An Asteroid Strike On Earth Is Just A Matter Of Time, Say Experts

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Dying in a fiery ball of rock and ash doesn’t exactly sound like the best way to go, but experts have warned that modern civilisation may indeed face the same fate as the dinosaurs.

A leading astrophysicist has warned of the danger that unexpected asteroids pose to our planet, and classified the threat not as a matter of if, but when.

Professor Alan Fitzsimmons claimed it is just a matter of time before the inevitable occurs, and we’ve just got to hope it lands somewhere away from human populations rather than near a city which it could “easily destroy”.

But I guess Trump and his religious idiots don't give a fuck! Personally I don't put much hope in humanity anymore....

Rocks from space are Trumps fault.
This is literally a fucking chicken little thread.
images (14).jpg

Dying in a fiery ball of rock and ash doesn’t exactly sound like the best way to go, but experts have warned that modern civilisation may indeed face the same fate as the dinosaurs.

A leading astrophysicist has warned of the danger that unexpected asteroids pose to our planet, and classified the threat not as a matter of if, but when.

Professor Alan Fitzsimmons claimed it is just a matter of time before the inevitable occurs, and we’ve just got to hope it lands somewhere away from human populations rather than near a city which it could “easily destroy”.

But I guess Trump and his religious idiots don't give a fuck! Personally I don't put much hope in humanity anymore....

Why are you blaming Trump for an issue that needs years or even decades of research to come up with a viable plan other than "Fling a bunch of nukes at it and hope it works"?

Sooooo, did you post this as an excuse to bash Trump or did you actually have a valid point?

By the way, I'm not worried about asteroids....... We will always have Bruce Willis....... :eusa_whistle:

What does this have to do with Trump or religion?

Obama did what about it, dufus?

We already know.

And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise."

Revelations 13:10-12

Trump and religion have fuck all to do with astronomical events, but if you want to get political about the issue then maybe we could have been further along if the previous administration hadn't been worried about turning NASA into a Muslim outreach program and canceling the Space Shuttle program before we had a viable replacement

Stuff happens, guys, and people do get hurt and die.
Jake, our technology is very close to the point where if we see the rock approaching in time, we would be able to divert it. If we continue to develop that technology. The present admin seems very much against developing any kind of science any further.

Rocks from space are Trumps fault.
This is literally a fucking chicken little thread.
View attachment 134596
No, you dumb fuck, defunding the science that might give us the ability to see the asteroid in time to divert it is the fat senile old orange clown's fault.
What got defunded in astronomy that would reduce the number of observations?
You do know most comets and asteroids are discovered by amateurs don't you?

Why are you blaming Trump for an issue that needs years or even decades of research to come up with a viable plan other than "Fling a bunch of nukes at it and hope it works"?
Because dumb assholes like you have help elect a truly dumb shit that is killing such research. And why do you doubt American ability so much? We did the impossible repeatedly in WW2.

How much do we need to pay the UN to prevent an asteroid strike?

When you figure that out, you'll realize why no one worries about it on a daily basis. There's literally nothing they can do to prevent it.

Forum List

Back