An Emergency for the G.O.P.

The Supreme Court will decide whether or not it is unconstitutional.

It's not Congress's job to decide that, nor is it within their authority.

Well they can at least know precedent before writing it that is what a staff is for, legal research, I know I used to do it.

Wow now the left is concerned about the President doing an end run around Congress yet when Obama decided to legislate with his phone and pen when he couldn't get his way with Congress that was acceptable. To be fair and balanced when Obama was doiong that the Republicans were the ones showing the outrage of convenience the partisan mindset along with death and taxes is one of the few constants in the world.

‘Once again, congressional Republicans are facing a gut-check moment, forced to choose between supporting and defending the Constitution or Donald J. Trump. It’s not looking good.

House Democrats introduced a joint resolution of disapproval on Friday aimed at canceling President Trump’s bogus national emergency at the southern border.

[…]

Once the resolution clears the House, the Senate is required to hold its own vote within 18 days — meaning the majority leader, Mitch McConnell, cannot do his usual stonewalling. Even so, with Republicans in control there, and loath to irk the president, the resolution is widely expected to die. At that point, it will be up to the courts, where multiple suits have already been filed, to grapple with this out-of-control executive.

It is not too late to stop this legislative cop-out. Critical principles are at stake — Congress’s power of the purse, the separation of powers — that transcend any one declaration or leader. Members of both parties need to make clear that a presidential pique is not the same thing as a national emergency, that a president who fails to persuade Congress to support his priorities can’t then simply pursue them by fiat. Lawmakers who cannot rally themselves to this cause should stop pretending that they’re anything more than partisan automatons; they will have declared themselves members of a second-class branch of government.

As has often been noted, there is no border emergency, aside from Mr. Trump’s desperation to make good on a rabble-rousing campaign slogan.’

Opinion | An Emergency for the G.O.P.

A perfect description of most Congressional Republicans: "partisan automatons.”

"partisan automatons"

describes both sides of the aisle.

I try to partisan one time but I failed when I could not be a blinded loyal fool...

Well they can at least know precedent before writing it that is what a staff is for, legal research, I know I used to do it.

Meh, let's pass it to find out what's in it. lol.

Meh, let's pass it to find out what's in it. lol.
That is not unusual again since it is the paralegals and legal secretaries which do all the work the representative or senator is merely the frontman...Works the same way in a law office also.

‘Once again, congressional Republicans are facing a gut-check moment, forced to choose between supporting and defending the Constitution or Donald J. Trump. It’s not looking good.

House Democrats introduced a joint resolution of disapproval on Friday aimed at canceling President Trump’s bogus national emergency at the southern border.

[…]

Once the resolution clears the House, the Senate is required to hold its own vote within 18 days — meaning the majority leader, Mitch McConnell, cannot do his usual stonewalling. Even so, with Republicans in control there, and loath to irk the president, the resolution is widely expected to die. At that point, it will be up to the courts, where multiple suits have already been filed, to grapple with this out-of-control executive.

It is not too late to stop this legislative cop-out. Critical principles are at stake — Congress’s power of the purse, the separation of powers — that transcend any one declaration or leader. Members of both parties need to make clear that a presidential pique is not the same thing as a national emergency, that a president who fails to persuade Congress to support his priorities can’t then simply pursue them by fiat. Lawmakers who cannot rally themselves to this cause should stop pretending that they’re anything more than partisan automatons; they will have declared themselves members of a second-class branch of government.

As has often been noted, there is no border emergency, aside from Mr. Trump’s desperation to make good on a rabble-rousing campaign slogan.’

LMAO...

After 8 years of Obama and you post this garbage? Separation of powers, power of the purse :21:

I seem not to recall your outrage then,,,,,,..............

HACK!

-Geaux

I don't really care that much about the wall one way or another, but I don't think presidents should just be able to declare a "national emergency" whenever they don't get their way on something.

This is not about him 'not getting his way. its about protecting America from the continued cancerous invasion.

-Geaux

Largest single group of migrants ever tunnels under border wall in Arizona, says Border Protection
A group of 376, including nearly 200 minors, was arrested.

(Yuma Sector Border Patrol) Seven tunnels were dug underneath the border wall near Yuma, Arizona, on Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, as a record group of migrants entered the U.S.

I don't really care that much about the wall one way or another, but I don't think presidents should just be able to declare a "national emergency" whenever they don't get their way on something.

This is not about him 'not getting his way. its about protecting America from the continued cancerous invasion.

-Geaux

Why a wall, which most experts agree won't be very cost effective?

Largest single group of migrants ever tunnels under border wall in Arizona, says Border Protection
A group of 376, including nearly 200 minors, was arrested.

(Yuma Sector Border Patrol) Seven tunnels were dug underneath the border wall near Yuma, Arizona, on Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, as a record group of migrants entered the U.S.

LMAO..

The design requirements of todays measure will have the wall buried to a specific depth on top of a concrete footer. Hell, my kid could have dug that little hole easily. Not the new designs though

-Geaux

Wow now the left is concerned about the President doing an end run around Congress yet when Obama decided to legislate with his phone and pen when he couldn't get his way with Congress that was acceptable. To be fair and balanced when Obama was doiong that the Republicans were the ones showing the outrage of convenience the partisan mindset along with death and taxes is one of the few constants in the world.

You fucking Trump cult members should some day learn the damn difference between an EXECUTIVE ORDER.....and declaring a NATIONAL EMERGENCY......

Go on....challenge that half brain of yours......LOL

-Geaux

Why a wall, which most experts agree won't be very cost effective?
Cost Analysis? I'll play...... What price did we put on the head of an illegal alien to form this cost benefit analysis? Who determined what our return on investment should look like?

-Geaux

[…]

The senate will vote it down. So what's your point?

You fucking Trump cult members should some day learn the damn difference between an EXECUTIVE ORDER.....and declaring a NATIONAL EMERGENCY......

Go on....challenge that half brain of yours......LOL
What difference does it make?

Forum List

Back