if you don't have a plan for taking him down.

Let's be perfectly honest here. We could annihilate Assad if we really wanted to. The question is, are the costs of doing so...

Everyone agrees that what is going on there is bad. The only question is, how many dead kids are we willing to accept before we do something.

Let's put a number on it, how many people does Assad have to kill before we do something about him?

Because he's already killed more than other guys we've taken out for a lot less.

What part of your ass did you pull that out of? The part that allows you to breathe or the part that impersonates higher functions?

You really are a stupid, dishonest motherfucker.

Do NOT attribute words to me I did not say.

Okay, for those playing along at home, here's what you said.

If I tell you (not you, you but another 'you') to stop harassing my wife, I've already thought about what I'm going to do if you don't.

I might have already decided that I'm going to kick you in the nuts or I might have already decided that I'm just going to leave or I might have decided that I'm going to draw down on you and make you piss your pants.

Now, despite the fact that TWO of the options you outlined here are CRIMES, what you said was that you would only tell someone to stop harrassing your wife if you had a "plan".

Obviously, Obama stated something. Assad would be held to account if he gassed his own people.

Yes, that's something that should have been said.

Now that he's done it, we need to back it up.

So what you are saying is that if the guy is bigger than you, he can harrass your (hypothetical) wife with impunity if you don't have a plan for taking him down.

Let's be perfectly honest here. We could annihilate Assad if we really wanted to. The question is, are the costs of doing so...

Everyone agrees that what is going on there is bad. The only question is, how many dead kids are we willing to accept before we do something.

Let's put a number on it, how many people does Assad have to kill before we do something about him?

Because he's already killed more than other guys we've taken out for a lot less.

What part of your ass did you pull that out of? The part that allows you to breathe or the part that impersonates higher functions?

You really are a stupid, dishonest motherfucker.

Do NOT attribute words to me I did not say.

Okay, for those playing along at home, here's what you said.

If I tell you (not you, you but another 'you') to stop harassing my wife, I've already thought about what I'm going to do if you don't.

I might have already decided that I'm going to kick you in the nuts or I might have already decided that I'm just going to leave or I might have decided that I'm going to draw down on you and make you piss your pants.

Now, despite the fact that TWO of the options you outlined here are CRIMES, what you said was that you would only tell someone to stop harrassing your wife if you had a "plan".

Obviously, Obama stated something. Assad would be held to account if he gassed his own people.

Yes, that's something that should have been said.

Now that he's done it, we need to back it up.

We don't have to do anything. The better option

-Geaux

If obama is so foolish as to attack a country that does not pose a threat to us, it should be treated as an act of war and met accordingly. If Syria is not competent to meet an attack by a major power, another major power should act on their behalf.

If obama is so foolish as to attack a country that does not pose a threat to us, it should be treated as an act of war and met accordingly. If Syria is not competent to meet an attack by a major power, another major power should act on their behalf.

lol, and how long ago in another thread were you telling everyone how brilliant a move it was to go to war with Iraq?

What a strange existence it must be to be totally free of the burden of shame and embarassment of being abysmally ignorant, and displaying that quality on a regular basis.

Very liberating I assume.

What credibility?

The world is laughing... he's bungled everything form Egypt to the economy... he has zero credibility with anybody but the mind-numbed moonbat lefties.

O' the horror.

Obumbler drew a fake red line in the sand.

It got transgressed.

Now, evidently to his unwarranted surprise, he finds that actually backing up his threats can come with some costs.

Therefore, he is diddling and dawdling and hemming and hawing.

OF course he'd get criticized no matter which course he selects. But he put himself in that position. He is an inept amateur. He brought this down on himself. But he's hurting all of us in the process.

He is a clusterfuck of fail.

The red line had already been drawn for years by the international community.

O' the horror.

It got transgressed.

Now, evidently to his unwarranted surprise, he finds that actually backing up his threats can come with some costs.

OF course he'd get criticized no matter which course he selects. But he put himself in that position. He is an inept amateur. He brought this down on himself. But he's hurting all of us in the process.

What red line? The one the UN backed away from last week?

-Geaux

O' the horror.

It got transgressed.

H

-Geaux

Yep, that one...

Obama's all alone on this one. Congress will not authorize a strike, and if he does it anyway, he and his coalition of one + France will be in a world of hurt.

He won't do it... he's not that stupid.

O' the horror.

It got transgressed.

-Geaux

The red line against using chemical weapons.

lol, and how long ago in another thread were you telling everyone how brilliant a move it was to go to war with Iraq?

What a strange existence it must be to be totally free of the burden of shame and embarassment of being abysmally ignorant, and displaying that quality on a regular basis.

Very liberating I assume.

Why don't you find those threads and post them? I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait.

Ted Cruz, the new idol of the Right, is praising President Obama for going to Congress.

Well, so? Obama did the right thing...

So you agree that most of the rightwing attacks on Obama for doing this are simply manifestations of the derangement syndrome.

He should of not opened his big mouth. Secondly, he should of called in a vote BEFORE going to his International pals that broke it off in his arse.

-Geaux

Forum List

Back