an idea to raise money.....

i think you should allow us to bond posters outta the pink.....with the understanding they must behave and you cant pink them for at least 6 months?

flacaltenn
That will never fly, but you've got a good idea there, bones. I have a feeling her gofundme from USMB isn't going to grow much more unless there is an incentive for posters. People have been really generous, but it sure isn't going to buy her a trailer.

Unless there is an incentive for posters? WTF?! How fucking low can you get? Gracie has basically lost everything and YOU think that members should not do anything UNLESS there is an INCENTIVE ie. that members get something in RETURN. GTFO already OL. Have YOU given a donation or ARE you waiting for an incentive?
Lucy! Jiminy Crickets! I didn't mean I needed an incentive--obviously none of us did, but to find another source of generous funds?

Okay. We will get another way, even if we have to give again ourselves, also some are auctioning things on eBay, Lewdog is auctioning for example a good comic and is giving the funds from that action to the Gracie fund.
That's awesome. I thought about a Chinese auction. The way Lewdog is doing it is probably simpler.

lucy many people have already donated.....this is just another way to raise money....no reason not to suggest it...the more money raised the better off the gofundme page is

Does she have a lead on that trailer yet? They might be able to find one in the area for about 5 thousand some place, worse case. From there maybe we can send packages and whatnot.

i would rather donate to her directly than spend money on postage....she is not settled in a home...that is her first need..and if there is going to be 10 grand raised there has to be more money raising it is simple as that....
esp with the holidays coming up....

o and lucy you can take your money shaming elsewhere....people have been very generous and there is no need to be calling people out...

Kind of off-topic, but I noticed that US Message Board hasn't updated its twitter in like two years.

I do not know what bond posters outta the pink exactly means, sorry. What's it mean? lol.

It means they think that trouble causers who have been permanently zapped from this forum should be allowed back as the INCENTIVE to give a donation to Gracie who has lost basically everything, that's how low some of this crowd is, that they want to use the tragic misfortune that has happened to Gracie and use that as a type of emotional blackmail, they want SOMETHING in RETURN for doing what OTHERS consider the basic decent and human thing to do and who ASK ZERO in return for doing that.
Once you digest the obvious mentality of the poster that initiated this thread, the rest becomes crystal clear. I've been trying to tell folks here about her for the past 3 1/2 years.

I totally agree with your observations in this matter.

o and lucy you can take your money shaming elsewhere....people have been very generous and there is no need to be calling people out...
You, Strollingbones, should take a minute or two to consider the shameful intent that you pose here. It's great that so many are willing to help someone that has fallen on hard times, very heart-warming and humane, to say the least. But, to connect giving to a worthy cause with alternative motives, is shameful and disgusting, to say the least.

You are really showing what kind of person you truly are. Thanks for revealing your true nature.

what is a chinese auction
People donate goods and people get together and view them, put in their bids on a sheet beside the item. You know what the last bid was, but not who might bid higher before it's over. It's actually a silent auction, not Chinese. Chinese auctions are lots of fun but I don't see how it could translate to the internet.

Money shaming? ROFLAO. I have donated a generous amount and I asked ZERO in return, we especially should not want disruptive trouble causers to return, that would be exchanging something very positive in helping Gracie for something very disruptive for 90% of the forum and I do not think Gracie would want a certain person returning to this forum if it's the one we all think it is because that person was exceptionally vile toward Gracie.

Kind of off-topic, but I noticed that US Message Board hasn't updated its twitter in like two years.

I do not know what bond posters outta the pink exactly means, sorry. What's it mean? lol.

It means they think that trouble causers who have been permanently zapped from this forum should be allowed back as the INCENTIVE to give a donation to Gracie who has lost basically everything, that's how low some of this crowd is, that they want to use the tragic misfortune that has happened to Gracie and use that as a type of emotional blackmail, they want SOMETHING in RETURN for doing what OTHERS consider the basic decent and human thing to do and who ASK ZERO in return for doing that.
Once you digest the obvious mentality of the poster that initiated this thread, the rest becomes crystal clear. I've been trying to tell folks here about her for the past 3 1/2 years.

Good to see you upstairs for a change Sonny, you should come up here more than you do.

Money shaming? ROFLAO. I have donated a generous amount and I asked ZERO in return, we especially should not want disruptive trouble causers to return, that would be exchanging something very positive in helping Gracie for something very disruptive for 90% of the forum and I do not think Gracie would want a certain person returning to this forum if it's the one we all think it is because that person was exceptionally vile toward Gracie.
It is a "slap-in-the-face" to every single member here that follows board rules, when a "banned" is allowed to come back and pick up where they left off. I do not understand the reasoning behind such a non-beneficial act. Remember, a leopard doesn't change its spots, especially when it comes to behavior issues.

I agree with your thoughts and reasoning in this matter. It would ONLY benefit and strengthen the "like-minded", if those previously banned, were allowed back. It would in no way benefit this board, nor members that follow board rules.

You, Strollingbones, should take a minute or two to consider the shameful intent that you pose here. It's great that so many are willing to help someone that has fallen on hard times, very heart-warming and humane, to say the least. But, to connect giving to a worthy cause with alternative motives, is shameful and disgusting, to say the least.

You are really showing what kind of person you truly are. Thanks for revealing your true nature.

The one that they want unpinked as a REWARD for giving something to Gracie is the one who frequently wished that someone would commit suicide by burning themselves alive and who LAUGHED at Gracie having cancer and her pets dying and probably is VERY upset that Gracie is still alive and wasn't consumed by that inferno. As I commented I don't think Gracie would be happy to know that in return for helping her that human filth gets to come back.

Good to see you upstairs for a change Sonny, you should come up here more than you do.
I probably will be here more often. Thanks for the invite, it's much appreciated.

You're much too kind.

I probably will be here more often. Thanks for the invite, it's much appreciated.

You're much too kind.

No problem Sonny.

i dont think pillars or mani are human filth.....nor is furby....you just seem rather fixated on stab

Stab is okay he can post some good things upstairs when he feels like it, I have no issue with Mani, don't know who furby is. Someone who LAUGHS at someone having cancer and their pets dying and wishes someone to burn themselves alive is human filth and that one was flushed and that one will stay flushed.

Forum List

Back